Balmorhea

What do we think of balmorhea this year? I believe they are good but they aren't like last year good and believe they will run into motley co again and this year motley will take them

I just think with a heavy loaded sr team in motley co and them boys playing as sophomore at state with losing to a good RS team they are ready to go back. I think Jake Richard's is just getting ready. The kid I believe is already over 1500 yards in just 6 games
I’ve seen that kid with my own eyes 3 times and he amazes all over again each time.

I just think with a heavy loaded sr team in motley co and them boys playing as sophomore at state with losing to a good RS team they are ready to go back. I think Jake Richard's is just getting ready. The kid I believe is already over 1500 yards in just 6 games
My only issue with Motley county is that the team offense pretty much resolves around Jake Richard's talent. If Jake gets dinged up or their running scheme gets blown up by a decent defense what then? Strawn has multiple running backs and spread backs. If Strawn pulls someone off the offense someone experienced is ready to step in. Not saying Strawn is better but probably more versatile and more battle tested. Defense is another question entirely. Water Valley in D1 is the best defense I have seen this year. Strawn doesn't have a shut down defense but neither does Motley county.

My only issue with Motley county is that the team offense pretty much resolves around Jake Richard's talent. If Jake gets dinged up or their running scheme gets blown up by a decent defense what then? Strawn has multiple running backs and spread backs. If Strawn pulls someone off the offense someone experienced is ready to step in. Not saying Strawn is better but probably more versatile and more battle tested. Defense is another question entirely. Water Valley in D1 is the best defense I have seen this year. Strawn doesn't have a shut down defense but neither does Motley county.
You must be looking in the wrong place vs spur they 🔑 on jake and what did motley do. Just thrown for over 266 n 5 TDs in the air. And you are forgetting kason degan he is a great weapon at the back with Richard's. Plus kason degan is averageing 17 tackles a game. Sims #13 has 5 ints. Our Qb has like 800 in the air with 15 TDs and no picks. Motley co has literally only allowing 80 total. Motley co has used 4 to 5 backs besides Jake Richard's. So go ahead and stop the run bc we will just pass it which Strawn can't stop the pass.

You must be looking in the wrong place vs spur they 🔑 on jake and what did motley do. Just thrown for over 266 n 5 TDs in the air. And you are forgetting kason degan he is a great weapon at the back with Richard's. Plus kason degan is averageing 17 tackles a game. Sims #13 has 5 ints. Our Qb has like 800 in the air with 15 TDs and no picks. Motley co has literally only allowing 80 total. Motley co has used 4 to 5 backs besides Jake Richard's. So go ahead and stop the run bc we will just pass it which Strawn can't stop the pass.
Motley has beaten Westbrook and who else? Most of those statistics you are mentioning are against non competitive teams. I'm sure Motley would play well against SJMCS and Fort Worth Covenant Classical but until they saw what they were up against it would be a long, tough game. Both of those private schools have a lot of speed and very well developed passing attacks. If either school develops a dependable running game they will be unbeatable by 99% of the current UIL teams, including Strawn and Motley. Strawn outscored both schools but a few turnovers here and there could have changed the outcome. Fort Worth Covenant Classical would lay 80 points on Motley easily. It's all about the level of competition a school plays and Motley hasn't played a high level team except Westbrook. At any rate I'm a fan of Motley County and look forward to their march through the playoffs.

Motley has beaten Westbrook and who else? Most of those statistics you are mentioning are against non competitive teams. I'm sure Motley would play well against SJMCS and Fort Worth Covenant Classical but until they saw what they were up against it would be a long, tough game. Both of those private schools have a lot of speed and very well developed passing attacks. If either school develops a dependable running game they will be unbeatable by 99% of the current UIL teams, including Strawn and Motley. Strawn outscored both schools but a few turnovers here and there could have changed the outcome. Fort Worth Covenant Classical would lay 80 points on Motley easily. It's all about the level of competition a school plays and Motley hasn't played a high level team except Westbrook. At any rate I'm a fan of Motley County and look forward to their march through the playoffs.
not picking sides but motley county beat a healthy westbrook team by 16, strawn beat an unhealthy westbrook team by 16. at the end of the day I think both teams stay healthy and we will see who's best come december! this type of game at state is why I'm a fan, it's going to be a great matchup if everyone stays healthy! watched both teams play and both can run both can pass, my opinion is motley county has the slightest edge on defense. just an opinion, not looking to be railroaded! looking forward to this one!

not picking sides but motley county beat a healthy westbrook team by 16, strawn beat an unhealthy westbrook team by 16. at the end of the day I think both teams stay healthy and we will see who's best come december! this type of game at state is why I'm a fan, it's going to be a great matchup if everyone stays healthy! watched both teams play and both can run both can pass, my opinion is motley county has the slightest edge on defense. just an opinion, not looking to be railroaded! looking forward to this one!
I have seen both teams play I Watch strawn play whitedeer who is way down this year. I hope we get a motley co vs Strawn state championship at att stadium in December. I believe motley will win with the game being in the 40s

Yess number #20 was hurt from Westbrook but who else? Does one player make up 16 points?

Well yeah I mean I look at it this way one player can score two TDs and he is one of their best besides #4. But we will never know since the game is came n gone.
I think it’s pretty common sense to know that Strawn is a better team than Motley Co. Motley Co, is a one dimensional team, that rides on one players back. Strawn has a handful of Kids that can run the ball, they’re not a lockdown defensive team but that late in the season they’ll have a lot more figured out and the kids will be more in shape than any other kids in the state. Strawn by atleast 20 in the state game.

I think it’s pretty common sense to know that Strawn is a better team than Motley Co. Motley Co, is a one dimensional team, that rides on one players back. Strawn has a handful of Kids that can run the ball, they’re not a lockdown defensive team but that late in the season they’ll have a lot more figured out and the kids will be more in shape than any other kids in the state. Strawn by atleast 20 in the state game.
I watched motley county a few times this yr and I'm not sure where people are getting this one dimensional, one players back stuff. not taking anything away from Richards but they had several different backs putting up stats. #12 has one hell of an arm, I believe he's a sophomore. Richard's is good but from what I witnessed he definitely is not carrying anybody, that whole team looks like a well oiled machine. I think its illogical to make the assumption one player is carrying around a team of this caliber.

I watched motley county a few times this yr and I'm not sure where people are getting this one dimensional, one players back stuff. not taking anything away from Richards but they had several different backs putting up stats. #12 has one hell of an arm, I believe he's a sophomore. Richard's is good but from what I witnessed he definitely is not carrying anybody, that whole team looks like a well oiled machine. I think its illogical to make the assumption one player is carrying around a team of this caliber.
Ik motley co has a lot of players coming in running the ball n scoring TDs. #12 has a great arm and he places the ball in the right place. He also can run when they are in two gun or throw it so that makes him dangerous. #15 average about 17 tackles game. #24 #8 and #5 are hell of blockers. I seen #24 pancake alot of defense of players. So to say motley co only has one player carrying the time is wrong. #12 in only one game had 5th passing TDs with 266 yards

Last edited by a moderator:
Well of course everyone is scoring I mean with that schedule you’d be dumb to just give the stud the ball. Why beat him up on these mediocre teams. One dimensional is what you’re going to see when they actually play a high caliber team, and he’s the only one that’s gonna be able to do anything. I’ve been hearing this hype since they played Richland in the state game, and all they had to do was key on Richards and the game was over 62-16.

Back