McLean v Balmoreah

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: McLean v Balmoreah

Postby chiggity14 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:07 am

Would love to see a rematch in the playoffs. Hats off to Balmorhea. It's hard to win in sixman when you spot a team 32. I think next time McLean won't get behind 32. First half Balmorhea 32 McLean 0. Second half McLean 35 Balmorhea 16. What changed in the second half? Did McLean come up with a defense that stopped Balmorhea. I listened to the game online and I felt McLean really hurt themselves with costly penalties. I really hope there's a second game.
chiggity14
11-Man Fan

Postby Shad Kline » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:17 am

chiggity14 wrote:Would love to see a rematch in the playoffs. Hats off to Balmorhea. It's hard to win in sixman when you spot a team 32. I think next time McLean won't get behind 32. First half Balmorhea 32 McLean 0. Second half McLean 35 Balmorhea 16. What changed in the second half? Did McLean come up with a defense that stopped Balmorhea. I listened to the game online and I felt McLean really hurt themselves with costly penalties. I really hope there's a second game.

It’s likely
Shad Kline
6-Man Fan

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby All about the truth » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:47 am

Balmorhea shut Ben down the first half and 4th quarter. He did go crazy in the third. I will take Balmorhea any day of the week over one player in McLean. I seen a well coached team in Balmorhea that will be hard to beat this year and a McLean team that I thought depended on one kid and everybody know there is no I in team. It takes a team to win it all and Balmorhea is a team.
All about the truth
6-Man Fan

Postby glorydaze » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:02 am

Hats off to the bears. They came to play. It’s hard to come back 32 points and keep them from scoring in the process. Balmorhea scored one time when three or four guys from McLean had him wrapped up and they tossed it up and another kid caught it and scored. Lots of penalties hurt McLean and even sometimes put the bears in tough 4th down situations that they converted. At the start of the 4th quarter McLean is down by 3. Two big plays could have changed the outcome of the game. Balmorhea 4th and about 17 catch the ball and get the first but as he is catching it McLean player misses a tackle and they score. McLean is faced with a 4th and long situation, gets the first and fumbles. Not saying McLean would have won if they stopped them on that possession and scored on the lost fumble, but there is the possibility.

I can see these teams meeting again and it’ll be pretty interesting. Much closer back and forth game that could go either way if McLean plays like they did the second half. Great game to Balmorhea and Coach Jones
glorydaze
11-Man Fan

Postby chiggity14 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:21 am

So what some of you are saying is Ben Crockett held Balmorhea to 48 points by himself, wow that's impressive! McLean doesn't have an I in team, they are a TEAM with some really talented athletes around Ben Crockett.
chiggity14
11-Man Fan

Postby All about the truth » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:29 am

Balmorhea is the best team in D1 as of right now. They will meet again in playoffs if Ben stays healthy.
All about the truth
6-Man Fan

Postby 6manonly » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:26 pm

All about the truth is still mad about the whoopin they took from McLean last year. If they meet again McLean wins
6manonly
6-Man Fan

Postby Johnny South » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:54 pm

It's very difficult to defeat a good, well coached team twice in one season.
Johnny South
6-Man Fan

Postby iwuvdisgame » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:31 pm

Class act program down by the desert watering hole
iwuvdisgame
6-Man Fan

Postby BigFan22 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:52 am

No way around it, McLean got outclassed. However, that little 3rd quarter showed me what they can be. If McLean will develop, they will be a State threat. If they keep up this pace, White Deer might send them home. Balmoreah is athletic and very well coached. They have a great shot at Dallas this year.
BigFan22
6-Man Fan

Postby iwuvdisgame » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:52 pm

Great coaching both sides of this one
iwuvdisgame
6-Man Fan

Postby Texlonghorn75 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:35 pm

iwuvdisgame wrote:Class act program down by the desert watering hole

Yes, Could be Balmorhea's year to win it all, but Borden County is much improved and McLean will probably play better if they meet again in the playoffs. No more of wandering around in the desert, maybe!
Texlonghorn75
6-Man Fan

Previous

Return to six-man football talk