RS vs Fort Worth Covenant Classical

Moderators: freeagent, mjda76384, granger

RS vs Fort Worth Covenant Classical

Postby Klaactu » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:35 pm

I watched Richland Springs vs Fort Worth Covenant Classical, a school with 395 students, grades k-12. I do not know how many are in 9-12, but I am sure there are a lot more students to choose from than numbers in Richland Springs. Also, having taught in two Private Schools in the Metroplex, I am aware of the recruiting that goes on, much less the various interpretations of No Pass / No Play since private schools are not bound to UIL guidelines unless it is a school like St. Marks. I was very impressed and happy with the 61 to 16 outcome, but there are areas that RS will have to improve on to win state again.
Klaactu
6-Man Fan

Re: RS vs Fort Worth Covenant Classical

Postby midcities 6-man fan » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:54 pm

In response to your statements, I don't know Richland Springs enrollment. But Covenant has 30 boys from 9-12of which 18 play football. Of those 18, 10 are Freshman. As far as recruiting if you knew anything about Classical education you would know it is nearly impossible for an HS student to transfer in due to the Latin and Greek requirements the have to have. Of Covenant's 18 players all but one has been in the school since elementary and the other since JH.
In addition, this was Covenant's first game of the season since TAPPS delayed the Start of the year to 9/25 and they had only been allowed in pads on 9/14.
So, you may be pleased with the results but I feel Covenant acquitted themselves quite well.
midcities 6-man fan
11-Man Fan

Postby djb0412 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:58 am

midcities 6-man fan wrote:In response to your statements, I don't know Richland Springs enrollment. But Covenant has 30 boys from 9-12of which 18 play football. Of those 18, 10 are Freshman. As far as recruiting if you knew anything about Classical education you would know it is nearly impossible for an HS student to transfer in due to the Latin and Greek requirements the have to have. Of Covenant's 18 players all but one has been in the school since elementary and the other since JH.
In addition, this was Covenant's first game of the season since TAPPS delayed the Start of the year to 9/25 and they had only been allowed in pads on 9/14.
So, you may be pleased with the results but I feel Covenant acquitted themselves quite well.

Very good response to a ridiculous post.
djb0412
6-Man Fan

Postby Wildcat_pride » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:08 pm

Everyone here knows RS is notorious for recruiting. Hence the reason a small ghost town with a handful of kids have won multiple ships. When you hand pick your players, chances are you’re gonna be good!
Wildcat_pride
11-Man Fan

Postby Murdoch » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:07 am

Oh brother! Here we go again!! S.S.D.D.
Murdoch
6-Man Fan

Postby Johnny South » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:18 am

Wildcat_pride wrote:When you hand pick your players, chances are you’re gonna be good!

Ha ha!! Hand picked right out of Mr. Dennis's Ag class! And off the champion Rodeo team!
When you are used to mugging broncs and steers, and sacking wild boars, it ain't nothing to mug a running back! Lol
Johnny South
6-Man Fan

Postby granger » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:42 am

I believe I read the book, "Mugging Broncs and Sacking Wild Boars: A brief history of San Saba County" a few years back
granger
Guru

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby 51eleven » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:53 am

granger wrote:I believe I read the book, "Mugging Broncs and Sacking Wild Boars: A brief history of San Saba County" a few years back

Was it written by Smokey Joe with a forward by Goob?
51eleven
6-Man Fan

Postby TebowTime15 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:41 am

Speaking of old RS posters, whatever happened to Bill O'Reilly? Obviously I mean the poster not the news commentator.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:58 pm

granger wrote:I believe I read the book, "Mugging Broncs and Sacking Wild Boars: A brief history of San Saba County" a few years back

Actually the book was entitled “Mugging Boars & Sacking Broncs”, now available on Kindle Unlimited............
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan

Return to six-man football talk