Area Playoff Game--Rankin Vs Sterling City

Moderators: freeagent, mjda76384, granger

Area Playoff Game--Rankin Vs Sterling City

Postby Wyatt-Riot » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:31 pm

This is a big one---in my opinion, two of the best teams in the state

#5 Rankin Red Devils (Home) vs #1 Sterling City Eagles (Visitors)
Reagan County High School in Big Lake
Friday, November 20th at 6:30 pm

Admission: $5 Adults, $3 Students

Masks are mandatory for all spectators. There should be plenty of space for a large crowd--tickets will not be presold.

Any predictions? Should be a heck of a game.

Hope to broadcast this game live at: https://www.reddevilsportsnetwork.com/ (waiting on approval)
Wyatt-Riot
6-Man Fan

Re: Area Playoff Game--Rankin Vs Sterling City

Postby TexasTiger » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:12 pm

I am predicting SC over Rankin 56 to 34. Rankin will have to step up to take it away from SC.
TexasTiger
11-Man Fan

Postby Texas6Man » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:12 am

Rankin 64 SC 28

Rankin will finally be at 100% for the first time all year is what I’ve heard. That could be scary!
Texas6Man
11-Man Fan

Postby Red_Devil_DDS » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:22 am

Is Rankin healthy?
Red_Devil_DDS
Administrator of Pain

Postby TebowTime15 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:52 am

Rankin 100, Sterling City 99. I think this will be a good one and could easily go either way.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan

Postby Reddevil4life23 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:44 pm

Rankin is healthy and ready SC has their hands full in clearly the biggest game of the year in sixman football

Rankin 80-56 very similar to last years game teams are almost a mirror of each other a year later

Ben Rios should be back for this one and Deshon Goodley is the healthiest he has been all season

Red Devils win late over SC
Reddevil4life23
11-Man Fan

Postby kbjoe1 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:32 pm

I pick Rankin by10 however who makes the most of their extra points will ultimately win this week and next week against Westbrook who will play Borden County
kbjoe1
6-Man Fan

Postby Red_Devil_DDS » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:28 pm

Meanwhile BC is moon-walking into the semis.
Red_Devil_DDS
Administrator of Pain

Postby TebowTime15 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:01 pm

TebowTime15 wrote:Rankin 100, Sterling City 99. I think this will be a good one and could easily go either way.

That was a pretty good guess! Good season to Rankin & congrats to Sterling City! With Richland not looking great out east, I would pick the western team to win it all in D1!
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan

Postby sixmanfan2007 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:11 pm

Richland Springs is D2. Sterling City is in D1
May and Leakey look good in D1 East. After what Blum accomplished last year I will not count out the East.
sixmanfan2007
6-Man Fan

Postby TebowTime15 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:29 pm

Sorry I always get the D1 and D2 teams mixed up in the playoffs. My apologizes!

While a team should never count anyone out, I, as an observer, simply was not that impressed with McLean last year. That is nothing personal against anyone on that team, I listened to the podcast of McLean's stud with the Rule coach and he seemed like a fine young man, but that is what my eyes told me.

Despite the fact I would root for Coach Steele against the western team, I would not bet on Leakey or May winning it all. For what it is worth, though, I hope May destroys Leakey in the eastern finals.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan

Postby Longhorn85 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:34 am

Did anyone actually see the illegal block on Rankin .. late in the game that would have made it a 1 TD game and brought a TD back .. likely the nail in the coffin ? I watched the video and replays and only saw incidental contact
Longhorn85
6-Man Fan

Postby Texas6Man » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:31 am

Longhorn85 wrote:Did anyone actually see the illegal block on Rankin .. late it the game that would have made it a 1 TD game and brought a TD back .. likely the nail in the coffin ? I watched the video and replays and only saw incidental contact

As just a spectator with “no dog in the fight” I will say there were multiple questionable calls/ lack of calls. The one thing I hate for any team is to leave feeling like the officiating had an impact on the outcome. This game is one that definitely falls into that. It was an absolute battle but it officials had a major impact on the outcome.
Texas6Man
11-Man Fan

Postby pistol » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:09 pm

Texas6Man wrote:
Longhorn85 wrote:Did anyone actually see the illegal block on Rankin .. late it the game that would have made it a 1 TD game and brought a TD back .. likely the nail in the coffin ? I watched the video and replays and only saw incidental contact

As just a spectator with “no dog in the fight” I will say there were multiple questionable calls/ lack of calls. The one thing I hate for any team is to leave feeling like the officiating had an impact on the outcome. This game is one that definitely falls into that. It was an absolute battle but it officials had a major impact on the outcome.

as a rankin supporter I am not sure you can say with "no dog in the fight"-- I will say I hope that the replay of this game is available to watch.. sounds like it was a great one!
pistol
6-Man Fan

Postby Texas6Man » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:35 pm

pistol wrote:
Texas6Man wrote:

as a rankin supporter I am not sure you can say with "no dog in the fight"-- I will say I hope that the replay of this game is available to watch.. sounds like it was a great one!

Can very much say so. I support 6 man football period. The last few years Rankin has been ONE of the teams (along with SC, Borden, Balmorhea) I have kept very close track of as they are in my area and have an extremely talented team. It doesn’t matter to me who wins I love a good game. What I do not like to see is the officials playing a major part in how the game ends and that game last night they did just that. I’ll go as far as to say in over 30 years of watching 6 man it was one of the top 5 most memorable games that I’ve attended where officiating alone played a significant role in how it ended. There were HORRIBLE calls on both sides all night. I enjoy leaving a game and feeling like the players on the field decided the game & that game didn’t allow that. My opinion of course but want to be sure to clear up your statement thinking I have that opinion based on bias for a certain team.
Texas6Man
11-Man Fan

Next

Return to six-man football talk