District 2 Championship

Game Traveler

Six-man fan
Well, football fans we are approaching the game of the week in TAPPS D-3. Longview Trinity vs Granbury NCTA on Halloween. Will the ghost and goblins come out to haunt Trinity or will Granbury be available to trick or treat early? This is my game of the week and it is for all the marbles in District 2. Might be some teams scouting this one for playoff purposes. Opinions?

Since I haven't seen Granbury personally, I'll have to go off of limited game film and common opponents. Granbury beat Canyon Creek by 2 and lost to Covenant Classical by 20. Longview Trinity 45'd both of those teams by halftime, so I can't see where Trinity wouldn't be the clear favorite. The games aren't played on paper, though, so we'll see what happens Friday night. Good luck!

GT, my question and no disrespect dave, can Trinity continue to handle the pressure. Granbury has been there before. Can the coaches keep the players in check are the coaches capable of keeping themselves in check. Will Trinity take Granbury for granted, can Trinity play all four quarters in a possible close game. No game but first has been a challenge. I will hold on to make a pick for a few days. Granbury will be hungry after their lose will trinity be over confident, that's the dilemma.

Yes sir Mr. Holmes, I believe the coaching matchup goes to Granbury. They have been in this position before. I know they are two different teams on paper especially from last year and that was a 45 beating by granbury in the first round. It will depend on who is ready to play and who wants it more. Should be a great game.

Guys we as coaches at Trinity respect Coach Rasco and his staff, players, and school. They are good football team and Coach Rasco and I have become good friends since we played in the first round last year. They have a good football team and it will be a classic game between our two squads. Our boys will be focused and ready to play, but Granbury and Coach Rasco will also be focused and ready. Looking forward to it. Good luck to everyone this week.

Having watched Trinity over the last few years, it has been fun watching them get better each year. I expect the Granbury game to be a good test for them and really look forward to see what district 2 can do in the playoffs this year! Fun times!

My question is even if Granbury can pull off the upset, would Longview still be district champs? Since Granbury lost to a team that Longview beat at half and also almost lost to a team that Longview beat at half, I would think that the marbles automatically go to Longview. Correct me if i'm wrong; I'm ignorant in how a district champion is chosen.

Well Pete, if Granbury beats longview they will hold the tie breaker that could come in handy down the road. If covenent losses another one then NCTA would be district champs. If longview wins then it is settled...trinity will be champs no matter outcome of last game. If I am wrong please let me know someone.

Where is everyone at on this topic. Lets get some score predictions on this game.

I am going out on a limb and saying Granbury NCTA will upset Longview Trinity by 10.

Sorry, I just think Granbury gets back on track this week.

I have to agree with Game Traveler on this one too...Trinity has been on roll but I think its about to come to a complete stop against NCTA....NCTA has much more experience in playing in a big game than Trinity does...With that said NCTA knocks Trinity from the undefeated ranks this week....Pioneers beat the Titans by at least 15 pts....Mark my word....

"Mark your word" huh? This sounds all too similar to your predictions last week SFA, where supposedly Canyon Creek was going to beat Longview by at least 32. The outcome of this game seems painstakingly obvious to me. Trinity has 45'd a team that beat Granbury and 45'd a team Granbury nearly lost to. Unless you're just going off a crazy gut feeling, I have no idea why you would think Granbury will win.

As I look at this game and look down, I am gonna have to go with gametrav prediction of Granbury by 10, 10 has always been a lucky number for me and has always came thru. Joe, joe, joe, and joe you must be trolling. I know you cant really believe trinity has a chance in winning it all. Lets look at trinities route to the show. NCTA, Bronwood, Bye, another game, Norte Dame, then Freddy. Now that's a hard schedule. Norte Dame v Freddy dec 5, with a win by Freddy.

Trinity is like a splinter thy are there just enough to annoy you, but eventually the splinter is removed and it is over and then the Cinderella season will be done.

John "Johnny Football" Holmes

John, all you are doing is stating your opinions without support. The only "argument" you have to support your Trinity splinter idea so far is that 10 is your "lucky number." And as good of an argument as that may be, you are going to have to, please, for once, explain to me in a little more depth as to why Longview is a removable splinter that will lose to NTCA and go nowhere in playoffs.

Joe Price, as many of us have heard before "last weeks effort, won't win this weeks game". I think it comes down to this...WHO WANTS IT MORE! If Granbury looses this game, they could be rolling out the basketballs early and get an early start on defending their State Title. Meaning, no playoffs. Granbury has been in the big games and know how to handle business in those games. I got Granbury.

Yes Joe, I am, just like you. Your only support is last week someone was 45ed and that someone 45ed someone, blah blah blah, was ft worth picked to win, ummmm no. So this week to week 45ing is not exactly accurate. But that's how you base your decision great, but your opinion. Me, I like lucky numbers and odds, odds are trinity is due for a bad game, could it be this week, maybe. maybe they want be prepared, maybe they are partying, just maybe they cant handle the pressure, or maybe they are simply overconfident. I do not think any team will be undefeated in DIII.

The splinter thing was not just about this week, its overall.

Again norte dame v Freddy dec 5, Freddy wins it all.

John "Johnny Football '10" Holmes

So let me see if have all this straight. Granbury is going to beat Trinity because:

1) It's Halloween and Halloween is spooky.
2) Trinity can't handle pressure
3) Trinity's coaches can't keep themselves or their players in check. Not to mention the whole crazy Trinity party animal theory.
4) Since Granbury's played in big games before and Trinity hasn't, Granbury wins by default.
5) Because SFA says so (sounds like Stone Cold Steve Austin!)
6) 10 is John Holmes lucky number
7) Trinity is an annoying piece of wood
8) Granbury wants it more (If wanting something badly enough makes things happen, I've really got to reevaluate this whole "hard work, commitment and talent" thing. And maybe I could beat Tiger Woods in golf, I've just got to want it worse than he does)
9) Last weeks effort won't win this week's game (but wait...I thought this year's state championship is automatically awarded to last year's state champion...the game is just a formality???)
10) It all boils down to luck and odds

With that kind of sound logic and rational, you guys should head out to Vegas and start a tout service. Or maybe you're better suited for comedy.

Looking forward to a good game (it does actually have to be played, guys)

Longview is also ranked #1 now. An 8-0 record and being the only undefeated team in Division 3 should be #1. But thus far this season, the #1 ranking has been a curse. Just a little more logic for ya Mr. David.

Yep you are almost right except for the state champ thingy, I don't think there has ever been a state champ from this division. DIII is new so we have to play. I just think my team wins and yours don't. Liten up davie, but you are right any advice from this site is like getting it from tout service except we are not getting paid for these awesome picks and supporting documentation.

still Dame v Freddy, Dec 5.....Freddy Wins first DIII State Championship

The Tout

Trinity is also apparently cursed, David. Just another rational reason to add to your list as to why Longview will suddenly fail this week.

Back