Not a lot of conversation

Bronk

I don't wanna ruffle any feathers here but let's be REAL.

There isn't any talk about this district because it's flat out bad with the exception of calvert who is walking on egg shells cause of their 3 yrs of probation.

Prairie Lea hasn't been prominent since Geronimo roamed the plains. Only a true historian like Leman will know this answer.

Buckholts has an offspring called That Guy Shelton posting on everything and it's a bad program that can't keep a coach beyond a yr.

High island is getting beat by private school teams from the Houston area (and that's not good).
When has a private school team in 6 man from the Greater Houston Area won a Tapps title.

It's honestly the worst district in the state from 2-4.
Compare your 2 thru 4 with any district.

Quite bad...

There, you wanted a discussion.

Oh and the RU will be 45ed in bi district.

Kramer":1fhnwctc said:
Bronk

There isn't any talk about this district because it's flat out bad with the exception of calvert who is walking on egg shells cause of their 3 yrs of probation.

Prairie Lea hasn't been prominent since Geronimo roamed the plains. Only a true historian like Leman will know this answer.

Buckholts has an offspring called That Guy Shelton posting on everything and it's a bad program that can't keep a coach beyond a yr.

High island is getting beat by private school teams from the Houston area (and that's not good).
When has a private school team in 6 man from the Greater Houston Area won a Tapps title.

Quite bad...

Well everyone is entitled to an opinion. Thats the great thing about message boards. I know we have some very good players inside our district that very few are talking about. I'm less concerned about championing a team, but instead, championing the players who are playing.

By the way, unless you have been to one of our games, I'd be careful about dismissing the private schools that we have played.

Well...Kramer is just a bowl-full of happy conversation.

Classy response Coach...and when you champion the players first, the team usually follows. See you on the 17th!!

Kramer":3jxxprlq said:
Bronk

Quite bad...

And people accuse me of being a blunt, cranky old fart.

My favorite part is that someone asks for opinions, gets one that he doesn't like, and then goes into defense mode.

No sweetie, that dress doesn't make you look fat.

oldfat&bald":42umdmt0 said:
Kramer":42umdmt0 said:
Bronk

Quite bad...

And people accuse me of being a blunt, cranky old fart.
I don't think you're a fart.

Count Coog":geyhm6g6 said:
My favorite part is that someone asks for opinions, gets one that he doesn't like, and then goes into defense mode.

No sweetie, that dress doesn't make you look fat.

What part of my response was defensive? I didnt mind his comments because he is entitled to his opinions. I did ask for discussions, I got what I asked. Im happy about that. Ive been doing this for a long time; I dont get worked up about message board stuff because ultimately you have to do it on the field.

The only way you change peoples opinions on your team is to win games and make noise in the playoffs.

Ultimately, my goal is being met; I created a topic that is getting responses about our district.

When was the last time all 4 teams in this district won during the same week.

When was the last time any of these schools had a .500 win percent or above going into district play.

When was last time someone won a playoff game (excluding Calvert).

Couldn't tell you. Great questions though. I look forward to building my program into a consistent winner though. Have good talent down here and we are heading in the right direction.

I'll add my .2 cents and I'm going to be REAL HONEST HERE.

This is not a poke or jab at anyone -BUT-
This here district does have the MOST coaches on here "talking about nothings" when they should honestly be "trying" to prepare their teams.

Bronk (HI) & That_Guy_Shelton(Calvert).
If I were AD at any of these schools I'd have a football season message board ban for my asst coaches.
Only thing you could post would be the scores......Actually on 2nd thought, I'd have you text it to Granger to keep you focused on your duties and less attention to this message board.

I have yet to EVER see a Bret Tyler (Valley, Sterling City), Toby Goodwin (Ira), Trey Richey (Borden County), Vance Jones (Balmorhea), Jerry Burkhart (Richland Springs), Tye Keith (Happy) and this is just to name a FEW, get on here and post anything other than scores..... but they all have something in common.
THEY SPEND LESS TIME ON HERE WORRIED ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE SAY AND MORE TIME ON THEIR X's AND O's WHICH TURNS INTO WINNING ON THE FIELD.

This is just my opinion.

I bet you can muster a win or two if ya worried more about your opponents than "Not a lot of conversation on district 16 division 2).

Wonder Dog":32vlppuk said:

This here district does have the MOST coaches on here "talking about nothings" when they should honestly be "trying" to prepare their teams.

If I were AD at any of these schools I'd have a football season message board ban for my asst coaches.
Only thing you could post would be the scores......Actually on 2nd thought, I'd have you text it to Granger to keep you focused on your duties and less attention to this message board.

I have yet to EVER see a Bret Tyler (Valley, Sterling City), Toby Goodwin (Ira), Trey Richey (Borden County), Vance Jones (Balmorhea), Jerry Burkhart (Richland Springs), Tye Keith (Happy) and this is just to name a FEW, get on here and post anything other than scores..... but they all have something in common.
THEY SPEND LESS TIME ON HERE WORRIED ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE SAY AND MORE TIME ON THEIR X's AND O's WHICH TURNS INTO WINNING ON THE FIELD.

This is just my opinion.

I bet you can muster a win or two if ya worried more about your opponents than "Not a lot of conversation on district 16 division 2).
While your point is not wrong, I would also like to add that you see Chad Satcher (Mount Calm) on here a lot too. So, I don't think that whether you are on here or not really affects how good or bad your team is.

Heck, I am on here alot.......but my teams are bad because of my coaching skills, not because the kids are bad.......NOT A WORD COWBOY!!!!!!!

Texman301":1y5sx2ch said:
Heck, I am on here alot.......but my teams are bad because of my coaching skills, not because the kids are bad.......NOT A WORD COWBOY!!!!!!!
Sure, give me a perfect opening to give you a hard time then tell me I can't!

Wonder Dog":3by186wh said:

This is just my opinion.

I'm sure I will get widely criticized for getting defensive, etc, but I'm a little feisty today. Maybe because its GameDay or maybe its because I haven't had my Dr. Pepper yet, I don't know.

Just my 2 cents here...

I'm an educated man, but I can't tell you the posting habits of other coaches. What I do know is that over my 19 year coaching career, me spending approximately 5 minutes a week on a message board has had no bearing on the 2 National Championships I won as a coach, the multiple District Championships I've won as a coach, or even the National Coach of the Year Award I won as a coach.

Since you have no clue how much time my staff and I put in every day and every week to prepare our team to be their best and put them in the best possible to be successful, I don't suggest you judge me about being on a message board trying to promote our district and the kids who play in it.

coachbronk":16re072a said:
Wonder Dog":16re072a said:

This is just my opinion.

I'm sure I will get widely criticized for getting defensive, etc, but I'm a little feisty today. Maybe because its GameDay or maybe its because I haven't had my Dr. Pepper yet, I don't know.

Just my 2 cents here...

I'm an educated man, but I can't tell you the posting habits of other coaches. What I do know is that over my 19 year coaching career, me spending approximately 5 minutes a week on a message board has had no bearing on the 2 National Championships I won as a coach, the multiple District Championships I've won as a coach, or even the National Coach of the Year Award I won as a coach.

Since you have no clue how much time my staff and I put in every day and every week to prepare our team to be their best and put them in the best possible to be successful, I don't suggest you judge me about being on a message board trying to promote our district and the kids who play in it.

"applauding loudly"

Well said Coach Bronk, well said.

Back