Breaking News - Mullin Plays Ranger JV Saturday

Was told tonight that Mullin has scheduled Ranger JV as their replacement team for their Homecoming this Saturday in Mullin. Panther Creek was scheduled originally but canceled forcing Mullin to search for a quick replacement.

Not sure how these posts got mixed up...kind of weird! Caprock's should be the 3rd post not the 1st in case someone has gotten confused....

and yes it is a six-man game...I am not sure about the time, but was told it was on Saturday

Caprock kid":23939xp3 said:
I hate to be that guy hornkeeper12. But if it's Mullins homecoming I assume it's 6man.
I "assumed" it was too, but since I didn't want to go off an assumption, I asked for verification.

If I thought this would be a good game I would go. Unfortunately Mullin would likely end it on Ranger's varsity if they were playing. It is interesting that they are at least willing to try out six-man. I just hope they don't have too sour of a taste in their mouth after their JV gets beat 60-0.

Ranger will be sixman someday soon, that poor town looks to be in really bad shape, so I think this could end up being a really good move for them later. These 11-man JV/6-man games are always interesting because the 11-man team usually possess more talent but employes an inferior strategy. My advice to Ranger would be to stick to tight, probably a T or an I, and go have fun! Good luck to both teams!

The game is at 7:30pm. Ranger will have a snap shot this year right around 120 is what I have been told, so that is a little up from the last one which I think was 116 or so. But 2016...who knows

I hope that Mullin won't just go out and 45 them...hoping they play their back ups and 3rd team a lot to extend the game 4 quarters because this game will give those Ranger kids a chance to have some fun and experience something new and exciting and probably some big ol' boys on the line their only receptions in their HS career!

Dang! Well I hope they will let the Ranger team play a little...it would be good for six-man and those kids at Ranger have a fun experience...and would extend the concession stand sales at the biggest home game of the year usually (homecoming)! Win Win Win

ha ha ha ha

I've been told 3 scores for this game 58-8, 52-7, and 53-7...I think the 53-7 is the correct one or is the one I'd go with...the game was ended sometime in the 4th quarter.

Back