Leakey

Moderators: freeagent, mjda76384, granger

Leakey

Postby Mexican Englishman » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:17 pm

Can someone give me a little insight on my new favorite team this week. I have not heard anything about this team, looked quickly at their scores and looks like they don't allow many points on defense. Also, did not look like many blowouts, so do they play a ball control offense? Just looking for a little info on them, as I will be their #1 fan this week.
Mexican Englishman
6-Man Fan

Re: Leakey

Postby FCSA football » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:30 pm

Granger posted a link to a Texas Monthly article about the New Home and Leakey football programs. The new coach there came from Zephyr.
I think they are a true “sleeper” that you just might see in Jerry’s World “.
FCSA football
6-Man Fan

Postby Old Bearkat » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:09 pm

FCSA football wrote:Granger posted a link to a Texas Monthly article about the New Home and Leakey football programs. The new coach there came from Zephyr.

Some of the kids on this team might have fathers who played on the 1975 state champ team.
Old Bearkat
6Man Authority

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby TheGoat97 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:49 pm

HAHAHA!!!
TheGoat97
6-Man Fan

Postby Mexican Englishman » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:13 pm

Thank you FSCA, I missed that post. I like their story. I would tell the story of how Milford was founded as I was told as a young lad ,but I am scared my history lesson will disappear.
Mexican Englishman
6-Man Fan

Postby Blueblood90 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:01 pm

This is a postabout Leakey so talk about that... Leave Milford out of it
Blueblood90
6-Man Fan

Postby FCSA football » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:45 pm

Sorry, Leakey is playing Milford, so can’t exactly leave Milford out of the conversation now can we ? Especially since the Leakey coach is from Zephyr.
Just saying.........
FCSA football
6-Man Fan

Postby FCSA football » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:26 am

Got my hotel reservations made! Can’t wait !
FCSA football
6-Man Fan

Postby 51eleven » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:03 am

Old Bearkat wrote:
FCSA football wrote:Granger posted a link to a Texas Monthly article about the New Home and Leakey football programs. The new coach there came from Zephyr.

Some of the kids on this team might have fathers who played on the 1975 state champ team.

Maybe Grandfathers? Leaky's a cool place, near the Frio with the hills and all. Natural rivalry with Medina. Good for sixman and the local fans. Nice run this year for Leaky after their move up to sixman. A soft schedule may well end with Milford. They are an experienced sixman playoff team with great athletes. That said, Leaky has had a couple of years to learn the game and I guess enough players to choose from that they could still be playing in 11 man, though loosing way too often there as opposed to 6m. I don't know much about Leaky. Can the underdogs pull off the upset?
51eleven
6-Man Fan

Postby MilfordInsider » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:43 am

Can leaky pull off the upset? Can you catch a snowball in hell? Lol
MilfordInsider
6-Man Fan

Postby Justadawgfan » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:40 am

Mexican Englishman wrote:Can someone give me a little insight on my new favorite team this week. I have not heard anything about this team, looked quickly at their scores and looks like they don't allow many points on defense. Also, did not look like many blowouts, so do they play a ball control offense? Just looking for a little info on them, as I will be their #1 fan this week.

I’m starting to think you’re a bigger Bulldog fan than some of these other guys on here! You have really hyped up the Bulldogs every week after Aquilla took that BIG L from them!!!! Every week they have proved you wrong by feeding on your negativity to show that Milford has what it takes to keep playing in the playoffs!!!
Justadawgfan
11-Man Fan

Postby TheGoat97 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:20 am

FCSA football wrote:Got my hotel reservations made! Can’t wait !

Wait for Milford to win?
TheGoat97
6-Man Fan

Postby FCSA football » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:47 am

We will see. I think that is why they play the game instead of just giving the trophy to one team or the other. I don’t have much personal knowledge about either team except Leakey has been entirely overlooked this year. Nobody expected them to get an invitation to the Dance and yet here they are. On the other hand, Milford is a known quantity with a great record and a winning tradition.
Rocky vs Apollo Creed, David vs Goliath, a matchup that is a great human interest story. Can’t help but cheer for the “little guy” in this one.
FCSA football
6-Man Fan

Postby Mexican Englishman » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:49 am

MilfordInsider wrote:Can leaky pull off the upset? Can you catch a snowball in hell? Lol

You sure talk about hell alot. Oh wait, I forgot you live in Milford. Sorry.
Mexican Englishman
6-Man Fan

Postby Blueblood90 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:25 am

Hell is having you represent Aquilla on here. I know some of them wish you would shut up.As long as we beat your team I'm good. But last I checkedwe are still rolling and you're dribbling. So dribble on out of here...
Blueblood90
6-Man Fan

Next

Return to six-man football talk