Are there any surprises?

Red Baron

11-man fan
I know there is still alot of football left to play, but after a couple of weeks of district games, has anyone seen or heard of a surprise team or teams that might challenge the big boys of division II? Any (Boise State's, TCU's,etc...) to challenge the (Oklahoma's, Alabama's, Ohio State's) aka: Brenham, Tyler Street...

I have a question, everyone includes Tyler Street into the top teams of Division 2. I haven't heard any kind of detail about them, I just see them included in a lot of discussions. I haven't had the opportunity to see them play, so if someone could please give me some sort of idea about this team.

Back to the Topic, Brenham will not be upset on any normal terms. It's going to take some out-side forces to take them guys off the top... Brenham is the top dog, and there is a big gap between them and the next team. I don't see an upset here.

I think the rest of the field is pretty level from what I've seen so far, that is until I know more about Seguin and Tyler Street.

Okay. I'll make some calls tomorrow and we'll all just save ourselves a lot of time, trouble and heartbreaks and get TAPPS to award Brenham Christian the title now.

I think I can talk Edd, Bryan and the TAPPS Board into it.

Since they went undefeated through the season last year and won the title, it's a given they'll do it again.

Woah! Wait a minute. Maybe somebody can remind me ... didn't some other school win the D2 title last year?

Hey, it could happen again.

In the words of Gilda Ratner, playing Emily Latella on SNL (when SNL was good): "Never Mind."

lifegatesports":3bdbxmky said:
Okay. I'll make some calls tomorrow and we'll all just save ourselves a lot of time, trouble and heartbreaks and get TAPPS to award Brenham Christian the title now.

Since they went undefeated through the season last year and won the title, it's a given they'll do it again.

Woah! Wait a minute. Maybe somebody can remind me ... didn't some other school win the D2 title last year?

Hey, it could happen again.

In the words of Gilda Ratner, playing Emily Latella on SNL (when SNL was good): "Never Mind."

So do tell -- how does this years Lifegate team stack up compared to teams of the past - it 'feels' like this is one of the best ever for you guys ... i agree with you .. there is a reason they play the games on the field.

Good luck with the rest of the year!

BigPapi":3rneaukv said:
So do tell -- how does this years Lifegate team stack up compared to teams of the past - it 'feels' like this is one of the best ever for you guys ... i agree with you .. there is a reason they play the games on the field.

Good luck with the rest of the year!

I would say it is probably the best team we have had in our 8 years of play. Wish we were a little deeper and had a better kicking game, but I think they can compete with Brenham (we didn't do too badly last year). Brenham may be up a notch from last year.

But I think this is our year as we lose five seniors, three starters, and two that are game changers.

lifegatesports":249j54e7 said:

Can you really do that?

Box Dad":3gfkslkt said:
lifegatesports":3gfkslkt said:

Can you really do that?

I have friends in high places. And pictures of them in other places.

I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying it's going to take a whole lot to beat these guys... They lost last year and they want it bad this year. They have 6 or 7 seniors if I'm not mistaken who start offense and defense, these guys do not over-look a team, they come to play. It's still not the end of the road yet, people could become injured and other teams can acquire the mentality and heart it's going to take to play these guys... This is just my opinion, I'm sure other people who have seen them play can agree. But, rolling over isn't the way to go, I'd see it as a challenge and it would make it that much better to play them in the end.

Back