Early top 15

Kramer

11-man fan
D-1
15 - Paducah - Hiring of York is just what the dragons needed. Football 1st, Basketball 2nd
14 - Aspermont - they return several upper classmen, they could be legit.
13 - Blum - The bobcats will be a top 15 team, I think they'll struggle early but turn it on late.
12 - Happy - THE QUESTION MARK TEAM. Feeling disrespected, I think they have a something to prove.
11 - Knox City - Calloway has silently built a good program here.
10 - Aquilla - The talk on the message boards way back was this team is going to be REAL. I bring them in at 10.
9 - Jonesboro -will be down but still will win games.
8 - Sands - Moving from D2, bringing in 7 Sr's led by Landon Morrow will have these guys playing some good ball.
7 - May - is always left out of the talk, but not this yr.
6 - McLean - proved they were real last yr and brings back some studs
5 - Valley - New Coach, New Attitude, Look out for the Patriots
4 - Milford - Smith kid is the real deal but will he have enough help
3 - Coolidge - Hiring of Hays brings in Skyler Hays to mix in with the athletes.
2 - Balmorhea - Vance Jones will have the Bears in the mix come late November
1 - Borden County - They'll be the top dawg again, don't see anyone slowing them down.

D 2 - I haven't had time to actually read up on these schools but my gut says :
15 Grandfalls Royalty
14 Blanket
13 Gordon
12 Anton
11 Motley County
10 Panther Creek
9 Blackwell
8 Calvert
7 Jayton
6 Iredell
5 Follett
4 Richland Springs
3 Oakwood
2 Buena Vista
1 Strawn

Two notable teams to keep an eye on would be Morton and Bronte. It will be interesting to see how they transition into Sixman this year. Morton has showed that they will compete during their limited time last year. It’ll definitely be a long mountain to climb for both programs, but it’ll be interesting nonetheless.

Don't take this the wrong way but, what is it that makes you think Morton will be a team to "keep an eye on"? Unlike Bronte, who has a history of being a team to reckon with, Morton doesn't seem to be able to boast much of a celebrated past. I'm not taking a shot at Morton, rather, just wondering what I'm missing here.

WV Backer":32m4q539 said:
Don't take this the wrong way but, what is it that makes you think Morton will be a team to "keep an eye on"? Unlike Bronte, who has a history of being a team to reckon with, Morton doesn't seem to be able to boast much of a celebrated past. I'm not taking a shot at Morton, rather, just wondering what I'm missing here.

It’s been a few years, but Morton has had some good teams in the past.

WV Backer":5xfnc97c said:
Perhaps I should’ve worded my previous statement better. Personally, I would keep an eye on both of these two programs because it is their first season playing public with other Sixman teams. Morton, was okay last year but won the independent bowl series in Sixman so that’s not too bad of a start. Bronte will have a great coach heading the program and I believe could make more noise than Morton. Not saying either team will be a force to reckon with this upcoming year, just saying it’ll be interesting to see the kind of success both teams can achieve their first year against other public schools.

I understand that this is your own opinion, but you put it out there so I will critique it...
Why is Milford behind Balmorhea and Coolidge? I understand that we are losing some very talented seniors, but we are bringing back the best football player in class 1A , TaRon. Two all state defensive players Ricky and Corbin. And players who got a lot of playing time the last two years who are really good. Through 2 1/2 quaters last year these boys had the great Strawn defense confused and they are only losing 2 starters. They have a few big games (Strawn, Oakwood, Coolidge) that’ll let y’all know what they can do. But personally I expect my dawgs to roll all year long...

Insider, let me give you my opinion. As long as you have Smith and Schrotke on the field, it is not going to make a whole lot of difference who the other four are, as long as they are average or better. And, this is D1 East now, not D2. So barring the unexpected, you should make it to AT&T this year.

Mexican Englishman":3ojiviix said:
You have Aquilla ranked too low. They should be around #4 or 5. Coolidge way too high, #12-15. Milford also way too high around #8-10.

Mexican Englishman with Coolidge landing Coach Hays along with his son, that just adds more weapons to this group.
Coolidge will 45 Aquilla, Beat Milford by 8-16 and will possibly be playing for the state title. Skyler Hays along with state-savy coaching will put Coolidge as the best team in the East.

Sorry I don't see the transition being that smooth. Also, are you sure his son is enrolling at Coolidge?Pretty good program 10 miles down the road. He can be seen by some college scouts.

If the talk is true on here and the hoover kid leaves Coolidge, they ain't 45'ing Aquilla and they sure in the heck ain't beating Milford. And you can take them out of the top 10.

Should make for an interesting EAST with UH RB gone and Coolidge RB gone.

Mexican Englishman":279h8t5u said:
Sorry I don't see the transition being that smooth. Also, are you sure his son is enrolling at Coolidge?Pretty good program 10 miles down the road. He can be seen by some college scouts.
Mexia?

Wonder Dog":jtbmfxck said:
If the talk is true on here and the hoover kid leaves Coolidge, they ain't 45'ing Aquilla and they sure in the heck ain't beating Milford. And you can take them out of the top 10.

Should make for an interesting EAST with UH RB gone and Coolidge RB gone.

Hoover will not be returning to Coolidge, He will be attending Mexia HS. I was in the office today 6-1-2018 when his mother called and asked to have his withdrawal papers ready so she can come pick them up.

He's the only BOY student I'm aware of that his leaving Coolidge.

Kramer":2xub4edy said:
Mexican Englishman":2xub4edy said:
You have Aquilla ranked too low. They should be around #4 or 5. Coolidge way too high, #12-15. Milford also way too high around #8-10.

Mexican Englishman with Coolidge landing Coach Hays along with his son, that just adds more weapons to this group.
Coolidge will 45 Aquilla, Beat Milford by 8-16 and will possibly be playing for the state title. Skyler Hays along with state-savy coaching will put Coolidge as the best team in the East.
Are you implying that Skylar Hayes is better than Ta’Ron Smith? Ta’Ron made Crowell, Skylar and Coach Hayes look like a JV team last year.

Back