Calvert Athletic Prg

UIL placed Calvert AD/Football/Basketball Coach on 3 year probation for not completing his computer coaching forms on uil website & eligibility forms for basketball.
I believe the coach then violated the 3 year probation somehow during track season.

He is no longer the coach at Calvert, so this job will be open soon. My guess is they will wait to open it until after their UIL hearing.

My question is, Since Calvert violated their 3 year probation,
CAN/WILL UIL ban calvert athletics from the playoffs and if so, FOR HOW LONG
OR
CAN/WILL UIL give Calvert sports in question THE SMU PUNISHMENT (death sentence), Take away their programs for a certain amount of years.

Heard they started interviews this week.

If it were me, (which it is not because relying on teenagers is a habit I dropped along timeago) I would certainly ask them before the interview, "when do you expect to hear from the UIL and what do you expect the punishment to be."

Sad for the kids if the Coaches/Admin could not mind their P's and Q's.

It is never the kids who are at fault in the rule-breaking process, it's the adults. Who is responsible for submitting the correct report? The Athletic Director. Who is responsible for seeing that the report is submitted? The Administration. Who gets punished? The kids.
The punishment should not be handed out to the kids, but to the ones responsible. Pull the AD's certification for a period of time, say, three years. Pull the Administrator's certificate for, say, five years.
These types of oversights would disappear.

Easy to cast the first stone, but unless you're there or have been in that position, please be slow to pass judgment. Four years ago, I had three kids turn in PAPFs. I called their former AD's, met with the parents, saw their homes, asked for a copy of a current bill to verify their address and everything seemed to match up. After we won district, I had a coach ask me if I went into the home to verify furniture was in the home and if I had a copy of both parents drivers license proving their address matched the address on the PAPF.

Basically, if someone wants you to be investigated, you're going to be investigated. I listened to an entire basketball meeting, 8 different schools represented, say that one or two PAPFs is ok, but when you start getting over that, it's time to start asking questions. So if two families move in, and they have two or three kids, you're going to be questioned. Can't remember the last time an 0-10 team got called out. I'm not perfect, and have never claimed to be. Don't know the specifics of the Calvert situation, and have yet to hear from Wortham or their Supe; so I'll hold my opinion on that situation until one of them offers insight.

No one is punishing the "kids". This is an organizational issue and the kids just happened to get roled up in the cross fire. Back to old rule of thumb, "There is no "I" in team".

(1) Does is suck for the kids...for sure.
(2) Will the organization get back on its A-game. You can bet money on it.
(3) Will he who most not be named jack it up again. I think not.

CT6MFL":2mzc6j4f said:
...... This is an organizational issue and the kids just happened to get roled up in the cross fire.......

You are exactly right. This is a battle between the UIL and the school authorities. But who gets hurt?
Just casualties of war I suppose.

If this situation that is being described is a recurring problem, get rid of the ones with the problem. The kids have nothing to do with the violations. Common sense tells us where the problem is. Someone needs to put their big boy pants on and get rid of some adults! Period.

I don't believe probation is the same as suspension. From what I gather they will probably get to play but will be under close watch.

I'm not an expert though.

I asked my favorite retired superintendent/brother-in-law about the probation vs. eligibility issue and he thought the school would remain eligible for playoffs. He also qualified his thoughts with the "I'm no expert" statement..........

Yeah, the only thing I had to compare it to was other organizations that were under probation and still were able to play.

Who knows…. lol

On the UIL websites business it only mentions the word Probation and a public reprimand to the AD.

Back