Coolidge vs Abbott

I think this is Coolidge's year. The boys are hungry and have their eyes on the district championship. Aquilla will take second place.

Not real sure how it works but i believe Abbott would have to win by 30+ points to knock Aquilla out

Aquilla beat Abbott by 50
Coolidge beat Aquilla by 10

But like i said not sure how it works on the point system

Oilman33":13bikdgy said:
Not real sure how it works but i believe Abbott would have to win by 30+ points to knock Aquilla out

Aquilla beat Abbott by 50
Coolidge beat Aquilla by 10

But like i said not sure how it works on the point system

The way I under stand for this district it don't matter if you 45'ed them it is just 24 points. I thinks every district could be different. So that changes things up on the point's.

Yeah it's a 24 pt cut off. So Aquilla is +24 for beating Abbott and -10 for Coolidge. So they are +14. Abbott is -24 and Coolidge is +10. So if Abbott beats Coolidge by 18 or more then it's a 3 way tie and Aquilla and Abbott go to playoffs, Aquilla is in aa long as they beat Gholson. Thats how it was explained to me

Abbott has a thing about winning and playoffs come district time and they turn it up to another level. Even though they were blasted by Aquilla, I see Abbott beating Coolidge and getting the runner up spot in this district.
They just have a nack for getting into the playoffs, Crawford will have his panthers rolling in this one.

CleverUsername1":2rcasqef said:
I never make predictions but Coolidge 45s in the 3rd.

The book of Aquilla goes as: The following Abbott players didn't play: 1 and 9 didn't play and then tie into it, 7 and 11 got injured during the game and that propelled the 50 point win.

I believe all of Abbott's players are healthy and playing (except 9), Should be a really good game.

The aquilla/abbott game was at one time 30-16 and Abbott had a TD called back which could've made that a 30-24 game at halftime.

I expect a very close game, no 45 in this one.

As for the 3 way tie system, If my math is correct, Aquilla is in all they have to do is win vs Gholson.
Abbott has to beat Coolidge by 18 or more to get in

Wonderdog i was at that game 11 and 7 didnt get hurt til the 4th quarter. Aquilla had 2 tds called back in the first. Aquilla scored on every possession except once when they made a bad pitch and fumbled the ball. And the touchdown that got called back for abbott ended up being scored on the same drive

Oilman33":t5dma0rz said:
Wonderdog i was at that game 11 and 7 didnt get hurt til the 4th quarter. Aquilla had 2 tds called back in the first. Aquilla scored on every possession except once when they made a bad pitch and fumbled the ball. And the touchdown that got called back for abbott ended up being scored on the same drive

It was not rhe 4th quarter. Both 7 and 11 went out with about 7:30 left in the 3rd quarter. Yes Abbott was having a hard time stopping in the 1st half but they were not going to without them 2 kids. Plus both kids are a big part of their offense.

Had my quarters wrong my apologies either way it was 30 to 8 at the half with both kids playing. That being said im pulling for Abbott would like to see Aquilla and Abbott in the playoffs

Come on now nobody from Aquilla wants Abbott to win unless Aquilla gets something out if it like district championship. If I was Aquilla I would want to 2nd because if your 1st you get the Union Hill the second round. Ask Abbott how that worked out for them last year.

Well im big on tradition and Aquilla and Abbott going to the playoffs use to be the norm in this district and i would like to see it that way again no disrespect to Coolidge

Will Milford move up and possibly join this district next year or be added to Avalon Blum district

Who knows what UIL will do. Bynum and Kopperl are going to D2 probably so this district might go to 4 teams and Milford go to a northern district .

I heard 7 is out with broken arm. He got it early in the 1st quarter in Penelope and finished the game. That will hurt Abbott agian his is strong side corner and 2 back. To many injuries for Abbott this year. Good luck Abbott!

Back