Anyone out there in Division 1???

SicEm74

Six-man fan
Wow, not much love in Division 1.

Watauga, where you at?

Emory, where you at?

I even remember seeing a Red Oak poster here, how you doing?

Looking at records (and Emory being the only D1 school I've watched a live game ) it seems Emory will repeat. It's a shame they are lacking a competitive division as such last year
Not having Baytown and Pasadena First Baptist is making the road easier for them.

RocketMan4":1m2u3w36 said:
Anyone know if Emery has lost any real contributors to graduation? Or with who they have now should they have a cakewalk??

Easily they ate having a cakewalk this year. They lost their power game. They have smaller guys that suit their spread but they lack muscle.

This team would have finished 4th at best behind Logos at 3rd.

SicEm74":1jrek878 said:
RocketMan4":1jrek878 said:
Anyone know if Emery has lost any real contributors to graduation? Or with who they have now should they have a cakewalk??

Easily they ate having a cakewalk this year. They lost their power game. They have smaller guys that suit their spread but they lack muscle.

So how do you see it finishing up this year in D1?

Emery did not 45 Veritas this year, so I am not sure why you think they 45 everyone all the way through the Championship.

RocketMan4":22f5ezr2 said:
SicEm74":22f5ezr2 said:
RocketMan4":22f5ezr2 said:

So how do you see it finishing up this year in D1?

I'm hearing some positive thIngs about Rockwall Heritage. They have a power football team. Call me old fashion but I give a nod to power teams. And being Emory lost some of their beef players.....

I have heard that Rockwall has a power running game with the ability to throw the long ball. The combination could be deadly if they can get their defense fired up.

Defense is always suspect....
emery would more than likely beat them.
It just takes 1-2 stops when both teams are offensive powerhouses.
The difference is who puts more work in on defense

Been waiting to post until I could see all of the contenders in person.

Rockwall should be the favorite going in due to their speed and defense. That Richland game was closer than the score indicates. Rockwall went toe to toe with RS for the 1st qt. Add this to the amazing gift of a bracket that was given to them by Tapps and they will be very rested come state game.

Emery should be the favorite coming out of the gauntlet of a bracket in the south (north only has 2 district champs in it, one of those districts being the weakest by far, AND Tapps gives those 2 districts bye games too). Emery is a machine on offense and very well coached on defense. They lack top level speed however which may get them in trouble in playoffs.

Veritas will be the main contender vs Emery to get out of the south bracket. Unfortunately these 2 teams will face off in the quarters. I saw Veritas early in the season and then again a few weeks ago and they look like a different team. Very fast and playing much smarter defensively.

Waco Vanguard will face off against the winner of Emery/Veritas for a chance at state. Vanguard has the speed but appear to lack the depth necessary to play solid defense for 4 qts. Their game with Emery was closer than the score appears, if the ball bounces their way and they find a way to get some stops, Vanguard could be a surprise upset especially against a Veritas/Emery team that will be coming out of a tough quarters matchup.

My prediction is Rockwall and Veritas in the state game. Both teams have elite speed, quality depth, and balanced offense/defense.

Back