College opportunities?

ProudDad27

Six-man observer
First time poster, and short time reader of this forum so apologies if this isn’t the best spot for the question.

Historically have any 6 man players transitioned to 11 man college ball successfully? Is it more likely at the skill positions that the 6-man game is built around or big boys that might be better suited for 11 man? Are there any current players in Texas 6-man that are expected to play college ball?

Thanks.

First time poster, and short time reader of this forum so apologies if this isn’t the best spot for the question.

Historically have any 6 man players transitioned to 11 man college ball successfully? Is it more likely at the skill positions that the 6-man game is built around or big boys that might be better suited for 11 man? Are there any current players in Texas 6-man that are expected to play college ball?

Thanks.
It happens just about every year, usually skill position guys and almost always to smaller colleges. Yes, there have been some big boys go on, a couple even to D-1 schools, but it is a rare as hens' teeth. The vast majority of those I'm aware of who have gone on never play longer than a couple of years. There are a few who have and excelled, but again it's rare. The differences between the two games seems to be too great to adjust to.

I personally went from 6man to college ball. I was of the bigger size. 6ft 4in at 225. when i got to college, they put me in the weight room and added 25lbs to me....they had me at a d-end and i did just fine. the speed i had aquired from sixman helped me. totally different ball game though. 11man is a monster

Last edited:

Thanks.
Demani Richardson played junior high at Aquilla then transferred to a 11 man for high school and is now the starting safety for Texas a&m and is suppose to get drafted

Back