Half way mark

Old76er

Six-man fan
Now that the season is at the half way mark, what’s everyone’s thoughts on who we will see in Waco in December?
Division 1
I had giddings and emery..
emery seems to have some injuries and just took a loss to Baytown who also was said to have injuries. Veritas is just a little too young this year but look for them to make some noise again next year. They have some underclassmen that are getting some quality playing time.
lakehill is obviously the front runner and I like giddings still. Gave lakehill a tough game already and a rematch for the title would be interesting.
Lakehill your Division 1 state champs

Division 2
I had Bracken and Huntsville. Boy was I way off. Watauga is arguably the best team in Tapps. Best win against #35 ranked Coolidge with a rating of 351. Only allowed 36 points all year. New Braunfels has shown signs of state form however not being able to put away veritas or cedar park may raise some eyebrows. Yet they battled strawn in a very close game. Best win against #52 Austin veritas and a rating of 335. Allen academy sits with a 6-0 record however they have not had very tough competition. Best win against #67 ranked lake Jackson with an average opponent rating of 264.
Watauga wins D2 state title

Division 3
Baytown has had a solid year but said to have injuries. Have played 4 opponents ranked lower than 70. Best win against #37 Emery and rating of 333. I had Faustina from the north but will have to go with Weatherford. Weatherford has some new faces and seem to be having a solid year defeating both #35 Coolidge and #32 Groom.
Weatherford your division 3 state champs

Looking forward to hearing everyone’s thoughts and can’t wait to see how this looks come December. Should be some good playoff football.

That wautauga score differential isn’t even the half of it...opponents net combined yardage over the past 6 games is around 500 total yards, the last three teams combined have barely reached 50 total yards net, two of the last three were net negative for the game...one of them took to stalling in the 2nd quarter by running the play clock to zero before snapping

Coolidge, 61-16, Harvest did give up 131 yards that game but 61 came on 2 pass plays both of which produced the two touchdowns, otherwise, similar to the others

Don't forget my friends up in Fredericksburg. I decided to take a drive to San Marcos last Friday night and saw the darnest thing I ever saw in my life during the Heritage-San Marcos Hill Country Christian game.

Tim Shipman was running a spread offense and passing the football. Cripes, I couldn't sell that story to the producers for a new Twilight Zone episode.

He did run a couple tight formation plays, so I know he hasn't totally lost it. And I did get to spend the game sitting next to the always lovely and gracious Mrs. Shipman.

freeagent":1alxiupc said:
Don't forget my friends up in Fredericksburg. I decided to take a drive to San Marcos last Friday night and saw the darnest thing I ever saw in my life during the Heritage-San Marcos Hill Country Christian game.

Tim Shipman was running a spread offense and passing the football. Cripes, I couldn't sell that story to the producers for a new Twilight Zone episode.

He did run a couple tight formation plays, so I know he hasn't totally lost it. And I did get to spend the game sitting next to the always lovely and gracious Mrs. Shipman.

Nobody writing of Shipman for sure! He always seems to have his boys ready to play. They have been destroying their opponents this year. Not sure how the bracket is set up this year. If they are in the south bracket they Could possibly meet cedar park and or baytown early on. Very good possibility Fredericksburg takes down baytown and cedar park. Will know more on cedar park as they get to battle each other in district. Spring branch is having a very good year as well just not a lot of talk on them. They usually have a small team but are always competitive. They could have a shot at 1st or 2nd in that division as well.

DirtyBayBulldog":l61zzlpq said:
Any state contenders on the regular season schedule?

Fredericksburg has not been challenged as of yet. Best win against #110 ranked Austin Hill Country who is 2-4.
Their average opponent rating is 276. They will be tested here shortly in district.

Weatherford has faced a few good public schools. Continue their success and they may start finding it difficult to schedule teams.
But they have regional accessibility being in "6-man country" so they have plenty of access to quality teams and they won't have to be all away games.

Cedar Park Summit has also faced New Braunfels, Marble Falls Faith, and Veritas. No doubt they are in contention for toughest schedule with Freddy and Spring Branch (this week) to go!

DirtyBayBulldog":boh76ns9 said:
Cedar Park Summit has also faced New Braunfels, Marble Falls Faith, and Veritas. No doubt they are in contention for toughest schedule with Freddy and Spring Branch (this week) to go!

Cedar park sits at 337

CP beat a tough Living Rock team last night. I will argue all day long that we have had by far the toughest schedule out of anyone in our region. The two teams we lost to are good programs(even though I still argue the score against Veritas could have been different) with depth equal to that of 2A 11 man programs.

Not looking past this week, but Nov 1st CP vs Freddy should be a good one and will determine district!!

-War Eagle!!

Looking at like opponents...
Cedar park
Living rock
Fredericksburg

All have played Austin hill country with cedar park and living rock winning by 22 and 20.
Fredericksburg cruised to a 54-8 win over Austin hill
Country

Found that interesting.

Back