D-1 Picks Down the Stretch

For private and home school teams, this is the place.

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: D-1 Picks Down the Stretch

Postby Birdman96 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:54 pm

Lionsbacker wrote:Sorry i have been tied up and not posting.

I agree that D-1 is very competitive. I havent seen anybody that compares with Issiah on Lutheran. Giddings #7 comes close. So far I am going with:

Sugarland/ Lutheran - Lutheran beats the spread

Giddings/ Amarillo - Hmm, I saw somewhere this is being played in Amarillo, long drive! If San Jac plays Giddings the way they played us...hmmm. Going out on a limb, upset. Amarillo wins.

Emery / Veritas - they remind me so much of each other. Emery maybe a little crisper this year. They have been tested more. I am going with Emery ( Sorry Veritas, love u guys)

Gainsville/ Waco - Hmmm, heard Gainsville is without #50 and # 20, that will make a huge difference. I say they win but it will be close.

At this point an on sides kick or 2, and a penalty here or there can sway a game.

Looks like Veritas pulled it out vs. Emery. Should be a great game in the semi’s. Last year’s state final rematch!
Birdman96
6-Man Fan

Postby Old76er » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:40 pm

I’m pretty sure Lutheran will be the favorite in this one. I do believe that Veritas can win this game and will be doing everything they can to not let Isaiah beat them. I see this being a battle!
Old76er
6-Man Fan

Postby UncleRico » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:38 pm

Old76er wrote:I’m pretty sur3 Lutheran will be the favorite in this one. I do believe that Veritas can win this game and will be doing everything they can to not let Isaiah beat them. I see this being a battle!

Veritas will beat Lutheran by 30+. Veritas defense is too good to get beaten by a one man team and the lutheran defense won't have many answers for veritas offense.
UncleRico
11-Man Fan

Postby Player321 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:17 pm

I also think veritas can win. Their passing game on a good day is unstoppable, and they can run the ball like nobody's business. Their defense though is the real key. Pretty sure they'll win, maybe not by 30 but not as close as the emory game.
Player321
11-Man Fan

Postby Lionsbacker » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:54 pm

As I posted on another thread

Lions beat the spread

Gainseville tops Giddings

Lions average 20-25 points a quarter, cant see Veritas keeping up that pace. Defense is finally 100% healthy. Defenders in for a surprise.

Rumor has Giddings releasing multiple players last week, not confirmed. Could be a different group playing Gainseville.
Lionsbacker
6-Man Fan

Postby Birdman96 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:20 pm

Lionsbacker wrote:As I posted on another thread

Lions beat the spread

Gainseville tops Giddings

Lions average 20-25 points a quarter, cant see Veritas keeping up that pace. Defense is finally 100% healthy. Defenders in for a surprise.

Rumor has Giddings releasing multiple players last week, not confirmed. Could be a different group playing Gainseville.

Sorry...What was that you said about the Veritas vs. Lutheran game, Lionsbacker?
Birdman96
6-Man Fan

Previous

Return to Private School Topics