Spreadback 1) Cayden Mann SR Mclean

Utility Back 1) Hunter Williams SO Leakey

Kicker 1) Camden Edwards JR Borden County

Special Teams Player 1) Devin Williams SR Zephyr

1st Team
DEFENSE

Defensive M.V.P. 1) Chism Henderson SR Mclean

Noseguard 1) Ricky Pendleton JR Milford

Defensive Linemen 1) Corbin Schrotke SR Milford 2) Jacob Watson SO Mclean 3) Taylor Pannell SR Leakey

Linebackers 1) Cesar Chavez SR Garden City 2) Marcos Mendoza SR Balmorhea

Cornerbacks 1) Daniel Salinas SR May 2) Kason Vigil SR White Deer

Safeties 1) Hagan Halfmann SR Garden City 2) Justice Fischer SR Gorman

Utility Player 1) Dalton Abshire JR Mclean

Punter 1) Jeremiah Marwitz SR Evant

2nd Team
OFFENSE

Tight Ends 1) Riley Griffith SR Union Hill 2) Quinton Mullan JR Sterling City

Wide Receivers 1) Mason Mooney SO White Deer 2) Colby Clinkscales SO Blum

Center 1) Raul Almazan SR Garden City

Spread Center 1) Braxxton Kirkland FR Rankin

Quarterback 1) Trae Jost SR Garden City

Running Backs 1) Anthony Coy JR Ira 2) Jordan Brown SR Coolidge

Full Back 1) Trace Lackey SR Leakey

Spreadback 1) Jackson Hisel SR Ropes

Utility Back 1) Wyatt Sisco JR Sterling City 2) Rowdy Bradley JR Aspermont

Kicker 1) Jackson Rainer JR Mclean

Special Teams Player 1) Payton Merket SR Borden County

DEFENSE

Noseguard 1) Cesar Montelongo JR Gorman

Defensive Linemen 1) Zane Allen SR Borden County 2) Blain Garza JR Blum 3) Aaron Mendoza JR Balmorhea

Linebackers 1) Hunter Wall SR Nueces Canyon 2) Nathaniel Van Dijk JR Nazareth

Cornerbacks 1) JW Nix SR Borden County 2) Anthony Lopez SR Jonesboro

Safeties 1) Zack Winder SR Aquilla 2) Calen Fouts SR Rankin

Utility Player 1) Hunter McMillian JR Garden City

Punter 1) Jonny Stone SR Savoy

Honorable Mentions:
Offense

Tight End

Coltin Gonzales Jr. Blum

Karson Valentine Jr Ira

JT Warren SR Gorman

Trever Sellers SR Jonesboro

Wide Receiver

Pake Partington JR Ropes

Ethan Saucedo SR Eden

Jayton Warren SR Robert Lee

Center

Luke Batts Jr Union Hill

Jordan Short Jr Nueces Canyon

Spread Center

Daniel Mendoza SR Robert Lee

Quarterback

Nathan Goodwin Jr. Ira

Hunter Rogers So. Eden

Running Back

Junior Madera JR Gorman

Victor Contreas JR Nueces Canyon

Fullback

Spreadback

JB Brice JR Newcastle

Ethan Hightower SO Evant

Utility Back

Jacob Felan Sr Aquilla

Kicker

Harley Martindale Jr Blum

Roy Schexnieder Sr Nueces Canyon

Special Teams Player

Steven Howard Jr Paducah

Defense

NG

Defensive Line

Desmond Flemons SR Paducah

Drake Damron JR White Deer

Daniel Mendoza SR Robert Lee

Linebacker

Jake Popowski JR Savoy

Bryce Petree SR Gorman

Cornerback

Jack Morshead JR Leakey

Safety

Brantley Murray JR Union Hill

Hunter Warminski SO White Deer

Utility Player

Omar Aquillon SR Union Hill

Punter

Zerick Lee SR Klondike

Gabriel Daniel SR Rotan

Man, 10 interceptions on the year and scoring 3 tds in the state game against McLean and doesn’t even get an honorable mention?

obagain":quucjfy8 said:
Man, 10 interceptions on the year and scoring 3 tds in the state game against McLean and doesn’t even get an honorable mention?
So do you want offense or defense? And they pick from the all region 1st teams , so ifwhoever you’re talking about wasn’t on there they won’t be all state

Damyan Woodward is definitely the best Receiver in class 1A. He may be the best safety too, he missed 4 games and caught 10 Ints...
This is the 2nd year in a row milford has gotten screwed in All State votes

MilfordInsider":nrha4aia said:
Damyan Woodward is definitely the best Receiver in class 1A. He may be the best safety too, he missed 4 games and caught 10 Ints...

Using only the state championship game as a measurement he would be a candidate as a WR and not a DB. In that game he was a very soft in tackling and was a primary reason McLean pulled off some big runs. Go back and watch the game film you'll see numerous times he could have made the tackle if he would have wrapped up rather than try and throw a shoulder at the runner and miss on most occasions. A glancing shoulder isn't going to bring the bigger runners of McLean down. Again, this is using this one game as the measurement only. I'm certain he was effective as a DB in many other Milford games but, just like most other season awards, the award and honor is not won or lost from one game. It's an accumulation of the entire season. I guarantee you Crockett did not win his Player of the Year award only because of his performance in the state championship game. I suspect missing the 4 regular season games (40% of the schedule) prevented him from being considered.

I understand where you are coming from. Here’s my take, the kids first game was vs Strawn and he had close to 100 yards receiving, against coolidge he had over 100 yards and 2 TDs, then against Union Hill he caught 4 INTs. Then in the state game he had 3 TDs with 131 yards Rec. This kid missed 40% of the regular season and still finished the season with 10 interceptions. The kid had an amazing season, and is definitely the best receiver in class 1A and can make a very strong case for the best safety also. Jmo

Milford Insider, you can’t keep quite and you and Obagain need to let it be known where you get your info. End of Regular Season Stats, in nine games this kid had “four” interceptions. In nine games. He is not listed for receptions or anything else I saw. Hope I didn’t miss anything. There were six that had more than four and eleven that had at least four interceptions. You two guys have tunnel vision so bad that you probably wouldn’t know anyone except Milford if the other school fell on top of you. I saw about 25 six-man games this year and Milford is not the only team in the state. You two need to meet every day at the local coffee shop and vent your frustrations to each other. Please stay out of the bars, you might think you can whip someone and get hurt. Obagain, I did comment on the thoughts that you asked me to. '

obagain":wt2vq35y said:

Always excuses. Always the victim just remember that mentality becomes the Norm!!!! Pass on something better to those boys than poor Me!!

Excuses? Watch the state game, on the 52 yard td that was a 5 yard pass and both the Crockett and the defensive mvp had an angle on him but neither touched him, he flat out ran them.
He had 4 int in 6 games in the regular season and 6 in the playoffs.
Name another kid who had 4 int in a playoff game.
That’s ok though, I will look for all those McLean kids at the state track meet in Austin, I guarantee Damyan will be there for the third year in a row.

obagain":1tcfg1na said:
Excuses? Watch the state game, on the 52 yard td that was a 5 yard pass and both the Crockett and the defensive mvp had an angle on him but neither touched him, he flat out ran them.
He had 4 int in 6 games in the regular season and 6 in the playoffs.
Name another kid who had 4 int in a playoff game.
That’s ok though, I will look for all those McLean kids at the state track meet in Austin, I guarantee Damyan will be there for the third year in a row.

Maybe McLean will let him hold their ring?

Me tunnel vision? No sir. I watched a ton of sixman games this year and the majority of them weren’t Milford games. I’ve seen Balmorhea, Garden City, Strawn, Oakwood, Iredell, Calvert, Follett, Borden County, all play this year alone.
Seriously Damyan Woodward is one of the best athletes in the state, and I think the fastest football player I seen this season. Definite 1st Team All State Wr and at least HM all state Safety.

I thought Taron was the fastest and best. My understanding, may be wrong, is you have to make all regional before you can make all state. You need to get after the all regional bunch. Your player made 2nd team defense I think it was. Not first team on either one and 2nd team on only one. Maybe Ben Crockett will let him take a picture of the ring and autograph the picture for him sometimes. Football is over and Basketball is here. Hope Milford is in better shape and more disciplined in Basketball. Milford Insider and Obagain need to get out in the real world and quit watching games on hudl. If I remember right, McLean and Strawn Torched Milford.

MilfordInsider":3apg1wtr said:
I understand where you are coming from. Here’s my take, the kids first game was vs Strawn and he had close to 100 yards receiving, against coolidge he had over 100 yards and 2 TDs, then against Union Hill he caught 4 INTs. Then in the state game he had 3 TDs with 131 yards Rec. This kid missed 40% of the regular season and still finished the season with 10 interceptions. The kid had an amazing season, and is definitely the best receiver in class 1A and can make a very strong case for the best safety also. Jmo

Interesting. Coach Mallory was at the state game. Talked to him for the first time in 3-4 years, really good to see you Shane if you happen to read this. He mentioned it being hard to win with the turnovers they had that game.

Strawn and McLean torched Milford? Strawn won by 1 score in a game that could have gone either way. Milford gave McLean their best game of the year and even tied it up in third quater, everyone in this board except for Milford folk and Leman had Milford getting 45ed by half...

And your correct, Union Hill lost because of turnovers. Milford caught 7 Interceptions and forced a fumble. Union Hill lost cause Milford’s defense made them make mistakes

Once again, I’ve watched ALL of the top level teams in the state this year live and in person. East and West Texas teams.

MilfordInsider":3i96o61s said:
Strawn and McLean torched Milford? Strawn won by 1 score in a game that could have gone either way. Milford gave McLean their best game of the year and even tied it up in third quater, everyone in this board except for Milford folk and Leman had Milford getting 45ed by half...

And your correct, Union Hill lost because of turnovers. Milford caught 7 Interceptions and forced a fumble. Union Hill lost cause Milford’s defense made them make mistakes

Once again, I’ve watched ALL of the top level teams in the state this year live and in person. East and West Texas teams.

So do they give a trophy for tying up a game in the 3rd and losing by 30??

MilfordInsider":n06d91uu said:

Maybe you should have been hyping up some of the other players instead of just focusing on one player. All everyone knows about is Tyrone. All the other players were referred to as "athletes".

Back