TaRon and Crockett

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

TaRon and Crockett

Postby BigFan22 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:21 pm

A friend I played college ball with was asking me about the potential for either of these men to play some college ball, and I thought I might post some thoughts here! I never played six man, only crowded field. I had the opportunity to play D2 college ball, and was only average there. This is not a post from an “expert’s” point of view, only thoughts from someone who has been there and gone through the process.

TaRon is a heck of an athlete, but will have to pick a position if he wants to play at a college level. And QB isn’t it. He has a decent arm, but doesn’t have the height, and he will definitely have to get pickier about his throws. He definitely might fit in an a running back, but they’re going to put 20 pounds on him and he will have to maintain speed. His running style will change in crowded field. If he gets really downhill oriented, I think he has some potential.

Crockett is only a junior and is blessed with capable running ability. Outstanding balance, strong build, but average speed at the college level. Honestly, I think you could put 15 pounds on him and have a heck of a linebacker but I don’t see him as a college level running back.
BigFan22
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:43 pm

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby MilfordInsider » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:24 pm

Ta’Ron will play slot receiver at the next level.
MilfordInsider
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:23 pm

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby BigFan22 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:25 pm

MilfordInsider wrote:Ta’Ron will play slot receiver at the next level.


I hope he does and think he could!
BigFan22
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:43 pm

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby Leman Saunders » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:22 pm

I have been told Taron has two DI schools looking at him, one in state and one out of state

Greg Tepper was talking with me up in the press box about how DIII and DII school should be recruiting the heck out of the best 6man players...a lot of hard working talented kids out there that could play somewhere

Milford's Jasean Brooks needs to be getting some looks too IMO

Crockett could play somewhere, Henderson could play somewhere. Probably a couple other McLean guys and for sure in basketball in college I bet!
User avatar
Leman Saunders
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 2860
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:04 am

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby Leman Saunders » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:04 am

Crockett is just a junior and I'm sure his offers will roll in as he enters and plays in his final season
User avatar
Leman Saunders
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 2860
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:04 am

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby bballcoach » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:43 am

I think Crockett will end up being a linebacker in college. He is a great tackler and tough as nails. I will be anxious to see how much bigger/faster he gets over the offseason. Man, he will not be fun to tackle next year.
bballcoach
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:34 pm

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby wths » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:48 am

MilfordInsider wrote:Ta’Ron will play slot receiver at the next level.


I could definitely see him playing slot.
wths
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:01 am
Location: The Metroplex

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby Mexican Englishman » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:34 am

Leman, you must believe anything that is told to you. Tyrone does not have any D1 offers, or any other sixman player for that matter. And by offers , I mean a scholarship to play football. If you want to see D1 football players that get scholarships, you need to be at AT&T yesterday and today. People throw around the phrase D1 too easily, D1 recruits are elite athletes that face someone in practice that is equally talented as them or better. Every day, even offseason. And most of them, their parents have personal trainers for them since jr. high. No D1 coach is going to risk a scholarship, which they are limited with, on a sixman player. Sorry just the facts. So parents and even coaches, if you think you have a D1 player , and they want to try to play at the D1 level, you better enroll them in a 5A-6A school. And even then, the chances of getting a D1 scholarship is slim.
Mexican Englishman
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:18 am
Location: Between Mexico and England

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby Greatest95 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:25 am

Mexican Englishman wrote:Leman, you must believe anything that is told to you. Tyrone does not have any D1 offers, or any other sixman player for that matter. And by offers , I mean a scholarship to play football. If you want to see D1 football players that get scholarships, you need to be at AT&T yesterday and today. People throw around the phrase D1 too easily, D1 recruits are elite athletes that face someone in practice that is equally talented as them or better. Every day, even offseason. And most of them, their parents have personal trainers for them since jr. high. No D1 coach is going to risk a scholarship, which they are limited with, on a sixman player. Sorry just the facts. So parents and even coaches, if you think you have a D1 player , and they want to try to play at the D1 level, you better enroll them in a 5A-6A school. And even then, the chances of getting a D1 scholarship is slim.


That’s where you are wrong because Taron has D1 coaches talking about offering him! Just because kids in your town don’t get D1 offers don’t mean other kids won’t!
Greatest95
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:59 am

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby TebowTime15 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:38 pm

While I won't comment on Crockett since I have never seen him play, I think TaRon could play QB at the college level. Although he will never be Peyton Manning, the spread has made height less important. Could he be Johnny Maziel or Russell Wilson? I give him a shot because I guess I like his arm more than most on here. He will, however, have to learn to throw with anticipation from the pocket, 11 man Xs and Os, and to play hard every play. If not, I think slot receiver is his only other position as he isn't thick enough to play RB and does not like to hit enough to play DB.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby EasyE43 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:21 pm

This is just a question. Is Taron a hard enough worker to play college ball, mich less D-1?? I’m not taking anything away from the kid, he was amazing in a 6-Man game with a lot of open space. However, in 11 man, there won’t be near as much open space and I didn’t see him as a physical player at all. I think he can definitely play D-2 or NAIA though.
EasyE43
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby TebowTime15 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:24 pm

EasyE43 wrote:This is just a question. Is Taron a hard enough worker to play college ball, mich less D-1?? I’m not taking anything away from the kid, he was amazing in a 6-Man game with a lot of open space. However, in 11 man, there won’t be near as much open space and I didn’t see him as a physical player at all. I think he can definitely play D-2 or NAIA though.


I just meant in the Johnny Manziel or Russell Wilson model, not that he would actually be as good as them. Nor am I saying he would be as crazy as Johnny Manziel off the field haha!
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby wrenchman540 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:41 pm

TaRon has a shot at D1 probably as slot receiver. He has a special talent that can't be taught, quickness and elusiveness. He could play a lot of positions at DII and III but probably not QB. His size won't let him take D1 hits as RB and he is really a natural offensive player moreso than defense.

Crockett will be interesting to watch. He will have D1 size but not speed or quickness. Looks to me like a prototypical safety but not sure about D1

Two very talented hard working kids wish the best for them.
wrenchman540
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:47 pm

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby Mexican Englishman » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:06 pm

Greatest95 wrote:
Mexican Englishman wrote:Leman, you must believe anything that is told to you. Tyrone does not have any D1 offers, or any other sixman player for that matter. And by offers , I mean a scholarship to play football. If you want to see D1 football players that get scholarships, you need to be at AT&T yesterday and today. People throw around the phrase D1 too easily, D1 recruits are elite athletes that face someone in practice that is equally talented as them or better. Every day, even offseason. And most of them, their parents have personal trainers for them since jr. high. No D1 coach is going to risk a scholarship, which they are limited with, on a sixman player. Sorry just the facts. So parents and even coaches, if you think you have a D1 player , and they want to try to play at the D1 level, you better enroll them in a 5A-6A school. And even then, the chances of getting a D1 scholarship is slim.


That’s where you are wrong because Taron has D1 coaches talking about offering him! Just because kids in your town don’t get D1 offers don’t mean other kids won’t!

Name the D1 schools that are offering a scholarship.
Mexican Englishman
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:18 am
Location: Between Mexico and England

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby BigFan22 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:50 pm

wrenchman540 wrote:TaRon has a shot at D1 probably as slot receiver. He has a special talent that can't be taught, quickness and elusiveness. He could play a lot of positions at DII and III but probably not QB. His size won't let him take D1 hits as RB and he is really a natural offensive player moreso than defense.

Crockett will be interesting to watch. He will have D1 size but not speed or quickness. Looks to me like a prototypical safety but not sure about D1

Two very talented hard working kids wish the best for them.


Honestly, neither player is D1 material YET. Get them in a program and you never know. Crockett has the quickness, and if he can retain speed with mass he would probably be as fast as most linebackers I played against. But he’s going to need to bulk up. He absolutely is not a safety. No way. The average D2 safety is a much faster athlete. TaRon would probably be a great fit at slot, especially if he gets in with a pass oriented offense.
BigFan22
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:43 pm

Next

Return to six-man football talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Go Patriots, Google [Bot] and 6 guests