Forceing the WR?

i dont have any answer to your question will be intrested inthe answer. i have seen some teams that onside kick alot have their speedsters flirt with the sidelines and return back in the field of play in an attempt to cover the ball.

on a kick the receiving team is not allowed to block below the waist, nor is kicking team allowed to impeed or hit a person attempting to receive the ball prior to it traveling 15 yards whether it is in flight and/or it is rolling. is this correct?
i have yet to see it called on the blocking below the waist. yet they seen to be concerned in a lead block on a run play being below the waist.
again i wonder if you are concerned with this block then why not make it illegal all over the field?

Let's break down going out of bounds.

Defensive players, there are no restrictions for defensive players going OOB and returning.

Offensive players on a passing play. No eligible reciever may go out of bounds and return to the field of play or the end zone and be the first to touch a legal forward pass. If the receiver is forced OOB by a defender and IF he returns to the field of play immediately, he can be the first to touch the pass.

If any player is clearly OOB and initiates a block on an opponent OOB, it is a personal foul at the spot the blocker crosses the sideline going OOB.

On a scrimmage kick play, (punt, fg) if Team A (kicking team) goes OOB on his own, or if he is blocked OOB and he doesn't attempt to return immediately, it is a 5 yard foul.

kbjoe1":3k7egsav said:
on a kick the receiving team is not allowed to block below the waist, nor is kicking team allowed to impeed or hit a person attempting to receive the ball prior to it traveling 15 yards whether it is in flight and/or it is rolling. is this correct?
i have yet to see it called on the blocking below the waist. yet they seen to be concerned in a lead block on a run play being below the waist.
again i wonder if you are concerned with this block then why not make it illegal all over the field?

Ok, now blocks below the waist, as a rule BBW is a foul, that includes any play where there is a kick or after a change of possession by any player on the field.

There are exceptions to the rule where BBW is legal, they are rather convoluted, this is because coaches on the NCAA rules committee don't want to give up the low blocks. If officials were writing the rules, all BBW would be illegal, because the way that the rule is worded now it will be difficult for 7 man crews to officiate 100% correctly, much less 5,4 or 3 in HS and sub-varsity.

The kicking team cannot legally block a member of the receiving team on a free kick (kickoff) until the kicking team can legally touch the ball. That would be after the ball has touched a team B player (not forced into the ball) , after the ball crosses and remains across the receiving teams restraining line, 15 yards or 10 for 11-man, or it touches the ground, an official, or a team b player beyond the restraining line.

i played on the crowded field and if anyone blocked below the waist on a kickoff most all the time it was called in fact i never remember one where it was not even on film but since watching a less crowded field and especially if during a onside kick it is rarely called or i have yet to see it called and i record each game.

in reference to that part that sounds impossible to impose why is it still a foul or is it forced on you'll (the refs)

Back