Onside kicks and high score games.

Texlonghorn75

Well, the one thing I haven't seen addressed here is player safety. The NFL and NCAA have instituted rules to make the onside kick harder and safer.
In sixman you can overload a side completely and have a 20 yard sprint, with the intent of someone blowing up the receiver to force a turnover. Plus in most cases even if the return man gives himself up, he still gets hit.

I would favor a 10 yard restraining line and the kicking team can not release until they kicked the ball. I have had players every year knocked out of the game and miss one to three weeks due to concussions recevied from onside kick coverage.
What exactly are you implying about a 10 yard restraining line? The fifteen yard kick minimum be extended to twenty five? Tweaking the onside kick could pretty much eliminate it as a standard play. Please elaborate.

51eleven

If you practice it and have the speed and hands people it can be a weapon. I've seen a team receive the ball, score in 1-2-3 plays. Kickoff onsides, recover then score again in 1-2-3 plays. Then do it again. Up 24 - 0, 3-4 minutes into the game. This can be intimidating to an opponent. Plus, if you can shut them out your a point away from half way to 45'ing them. It Can inspire your team to dominate their opponent.

Cavman1

I mean, make the onside 10 yards like it is in 11 man with no running start and the kicking team cannot release until the ball is kicked.

Nsider

Well, the one thing I haven't seen addressed here is player safety. The NFL and NCAA have instituted rules to make the onside kick harder and safer.
In sixman you can overload a side completely and have a 20 yard sprint, with the intent of someone blowing up the receiver to force a turnover. Plus in most cases even if the return man gives himself up, he still gets hit.

I would favor a 10 yard restraining line and the kicking team can not release until they kicked the ball. I have had players every year knocked out of the game and miss one to three weeks due to concussions recevied from onside kick coverage.
I absolutely agree with you. We had one hurt this yr from onsides also

51eleven

If you practice it and have the speed and hands people it can be a weapon. I've seen a team receive the ball, score in 1-2-3 plays. Kickoff onsides, recover then score again in 1-2-3 plays. Then do it again. Up 24 - 0, 3-4 minutes into the game. This can be intimidating to an opponent. Plus, if you can shut them out your a point away from half way to 45'ing them. It Can inspire your team to dominate their opponent. Those extra points are important though. Missing a few require an extra TD or 2.