Less Than a Week

51eleven

Six-man expert
Down to two games, four teams. What's gonna happen?

Westbrook rang a bell but I couldn't place it. Turns out I've passed through it. Texas is a big state with a lot of towns. Maybe I blinked at 75 mph or looked South as it's mostly North of I-20. With a population of 203 or 246 it's surprising they are D1. Lotta ranch kids I guess, like McLean.
They've had kind of a storybook season between injuries and losses to make it to the dance.
Playing 6 Man at AT&T is special for any team.

Best of luck to all those left.

Should be great games on tap. Play them out and see where the chips fall. Just curious Westbrook has 4 loses. Hypothetically they win would that happen to be the most loses from a state champ. Not taking anything away from them or knocking them they had a tough schedule and injuries from what I’ve gathered. Just curious if anybody would know the answer.

Should be great games on tap. Play them out and see where the chips fall. Just curious Westbrook has 4 loses. Hypothetically they win would that happen to be the most loses from a state champ. Not taking anything away from them or knocking them they had a tough schedule and injuries from what I’ve gathered. Just curious if anybody would know the answer.
Yes you are correct! According to sixmanfootball and final rankings from 1994 to present. No team has entered the State game with more than 1 loss! If we could get some of the guys from 1994 back to reply, And get some history on this would be great!

Yes you are correct! According to sixmanfootball and final rankings from 1994 to present. No team has entered the State game with more than 1 loss! If we could get some of the guys from 1994 back to reply, And get some history on this would be great!
When Abbott won in 2015 they had 2 loses.

I know of at least 3 teams that enered the championship game with more than 1 loss. The Sterling City team in D2 2010 had 4 losses.
In the 2015 game Crowell had 3 losses and Abbott had 2. I hope all teams playing are healthy and stay Covid free. The Jayton team in the first D2 championship game in 2006 had 2 losses.

Last edited:
All good info and very interesting. I was hoping to some of the older followers of this site could shed light on some of the early 6 man teams to win it with losses but who really remembers those.?.? (The losses) Besides I didn’t want to do it myself 😂. Did any of the above teams win state those years though?? One or two? I know the Abbott.

Last edited:
Where’s leman he sure has been quiet this year. He usually has some good research on such things. Are these off hand knowledge or are you using lonestarfootball. Or some other means.

All good info and very interesting. I was hoping to some of the older followers of this site could shed light on some of the early 6 man teams to win it with losses but who really remembers those.?.? (The losses) Besides I didn’t want to do it myself 😂. Did any of the above teams win state those years though?? One or two? I know the Abbott.
The only I can recall is Abbott. I believe it was stated that they had the distinction of being a state champion wih the most losses. I think the Amherst team in 1994 had 1 loss and 1 tie.

Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah.
2-4-6-8 Who Do We Appreciate . . .
Every year, all four finalists . . . All I Want for Christmas is a State Champion Ship!

Then again rah rah tcu always sounded a little sophomoric to me.

But it is getting time to get pumped.

Rah rah ree kick em in the knee,
Rah rah rahss, cick em' in the . . . other knee.
Whoops, any way you figure it, a personal foul.

You ok buddy?.? I highly doubt any of the 4 great teams left need you busting out the old skirt and Pom poms. Exciting days ahead yes. I will miss the only games I truly would like to see but can maybe make big school mess. Haven’t made mind up on that one. Thankful for all stations covering this, for the fine folks that cannot make the game. Anybody have a clue as to when someone else or contract ends for Bally sports. I can’t stand not being able to make it physically and the only other option is to have direct tv.?.? Nonsense with today’s technology. Should be able to make a one time payment to watch the championships via streaming ect. Without having to sign up. Even if you put a PPV price on it. Would be worth it.

Back