Chili

TexianDoc

11-man fan
Worst pot of red I've ever made, last night...bar none.

Still better than Wolf Brand (new version) or Hormel (ANY version).

TexianDoc

I never make it the same twice............ I used some New Mexico ground chilis last time.......... sneaky hot.......... that back of your throat hot........

Made me hungry for chili........ got a pot brewing now.............
Maybe I'll step out the back door and kill a fat doe and make a big pot............

Old Bearkat":fy3fyimu said:
Didj'a scorch it?

I intentionally overcooked it, at the end. I've never done much fanciness on the front end, but tried marinating stew meat. Got busy at work and it sat for about 12 hours longer than I intended. VERY grape-y flavor to the meat (don't ask why I used wine instead of beer...thought I had a plan...)

Fresh ancho, chipotle, and ghost chilis for the paste helped. Overcooking to reduce the sharpness actually worked pretty well.

The second day's bowl was actually pretty good, but I don't think I'll use that particular set of ideas, again!

TexianDoc

I kinda like chili simple......... meat, onions, garlic, comino and ground chilis. Most of the time I brown the meat with everything dumped in at once. I add just enough liquid to keep it from sticking (usually beef stock)and then add liquid to get it as loose as I want after it has cooked a while.

smokeyjoe53":6gjlo8lt said:
I kinda like chili simple......... meat, onions, garlic, comino and ground chilis. Most of the time I brown the meat with everything dumped in at once. I add just enough liquid to keep it from sticking (usually beef stock)and then add liquid to get it as loose as I want after it has cooked a while.

No masa harina?

Back