Needcoach ASAP!!

eharmon

11-man fan
Hey guys. I recently took a job as Head Baseball and Head Basketball coach at a first year UIL school in Arlington this year. I was going to help with football but shortly after the other coaches left and I was put as the ‘interim’ head coach while they searched for another coach. I have never played or coached organized football and I am in way over my head. I’m also a first year teacher and teach science so I have my hands full with that. I played basketball and baseball at a high level since I was a little kid and have also coached both sports. I am very confident in those two sports but definitely not in football (especially 6-man). I know football but nowhere near enough to be a head coach. I really need some help. I’m afraid I will hold back the kids and I’m also afraid of teaching them poor technique and getting them hurt. If someone could help us find a coach I would forever be in your debt!!

No better way to learn than in the fire itself. You have a lot of things going for you. The main thing is you don't have any bad habits. Just imagine the attention you'd get if you won a state championship.

You’re right and I’ve considered that! But I still want to do the due diligence of searching for a head coach. I just got the news that I was the head coach a couple of weeks ago. My issue is I also just had chemistry added to me yesterday and I haven’t started lesson planning for it. Being a first year teacher/coach I’m scared I’m biting off more than I can chew! Lol

Just wait till next week when they tell you that you are now the Superintendent. I'll help you out real quick on your first role as head coach. Have you sent your schedule to the officiating association that covers your games? Don't wait till the week before. Always communicate with them on any changes.

Back