Div II and Div I: Newcastle/Milford; Throckmorton/Avalon

Broadcaster

Six-man fan
Newcastle vs Milford, Springtown Porcupine Stadium 6:00 p.m. November 18

Throckmorton vs Avalon, Springtown Porcupine Stadium, immediately following first game

More details to come as schools meet and decide on admission, passes, etc.

I will also add some information as to restaurants, stadium information, etc on Monday or Tuesday to this post.

For information about stadium and directions, please call my offfice at 817-220-1611. If no answer please leave a message. I will call you back asap. PM or post here and I will reply asap. to questions as well.

Bill Reed
Facilities Director
Springtown ISD
817-220-1611

Attachments

• IMGA0339.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 4,315
For a small town, Springtown is loaded with good eats. As Pete mentioned, the pizza downtown is excellent, Tony is from NYC and makes a great New York style pizza. On the other side of the square is Woody's BBQ, I would recommend the gunslinger sandwich. Just to the east of the four way light is a good country cafe called Shinola's, the have great food, and the best chicken quesadilla I have ever had (it has bacon). And also east of the four way about two blocks, then south a block is an excellent mexican food place (can't remeber the name). Then there is a great greasy spoon (24 hour breakfast) about 3 or 4 blocks west of 4 way called Howells. Take your pick, they are all worth eating at.

Jedi":33y6opzq said:
Springtown is a small town?

Compared to the few to the east, Dallas, Ft Worth, Denton, Lewisville, Keller, Hurst, etal, you get the picture.

Compared to Blackwell, Loraine, Trent, Jayton, Samnorwood, etal it's huge.

All about perspective.

fajitapete":17jxslgf said:
Jedi":17jxslgf said:
Springtown is a small town?

Compared to the few to the east, Dallas, Ft Worth, Denton, Lewisville, Keller, Hurst, etal, you get the picture.

Compared to Blackwell, Loraine, Trent, Jayton, Samnorwood, etal it's huge.

All about perspective.
Its a small 4a school community on the verge of 3a

Just a few notes of reply:
a) Yes, Springtown, per say, is a small town. City limit population has not changed much in years. However, the school district population has grown through the years, but in the last 3 or so has been in a decline due to our economy.
b) There are some good eats here:
1) Shinola's - located just north of the cemetary behind the McDonald's and Flower Shop on 199 east
2) Woody Creek - BBQ place downtown on the square, great staff, great food, great service.
3) others include Howell's restaurant on 199 West, Chicken Express, Sonic, McDonalds, and a few pizza places.
4) Lorena's Mexican food on 199 East and another just behind the Donut place in the strip mall. (I don't go there but you might want to)

Game situations:
a) Ticket Prices: $7 for adults; $4 for students - only at one gate of the three. Booth just north of the press box:
b) Passes: THSCA and sixman card; no district passes allowed; ADMITTANCE THROUGH ONE GATE ONLY... DON'T GO TO THE TICKET GATE... PASS GATE IS LOCATED IN SMALLER PARKING LOT ON NORTH SIDE OF FIELD.
c) Game Times: Newcastle vs Milford @ 6:00 p.m. Newcastle is home; Milford is visitor
Throckmorton vs Avalon @ 8:00 or 30 minutes after trophy presentation in
other game;
d) IF YOU LEAVE THE STADIUM FOR ANY REASON AND TRY TO RE-ENTER, YOU MUST PURCHASE A TICKET. THE NO EXIT, RE-ENTRY POLICY WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED. THIS APPLIES TO EVERYONE NO MATTER IF YOU HAVE A PASS OR HAVE PURCHASED A TICKET.
e) Parking is on a first come; first serve basis. No home / visitor parking designated.
f) We plan to open the gates at 4:30 p.m. but might be 4:45 due to workers having classes to attend and take care of.

Thanks for coming to Porcupine Stadium and will see you there!

Back