Coach why isn't my son playing any more?

Because little Johnny isn't getting the job done, doesn't weigh enough, weighs too much, is causing drama on the sidelines, is getting trouble in class, couldn't run out of sight in a day, can't control his speed, can't remember the plays, wets his pants when he gets hit, gets too many penalties for hitting too hard, is dating my daughter, isn't the son of a school board member, isn't the right color, because I'm a racist, and overall, I just don't like him.

The case is this: My son was playing early in the season but is not playing now that District has started....This is something that can be said to many coaches...not necessarily said just/or to me...

Either the son isn't good enough to play or he's injured.

If any kid is good enough to play, the coach will find somewhere to play him sometime during the game.
But if the kid isn't touching the field and he's not injured, that means HE AIN'T GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY.

All parents need to realize, All kids have different talent levels

That would imply to me that the son knows why he isn't playing,
If it's the grandpa asking (which, I believe, is the case you are referring to) sounds like the coach and the father have already discussed it.
And grandpa should ask his son (the non-player's father).

“I asked Darrell Royal, the coach of the Texas Longhorns, why he didn’t recruit me and he said: ‘Well, Walt, we took a look at you and you weren’t any good.’” – Walt Garrison, Oklahoma State

Just goes to show ya...coaches do get it wrong sometimes...or people aren't quite ready at that point in time to shine...or...

It may be as simple as a kid unable or unwilling to hit correctly. If a kid insists on hitting with his head down, he doesn't take the field again until he can show me he can look the hit in.

Pretty simple. Offer them the chance to watch every practice, from two-d-days until game time and see who the best six are. If there son isn't one of them, no explanation needed. Some parents forget pee wee football was the last guaranteed playing time their sons get. If they want us to play everyone; stop judgin every decision we make and judging us on our win-loss record. You can't have it both ways!

Blue Bird":19qir48y said:
It may be as simple as a kid unable or unwilling to hit correctly. If a kid insists on hitting with his head down, he doesn't take the field again until he can show me he can look the hit in.
This happened with my nephew.
One of the fastest and strongest,
but he lead with his head in such a scary way
that coaches feared for his health.
They made it clear to him.
Drilled proper technique to him.
Brought G-ma out to practice to see him trying to break his neck.
G-me tried to reason with him.
Smarter than god kid refused to change.
He rode the pine for 3 yrs.
His dumarse G-pa said all the same crap as above after seeing just a few games.

I hope that answered his question...sometimes the truth hurts...sometimes it(the truth) comes best from the ones we love...

Back