Congratulations

CowboyP

Six-man expert
Congratulations to Buckholts on a hard earned win. Keep playing hard a don't look too far ahead. Good luck next week.
Coach, it was very nice meeting you. You have a good group of young men, and I was impressed with their performance tonight.

It was a very well played game on the part of both teams. My family and I were very impressed and surprised by the caliber of your team. It was a very hard fought game and like oakwood predicted, a real nail biter. It couldn't have been a better, more exciting game. God bless you and your team.

Cowboy would pick anybody over oakwood. He has had something against oakwood ever since Oakwood took them out of the playoffs last year in convincing fashion. Oakwood would have took them out again this week if they could have beat buckholts. Oakwood is a little banged up so idk if they will fourty five buckholts but make no mistake oakwood has talented players that will test buckholts like they havent been tested all year. Oakwood has a better record with playing a much harder schedule. Oakwood has fourty five seven teams while buckholts has only fourty fived even tho buckholts has played one more game. Oakwood is averaging fifteen points more a game and only giving up seven more than buckholts while once again playing one of the hardest schedules in the east. From what i hear aquilla is just about the same as buckholts with a harder schedule. Aquilla has been fourty fived four times while even losing to blum by 15 who Oakwood fourty fived. Matchups are important in six man cause they can change what you think will happen but the further in the season you get the more you see how capable or not capable a team is. Like i said a healthy oakwood fourty fives Buckholts but i think final score since oakwood is banged up is oakwood sixty buckholts fourty.

Just because one team beat one team and this team beat that team you can't say that you will beat this team( I think I confused myself) On any given day any given team can beat any given team! All I'm saying is don't look ahead to someone else !

And that is the truth, but I have to go with Buckholts on this one at this time. I am not comparing wins and losses, nor am I comparing point spreads. I have found over this year that those mean absolutely nothing in six man football. The only telling factor is when two teams come nose to nose. Cowboy would have just as much reason to be bitter with Buckholts after losing last week to them, you know. So, I agree with you totally older. David, I think all the teams in the playoff have to be a little banged up by now, but maybe only a little bit.

David, I hold no grudges against any team. I have picked Oakwood to win more often than not this year. In fact, this is only the 3rd time this season that picked against them. How many games have they lost? You might want to think about that....
I am an Aquilla fan, but I picked against them a few times this season as well. Abbott is Aquilla's rival, yet I have them picked to play for the state title. If you would pay attention, you would see that I make my picks based on my opinion of talent and heart. Buckholts has above average talent, and they are loaded with heart.

CowboyP":2rsufksi said:
I make my picks based on my opinion of talent and heart. Buckholts has above average talent, and they are loaded with heart.

Cowboy, I think you will eventually learn that talent and heart will only take you so far in the playoffs. There have been many teams in the past that had all the talent in the world, and hearts as big as washtubs, and went home early in the second and third rounds. Coaching is what wins Championships.

Johnny South":ptckamqo said:
CowboyP":ptckamqo said:
I make my picks based on my opinion of talent and heart. Buckholts has above average talent, and they are loaded with heart.

Cowboy, I think you will eventually learn that talent and heart will only take you so far in the playoffs. There have been many teams in the past that had all the talent in the world, and hearts as big as washtubs, and went home early in the second and third rounds. Coaching is what wins Championships.
Actually,
it isn't just any one thing that wins championships.

Otherwise,
we could can that one thing,
sell it like fritos,
and everyone could have a championship.

It's so hard to win state,
that's what makes it so great.

I coached in the state championship last year with Hempstead and trust me, talent got us there. We had the best team in the state championship and lost to a Melissa team who came in and made plays when they had to. The game boiled down to three plays, which all went Melissa's way. They took advantage of them and won a well deserved state championship. Coaching will get you so far, but when the whistle blows, we can't throw, catch, run or tackle; even though we would love to. The wins and losses in the playoffs boil down to macth ups and who can take advantage of the other teams mistakes. That's the players. I will take all the responsibility for every loss Buckholts has had or will have. But I will give the credit to the kids for every win, as it's their efforts which made us victorious. I don't think any team will ever be more prepared or in better shape than Bukholts; but if our team makes plays and capitalizes on mistakes; I can only pat them on the back and thank them for making us look good. We only set them up for success. They have to go out and perform.

I would venture to guess
that success is based on about
10% coaching
80% sound execution of the fundamentals
10% luck.

coachsatcher":3oxkh9fm said:
We had the best team in the state championship and lost
a team who came in and made plays when they had to
They took advantage of them and won a well deserved state championship
The wins and losses in the playoffs boil down to who can take advantage of the other teams mistakes
I don't think any team will ever be more prepared or in better shape than Bukholts
makes plays and capitalizes on mistakes
We only set them up for success.

CowboyP":3oxkh9fm said:
Very well said coach.

Everything you said is......Coaching.

I believe you may have the badgers ready. Good Luck in the playoffs.

Back