Is Strawn overrated?

Yes, definitely Strawn is overrated. Based on the Strawn's record and seeing them play against Milford last week I would only rate them #3 statewide. McLean beat them soundly to start the year and Garden City beat them in a penalty plagued game. Strawn beat Milford in a very competitive game. No other D2 sixman school in history has every played such a non district schedule. Strawn has played the top three or four teams of D1. Bryson(9-3) had an excellent team last year and Strawn handled them easily this year. Borden County is down this year due to injuries and graduation but when Strawn played them Borden was undefeated and untested too. Only May also D1 remains to be played before district play begins. May was 12-1 last year, only losing to Jonesboro in the quarterfinals. Strawn has taken a few hits, been beaten by good teams (beaten good teams too) with more players and still remained competitive. The real question is can Richland Springs, Calvert, Oakwood and Iredell compete with Strawn?

Personally I think strawn is a very good football team. A couple things happened last year for strawn to be successful, Milford and Richland Springs dominated the story lines and for the most part strawn stayed under the radar. Now when your the champion everyone throws their best punch at you week in and week out. Maybe the pressure is getting to be a little to much.

The pressure has certainly gotten to Milford, they are 0 and 2 against Strawn in the last ten months. Maybe Milford can win out in the playoffs.

Strawn is not overatted they are just the #3 or 4 team in the State... Mclean beat them by 33 and GC beat em by 11, Can't argue with the facts.. Congrats to GC.

This is why I asked the question on how beat up Strawn really was. Grant it they played awful to a good team and penalties got them beat be it fair or not it happened the players and coaches know there is no excuses. There is no doubt in my mind now the schedule finally caught up with them. They are limping into the game with may, get a much needed bye week to heal what needs healing and get ready for district play. I feel like they will fine for the playoff runs

I think the topic should be changed to, Is Milford overrated? #3 ranked Milford beat Oakwood by 15 points. Calvert beat Oakwood by 11 points. #4 ranked Coolidge beat Calvert this week and #9 ranked Union Hill beat Oakwood by 48 points. I think Coolidge and Union Hill should be ranked above Milford and probably a few other teams also.

Mexican Englishman":1g8dey2a said:
I think the topic should be changed to, Is Milford overrated? #3 ranked Milford beat Oakwood by 15 points. Calvert beat Oakwood by 11 points. #4 ranked Coolidge beat Calvert this week and #9 ranked Union Hill beat Oakwood by 48 points. I think Coolidge and Union Hill should be ranked above Milford and probably a few other teams also.

Beat me to it. Oakwood's now 3-3 after getting 45'd by U Hill. Nobody's talking about that. Strawns been beat by the # 1 & 2 D1 teams in the state by a combined 44 points. Kudos again to GC but some are saying the Hounds shot themselves in the foot last night. And some are even saying the ref's helped them do that. No excuses.

I'm happy at the moment UT Beat ut north.

Back