District 2015

BullWhip":14c7jxhl said:
May will kill Gustine and Lingleville will stomp overrated Gordon
Gordon was very listless early. Best overall player did not suit up for the game. Hardest hitting player finally looked healthy for the first time in 2015, ejected on a very ticky-tack Personal Foul early in the 2nd seemed to ignite the Longhorns. Gordon has allowed 3 2nd half TDs, 2 against Rising Star and 1 against Lingleville. Extremely well coached team. Really looking forward to the match up against May.

Shout out to the Lingleville woman who gave a beautiful rendition of the U.S. National Anthem before the Gordon game! Our mics for the broadcast on microplexnews.com picked her up wonderfully.

I would be very surprised if any of the Coaches or players are looking any further ahead than the next game. Certainly not any further ahead than Strawn for both teams.

I am neither a coach or a player. I am a very observant fan. Who is very much looking forward to the matchup of Gordon v May.
I will say, with a great deal of certainty, the Gordon players are thinking about the May game too. Thy believe they are better than Gustine and Strawn. Not that they are overlooking Gustine or Strawn (certainly not Strawn)....

It's a better world when Gordon (50) beats Strawn (22)!

Enjoyed a great evening with my pops! Strawn Booster Club tailgate party moved to a pavilion with some good eats for a good cause. The rain was coming through in waves for 1 1/2 hours before the game. Stopped just before kickoff. Beautiful colors in the breaking clouds with a magnificent rainbow touching the eastern sky. 30 minute lightening delay at the end of the 1st. Another 30 minute lightening delay at the start of halftime. Slow drizzle started late in the fourth. The field drained pretty well considering the heavy rain overnight and again today. Really sloshy in the first. Not as bad in the second. Player speed picked up in the third. By the fourth, it was just a wet field. Hats off to the field for its remarkably good condition. Game was very well officiated. Good crisp pace to the game's flow.
Gordon started slow as they have all year. Still not at full strength with their best overall player missing his second consecutive game. Strawn looked like they were getting their spread game going by running Allison in the second but Gordon adjusted their defense very well. Conditions hindered Strawn's spread passing game but Gordon had good success with their short passing game from tight. Gordon's best play was a fluke. Pitch back to Mackey for a quick kick on 4th was muffed, he found a receiver for a short dump off who went down the sideline to the one. It was their night.
Woo!Hoo! Gordon 50 - Strawn 22

Gordon 52 Bryson 34

Newcastle 36 May 22

Gordon has the pleasure of playing Rochelle. May gets to hit the gym for some round ball. Saw on another thread the prediction that Rochelle would cut through Gordon like a hot knife through butter, with Gordon's ball control offensive and their defensive line, they should have their shot at Rochelle. I will say that from this point on staying in the playoff hunt will be an uphill battle.

Back