Coaching Carousel

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: Coaching Carousel

Postby freeagent » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:53 pm

Black-Gold wrote:You are correct Kramer. I will be moving on from Union Hill and from Sixman Football. It has been a blast, and I have had the privilege of meeting so many wonderful coaches, and kids. I will make it official here first before the press conference. I have accepted the Offensive Coordinator position with the Dallas Cowboys. I'm pushing Jerry to bring back Tony Romo so I can call pass plays. Best of luck to all you sixman peasants.

Shane Mallory
The OC for Americas Team

Well, you got one year to deliver. Otherwise, you may be back in six man in 2020 :)
freeagent
6Man Authority

Postby One _pac2018 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:06 am

Cj Hantz union hill
One _pac2018
6-Man Fan

Postby 51eleven » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:43 am

Black-Gold wrote:You are correct Kramer. I will be moving on from Union Hill and from Sixman Football. It has been a blast, and I have had the privilege of meeting so many wonderful coaches, and kids. I will make it official here first before the press conference. I have accepted the Offensive Coordinator position with the Dallas Cowboys. I'm pushing Jerry to bring back Tony Romo so I can call pass plays. Best of luck to all you sixman peasants.

Shane Mallory
The OC for Americas Team

Nah coach. You Do wan't advice from a fan, right? The fifth highest rated passer in NFL history (Tony) has done moved on. You need to draft a big back to compiment Zeke and start running the wishbone. Can you imagine Dak in the wishbone? It could stun the NFL.
51eleven
6-Man Fan

Postby Longhorn85 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:39 pm

Any word on moves by the following schools?

Forestburg
Mullin
Zephyr
Happy
Claude
Mertzon Irion County
Roby
Longhorn85
6-Man Fan

Postby Jones26 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:12 am

As far as I know, Irion County and Roby coaches are staying put.
Jones26
6-Man Fan

Postby Kramer » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:17 am

Jones26 wrote:As far as I know, Irion County and Roby coaches are staying put.

according to a very reliable source who has a brother on the Roby School board who was against going sixman, has stated Roby coach is looking for an 11 man job. If he finds an 11 spot, he will leave Roby.

So it's a waiting game. For Claude and Irion County it's been hush-hush.
Claude did play sixman this year so I'd assume the Claude coaching staff will stay put.
Kramer
6-Man Fan

Postby Jones26 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:26 am

Kramer wrote:
Jones26 wrote:As far as I know, Irion County and Roby coaches are staying put.

according to a very reliable source who has a brother on the Roby School board who was against going sixman, has stated Roby coach is looking for an 11 man job. If he finds an 11 spot, he will leave Roby.

So it's a waiting game. For Claude and Irion County it's been hush-hush.
Claude did play sixman this year so I'd assume the Claude coaching staff will stay put.

Roby's coach seemed interested in learning the game when I talked to him. Of course, lots can change between now and August. Irion County coach has been interested in learning the game also...their JH played sixman this year, so he has coached it a few times this year.
Jones26
6-Man Fan

Postby Jericho941 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:11 pm

The Region 9 HR Services Cooperative
Boys Athletic Coordinator/Teacher JobID: 5428

Position Type:
Athletics/Activities/Coach

Date Posted:
1/21/2019

(High-Needs School)

Date Available:
immediately

Closing Date:
until filled

District:
Throckmorton ISD - website
Jericho941
11-Man Fan

Postby Longhorn85 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:07 pm

What defines a school as a (High-Needs School)?
Longhorn85
6-Man Fan

Postby Coach Ware » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:28 pm

Longhorn85 wrote:What defines a school as a (High-Needs School)?

The No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 defines a high-needs school as “within the top quartile of elementary and secondary schools statewide, as ranked by the number of unfilled, available teacher positions; or is located in an area where at least 30 percent of students come from families with incomes below the poverty line.
Coach Ware
6-Man Fan

Postby Longhorn85 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:30 am

Coach Ware wrote:
Longhorn85 wrote:What defines a school as a (High-Needs School)?

The No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 defines a high-needs school as “within the top quartile of elementary and secondary schools statewide, as ranked by the number of unfilled, available teacher positions; or is located in an area where at least 30 percent of students come from families with incomes below the poverty line.

Thank you for the clarification.. I was aware of the No Child Left Behind act but did not know it was a school classification that applied when posting positions
Longhorn85
6-Man Fan

Postby Tough Enough » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:21 pm

Well ole Mallory sure knows how to turn the ball over . He should excel as the OC for the cowboys
Tough Enough
11-Man Fan

Postby Dogface2 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:36 pm

Tough Enough wrote:Well ole Mallory sure knows how to turn the ball over . He should excel as the OC for the cowboys

Actually,
That's funny.
I can't remember the last time
a coach actually carried the ball,
made or missed a block,
dropped/caught a pass,
etc...etc.
ha.
Dogface2
6-Man Fan

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby TebowTime15 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:02 am

Johnny South wrote:Just an offensive coordinator who is not afraid to use the quarterback is all they need.

While I am not sure if you are being serious or not, I think letting the QB run more in 11 man is a good way to go.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan

Postby Johnny South » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:09 pm

TebowTime15 wrote:
Johnny South wrote:Just an offensive coordinator who is not afraid to use the quarterback is all they need.

While I am not sure if you are being serious or not, I think letting the QB run more in 11 man is a good way to go.

Just as serious as a I can be. Any time the quarterback is standing looking at all receivers covered and the field is wide open in front of him to the end zone, and he throws the ball into the ground, that is a wasted opportunity. Even the great passers like Brady and Rogers are given the go-ahead to take advantage of a gift. Dak is a lot better runner than passer anyway, so he needs to loosen up the coverage any way he can. IMO And besides, I like 11 against 11 better than 10 against 11.
Johnny South
6-Man Fan

PreviousNext

Return to six-man football talk