Being Silenced or censored is not Texan.. Change my mind!

GigemSooners

Six-man fan
My post/thread regarding RS happened to be deleted fairly quick it seems... I know it may rub some people the wrong way but so does many of these threads. If talking about what RS is doing and comparing it to (2) political threads regarding football is censorship. Never said any profanity or anything degrading towards someone's body type (as I've done before). I really dont understand why my was deleted when it was relevant. What was said about RS and JB and crew is opinion and then facts presented... Why would anyone censor anything based on 6Manfootball in general and talk about fairness. Not JB and his rent-a-teams.
Sorry Granger, still dont get why you deleted my thread when there was plenty else to say. Were you pressured? Idk... just trying to figure it out. Message me or not, I would just like answers.
#1st Amendment

Holloway":1aso8hcm said:
You do realize that this is Granger’s site, right?! You’re in his house.
Yessir I do. That isnt the problem though. There has been some things said, way worse than I have.. especially my last thread. I agree, he has the rights to remove a thread but there really wasnt anything bad said on that, compared to others. If he wants to censor threads that are controversial, so be it. Just make it fair, and take down the others, including the political ones) because if you're going to censor off of bias... then good ole granger may need to look a little harder. Ban more people, delete more threads. There ya go.

I wasn’t trying to offend. I apologize if I did. Just wanted to point out that Granger can do whatever he wants with our posts.

Holloway":15fr3x8d said:
I wasn’t trying to offend. I apologize if I did. Just wanted to point out that Granger can do whatever he wants with our posts.
Coach, you didnt offend me in anyway, no need to apologize. I have a lot of respect for you and what you do. I was just simply asking a question. You answered, no one else has. I agree with you but bias/censorship needs to stop imo. Especially in this country. I dont care if a bunch of RS people complained and threatened Granger with a lawsuit. Seems that's there only option nowadays. I get it, people are annoyed about RS. My point is to bring up whatbi know and what they are doing. How is that wrong? Why should my post be deleted after that. Surprised me!

Here's the deal. I have explained that to others. If you would like to send me an e-mail, please do.

I do not care for any school more than any other. There are posters from everywhere that drive me nuts.

The conversation always starts fine. Somebody posts something. Then it gets personal towards a coach. I expect it to flame out, but we start beating the same horse over and over and over.....

and then I start getting bombarded with e-mails and texts

at some point, an adult has to step in.

Is it really appropriate to post about someone's (maybe even alleged) drug use, past arrest, etc on here? Is it appropriate to dog players and coaches on here? The answer is no.

When you agree to join and post you agree to be edited when vulgar, abusive, threatening language is used. that's in the registration agreement.

I have to make a decision somewhere. I just get tired and the path of least resistance is deleting the posts. If the adults would step in and use some common sense, that wouldn't be necessary.

granger":yhqmh0w8 said:
Here's the deal. I have explained that to others. If you would like to send me an e-mail, please do.

I do not care for any school more than any other. There are posters from everywhere that drive me nuts.

The conversation always starts fine. Somebody posts something. Then it gets personal towards a coach. I expect it to flame out, but we start beating the same horse over and over and over.....

and then I start getting bombarded with e-mails and texts

at some point, an adult has to step in.

Is it really appropriate to post about someone's (maybe even alleged) drug use, past arrest, etc on here? Is it appropriate to dog players and coaches on here? The answer is no.

When you agree to join and post you agree to be edited when vulgar, abusive, threatening language is used. that's in the registration agreement.

I have to make a decision somewhere. I just get tired and the path of least resistance is deleting the posts. If the adults would step in and use some common sense, that wouldn't be necessary.

Very well said, thank you sir!

granger":2hiyjgg8 said:
GigemSooners":2hiyjgg8 said:
I dont care if a bunch of RS people complained and threatened Granger with a lawsuit.

That's very convenient for you. Not so much for me.

That's the greatest post ever!

granger":3vyc04dl said:
GigemSooners":3vyc04dl said:
I dont care if a bunch of RS people complained and threatened Granger with a lawsuit.

That's very convenient for you. Not so much for me.

Granger, I apologize to you and you only. I dont know what emails, threats,etc... have been sent to you (I assume certain people and a certain school would try to do that). Wasnt trying to cause you more of a headache.
Would you agree that there has been things said (way) worse on different threads about different coaches? That's my whole point. Is this a public forum or is it private? Being threatened through lawsuit and or any other things should not be ground rules to censor an opinion, even if facts are proven. Going by what you posted about the rules and individual posts... I think there should be a lot of cleaning up to do, if it comes to that. Just saying... going by what you said.

I miss the old Granger not the "forced" PC Granger.

I have deleted posts for over 20 years. I try to delete as little as possible. Heck, I used to get an e-mail every time something was posted on the very first message board just for that.

On the question of whether this is a public or private forum makes no sense and doesn't matter. People hide behind usernames... some multiple usernames (cough, cough). There has to be some sort of decorum and we've left that in recent years.

Now you speak of the old Granger v. the new PC Granger. You act pretty knowledgeable for someone who has only been a member since this year... cough, cough

Let's move on. There's enough angst in the world right now without us having to disparage people in the six-man community.

I don’t know if Granger would vote for Granger, but he dang well WON’T SUPPORT TRUMP !
Just saying, Granger, like Topher makes his political preferences clear on that.
I believe the higher percentage of folks that post on here seem to be Trump supporters so there is an
Obvious dichotomy with publisher and participants.
While I believe, based on some of Granger’s own posts, that he is certainly left of center,
I’ve yet to see him fall in the categories of CNBC, CNN , NYT, ETAL, AD NAUSEAM !

Having said that, I also believe that Granger does a pretty fair job of monitoring HIS SITE.
After all, as it’s already been said, it is his site.
No offense intended to anyone, just saying...........

Back