Are they playing? 2019 version

granger

Six-man expert
Founder
Schools with games on the schedule but unsure whether they will play.

Guthrie -- now has a full schedule. looks like they will play
Damon -- ???
Harrold -- ???
Wildorado -- ???
Clear Lake Christian -- ??? (but I think not)
Marshall Christian Academy -- ???
Mineral Wells Community Christian -- I need to add them. I think they are playing

I am sure there are others

Can’t confirm 100%, but I believe Wildorado will play this year. I know of a few teams that have them on their schedule

6manfamily":2egmq64x said:
Baird_Bears":2egmq64x said:

Lohn can’t play. From what I hear they have two kids sneaking into eligibility at Rochelle leaving them without enough to field a team.

Lohn may be able to get a couple of transfers from Brady in a few days and at least field a JV team. They have a full schedule depending on them.
And, my two cents worth, from now on if they think there is a chance that they won't be able to field a team, they need to drop out of District play to keep all on their schedule from having to scramble to find replacement games.

When I left Lohn in the June they had 9. So they enough kids. Since then 3 or 4 left. So they had enough to play a varsity schedule. We all know that you never can tell what is going to happen in the summer.

coachj25":30zi3hyq said:
When I left Lohn in the June they had 9. So they enough kids. Since then 3 or 4 left. So they had enough to play a varsity schedule. We all know that you never can tell what is going to happen in the summer.

Are Those boys that are playing for Rochelle but should be ineligible any good coach? I mean are they going to make such a difference that the risk of breaking the rules is worth it? Just curious

They will have to sit out a year unless they live in Rochelle's district, which I doubt since most students from both Lohn and Rochelle live in Brady. They are probably playing the long game; Lohn hasn't been remotely relevant since 2007.

It's really sad because Lohn is a great little community that did a lot for me personally, but the school is fighting a uphill battle with so many school districts around Lohn from every direction like Brady, Rochelle, Santa Anna, Panther Creek, Paint Rock, Eden, and several others.

6manfamily":28ta8opm said:
coachj25":28ta8opm said:

Are Those boys that are playing for Rochelle but should be ineligible any good coach? I mean are they going to make such a difference that the risk of breaking the rules is worth it? Just curious

6manfam, I will guess that you are totally unfamiliar with either or both of the teams at Lohn and Rochelle during the 2018 season. You could combine both teams and even add another couple of transfers from the county seat, and still not have a district contender.
I think that you can stop worrying yourself over a couple of transfers.

Johnny South":3i7qj9w2 said:
6manfamily":3i7qj9w2 said:
coachj25":3i7qj9w2 said:

6manfam, I will guess that you are totally unfamiliar with either or both of the teams at Lohn and Rochelle during the 2018 season. You could combine both teams and even add another couple of transfers from the county seat, and still not have a district contender.
I think that you can stop worrying yourself over a couple of transfers.

Not worried and didn’t not think either could contend, just hate cheater especially when it’s teaching kids to do it that’s all. No doubt RS is king of the hill in that district

Don't forget about the Indians from the southern part of the county! Those home boys don't have to wait at all to become eligible to play! And the locals are always a scrappy bunch. As a matter of fact, a Cherokee local is the only player currently playing college ball from the entire county that I know of.

Johnny South":3k5la0qu said:
Don't forget about the Indians from the southern part of the county! Those home boys don't have to wait at all to become eligible to play! And the locals are always a scrappy bunch. As a matter of fact, a Cherokee local is the only player currently playing college ball from the entire county that I know of.
Not quite the only one. The armadillos also have one player at UMHB and their QB just committed to Tulsa.........

You know I'm just a stupid West Texas Boy. During the 2018 season Lohn had 7 kids that worked their butts off. Since one of those kids was a transfer we played with 6. One of those 6 was a young lady who played with a lot of heart despite having people make fun of her. Lohn put up 20 points against Cherokee. Yes we got beat. So to listen to some of you experts talk. I must be a complete idiot. Oh by the way Lohn was runner up to Strawn at the 1A powerlifting championships on the boys side. The two Girls both won their weight classes and the 97lb was also the best overall lifter in the light weight division. Lohn Jr high team gave Richland Springs all they could handle and Lohn started Two 6 graders on both sides of the ball. If you combined both Lohn and Rochelle you would have a contender. I understand now why young people have such a negative look on life. Keep the good work fellas. I bet your mothers would be proud

coachj25":1nw6ccrf said:
You know I'm just a stupid West Texas Boy. During the 2018 season Lohn had 7 kids that worked their butts off. Since one of those kids was a transfer we played with 6. One of those 6 was a young lady who played with a lot of heart despite having people make fun of her. Lohn put up 20 points against Cherokee. Yes we got beat. So to listen to some of you experts talk. I must be a complete idiot. Oh by the way Lohn was runner up to Strawn at the 1A powerlifting championships on the boys side. The two Girls both won their weight classes and the 97lb was also the best overall lifter in the light weight division. Lohn Jr high team gave Richland Springs all they could handle and Lohn started Two 6 graders on both sides of the ball. If you combined both Lohn and Rochelle you would have a contender. I understand now why young people have such a negative look on life. Keep the good work fellas. I bet your mothers would be proud

Sorry I stepped on your feelings there coach26. Actually most of my posts belong over there on the thread that Goob started called, "Yew Must Be Funnin' ". Try not to take any of this too seriously.

Johnny South":2o34qdke said:

Did Cherokee ever win a district basketball game? They went winless for like 10 years.

coachj25":1qeaa6lt said:

Lohn played with a lot of heart and the jr high had pretty good talent too, one of those is back at Rochelle now with his older Brother the Sr. I think if lohn still had them two plus the other hr high kid that moved up and the kids that played last year they are on a level playing field with Rochelle and Panther creek, and maybe Cherokee. That means they had a chance at advancing if the rules put in place to keep kids from moving for whatever to wherever and being eligible were not being bent bye Rochelle. That’s why I hate cheaters it teaches kids to be selfish and do whatever it takes to have ur way. None of it will swing the sports needle because Richland Springs is in a class of its own and will continue to be. So it’s just bad leadership and teaching young naive minds. Hope the Eagles find a way (legally of course) to field a team, mainly for the young hard working kids they still have

Back