Strawn and Gordon game thoughts?

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Strawn and Gordon game thoughts?

Postby All about the truth » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:57 pm

People think it’s getting back to the old days. My thoughts, Gordon has a schedule that strawn jv would dominate and strawn kept there tough schedule that I feel Gordon would be winless. Strawn wins big just because strawn has been put to the test and Gordon hasn’t. Would love to have a shirt that Gordon has made about wrecking the 3 Pete. Gordon people sell it u would make money on strawn accomplishment in the last three years
All about the truth
6-Man Fan

Re: Strawn and Gordon game thoughts?

Postby 51eleven » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:16 pm

Might mean the chance to meet RS in the semi. Or the possibility of a rematch prior to that.
Look at the brackets, the teams, their rankings and records.

Might be worth the drive tomorrow evening if my back will cooperate.
If not I'll listen to that State Champion Cliff Thornton here:

https://www.microplexnews.com/liveaudio ... ootball-3/
51eleven
6-Man Fan

Postby Leman Saunders » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:57 am

I will be there!

Will be my third Gordon v Strawn game (2008 playoff game, 2016 game at Gordon...Strawn won both)

Gordon did beat Newcastle who is a solid team that is underrated imo...I have came to know good people in both towns...hate picking but...

Give me Strawn

PS Bobbie Brown (Texas 1a Fan fame) and I will attempt to eat at Mary's about 4ish...win win!
Leman Saunders
6-Man Fan

Postby Everyone Knows More » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:36 am

Who would have thought that this atmosphere would be back this soon for this rivalry? Two years and Reed has done it! The culture is built at Strawn, the Culture is being built at Gordon. Upper hand Strawn. Gordon has nothing to lose but pride between the rivalry. Strawn has everything to lose. Huge win for Gordon and upset if they win. Only pride for Strawn between the two rivalries if they win. Strawn is the heavy favorite.
But like the direction Gordon is headed. Much better program being built at Gordon, Texas. Best of luck to both schools. Great job to the Coaches at both schools for being able to get kids to elevate their game so spectators of the game of Sixman football have something to get excited about. Two great programs and Icons for The Game of Six Man Football
Everyone Knows More
11-Man Fan

Postby justlookin' » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:13 pm

I think this may be a repeat of the year when they played twice, once in the regular season and once in the playoffs with each team winning one. The playoff bracket looks navigable for both to meet again.
justlookin'
11-Man Fan

Postby All about the truth » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:49 pm

The way the bracket looks Strawn and Gordon will have a rematch game in the quarterfinals. This game is for bragging rights and a district title. Hope it’s a good one not like the ones I have watch in the last two years.
All about the truth
6-Man Fan

Postby TebowTime15 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:47 pm

Wow! 27 to 26 is a weird score!
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan

Postby 51eleven » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:22 am

TebowTime15 wrote:Wow! 27 to 26 is a weird score!

Yeah, Coach Reed pulled a bit of a trick play after their last TD. Lined up for a xp kick then hiked to the kicker who passed to a wide open guy over the middle. Gambled on one and won.
Strawn scored to match them then missed the xp kick to win. But let's not blame the kicker. Without JW's two TD's they wouldn't have been in that position in the first place.
Strawn had an opportunity to go up by two scores at one point. Both teams missed opportunities to score more. Good game, some Hard hits on both sides. Multiple fumbles by both teams if I remember right, maybe it was not being used to the cold, I know I got that way and thought I'd dressed pretty warm. But I was sitting still. It was weird seeing Meagan Hogkins working the Gordon concession stand. I know she married one of those Gordon Kosthia's, but she was a Strawn cheerleader.
As I said on another thread previously they may well meet again in the playoff's.
Hat's off to the Horn's, and Coach Cervantes D or it might not have been that close.
51eleven
6-Man Fan

Postby Goober » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:49 am

I hear Maegan and that Khostia boy have a stud son coming up
Goober
11-Man Fan

Postby Edward Golden » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:59 am

6th grader but going to be good. Reed has a son in that class also along with about 10 other boys that play everything. Excellent group. Lyle Campbell has a son in the 5th grade also.
Edward Golden
6-Man Fan

Postby 51eleven » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:13 pm

Sounds like the future looks bright for the Horns down the road.
I figure there's a decent chance the Hounds and Horns meet again in the quarter final in three weeks on Thanksgiving weekend if I'm looking at the calendar right. Wonder if it might be in Mineral Wells like the playoff game in 08?
Strawn better figure out a way to stop Hoss on those sweeps if it happens.
The winner likely gets RS in the semi.
51eleven
6-Man Fan

Postby One _pac2018 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:55 am

Dang what happen ?
One _pac2018
6-Man Fan

Return to six-man football talk