• ATTENTION: If you have an ATT email address (or southwestern bell), please know that ATT has put a block on accepting emails from our server. I'm not sure why this happened and I'm currently trying to work with them to get the block removed. Until it's resolved, please text me, rather than email. Again, this only affects folks with an ATT email address. Find my contact info: ways to contact Mike

Bi-District Round Player of the Week & HMs - 2018

Leman Saunders

(sorry I am late putting this up! Happy Thanksgiving to all and safe travels!)
Bi-District Player of the Week:

Hunter Williams – Leakey – 23-262 yards, 4 TDs rushing; 7-11-0 for 132 yards, 2 TDs passing; 1-20 yards, 1 TD receiving; 13 tackles; 414 yards of total offense, 5 TDs scored and 2 TDs passing

Williams had a big night for the Eagles as Leakey won their first playoff game since 1985 defeating Jonesboro 66-30. 414 yards of total offense, 5 TDs scored, and 2 more TDs passing for Hunter in the win and they will now be hunting another playoff victory in the Area round vs May.

leakeyWilliams.png

Honorable Mentions:

Junior Guia – Blackwell – 18-237 yards, 3 TDs rushing; 8/8 PATs; 3 tackles

The big man got his first taste at running back and he ate up the Sierra Blanca defense for 237 yards and 3 touchdowns in Blackwell’s 72-24 victory. He was also a perfect 8-8 kicking PATs for 34 total points scored for the Hornets.

Chris Mendez – Aspermont – 291 yards, 5 TDs rushing; 7 tackles

Mendez led the rushing attack this week for the Aspermont Hornets as they defeated Paducah 84-55. The offensive line was a big part in his success and that of the running game in general as the Hornets rushed for 550 yards as a team.

Jerimiah Sargent – Oakwood – 3 INTs, 1 returned for a TD; 1 forced fumble, 2 fumble recovery, 4 tackles; 2-56 yards, 2 TDs receiving

Big defensive night for Sargent as he picks off 3 McDade passes and returns one for a touchdown in Oakwood’s 72-0 win. He also recovered 2 fumbles making him responsible for 5 total defensive turnovers.

Marcos Mendoza – Balmorhea – 10-174 yards, 3 TDs rushing; 12 tackles

Mendoza had a solid game both offensively and defensively for the Bears as they upset Sterling City 64-22 in the first round of the playoffs. He averaged 17.4 yards a carry leading all rushers in the game with 174 yards and three touchdowns.

Julian Gamboa – Robert Lee – 24-30 for 462 yards, 9 TDs passing; 7-33 yards rushing

In a shootout against May the freshman Gamboa threw for 462 yards and 9 touchdowns in a losing effort as Robert Lee lost 94-88.

Guia.png