Nicest 6-Man Grass Fields

Meadow and Sands are the first two that came to mind...I have not seen it since they redid it but Paint Rock now possibly? (I wish Blackwell would go back to grass...they lost to Motley Co in 2019 I could argue bc they dont play on grass and Motley does...game was on grass in Knox City...but dont get me on my soap box)

Meadow and Sands are the first two that came to mind...I have not seen it since they redid it but Paint Rock now possibly? (I wish Blackwell would go back to grass...they lost to Motley Co in 2019 I could argue bc they dont play on grass and Motley does...game was on grass in Knox City...but dont get me on my soap box)
See motley co and Blackwell flipped a coin to see who got to pick the field so motley co won and chose a grass on bc we knew if Blackwell got turf it would be a different game. But in 2020 when motley vs Blackwell in jayton turf motley county still handle them with ease. Plus I don't think Blackwell in 2019 would stop jake Richard's that year

Sands has the best grass field I've ever coached at, Whiteface has great grass, Anton has great grass. From what i have seen on film Guthrie, Motley, Follett, Baird, Roby all have great looking grass fields.

Last edited:
Even though they are new to this list, you gotta add Menard's grass field. Old coliseum home stands that are huge. Its all carved out of a rock mountain, deer running around in the background, and a big "Victory Hill" in the back of it all with a big white wall and that players climb if they win the game. I've been around the block and seen some awesome 6-man grass stadiums, and this one is definitely towards the top for me!

Our coach does a really good job maintaining our field. We are fortunate to have two grass fields side by side, so we can practice on one and let the game field stay healthy. We've played on some real goat farms though. The playing surface is uneven and there are patches of dirt all over the field. Then we played on a turf field that had to be installed by the players themselves. The ground was uneven and there were gaps in the seams. I was legit worried about injuries.

I learned this from the Blanket Ag Teacher in the late 90s for Bermuda Grass: Fertilize in April or May with 16-4-8 high nitrogen and in August send off soil samples for analysis and feed the roots with the correct blend i.e. 12-4-14, aerate in early Spring, irrigate, and mow every 3 days at a half to three-quarters of an inch and let the clippings help maintain moisture and nutrients. Mowing less than every third day makes the clippings too long and can be harmful to growth.

Also, it helps to keep the mower blades sharp. Using a reel type mower like they use to mow golf course fairways is even better.

Last edited:
Silverton's field was the best field we played on this year. A few years back I would have rather played on a Walmart parking lot. They have done an amazing job.

Back