Highest rated team in history

Moderators: freeagent, mjda76384, granger

Highest rated team in history

Postby Cardinal Dad » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:50 am

What is the highest rated (according to the toy) team in history? Watching McClean's rating grow each week, I was just curious how high the number has ever gotten. Yes, I know its just a toy. Yes, I know it doesn't mean anything.
Cardinal Dad
6-Man Fan

Re: Highest rated team in history

Postby BigFan22 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:53 am

I’m also curious. Wonder if Leman or Granger could help.
BigFan22
6-Man Fan

Postby Leman Saunders » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:15 pm

This question has been ask a few times over the years...and Granger can answer this best...but my understanding is...every year is very different and you cant really compare past seasons ratings to each other. Like if you want to see if McLean is the highest rated team ever as it relates to some kind of super all-time rankings
Leman Saunders
6-Man Fan

Postby Thirtysix » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:44 pm

Every year the rating number gets higher and higher. By the time Trump runs for re-election in 2020, the top teams in the state will have a 700+ rating. The rating number is like the dollar bill... it takes a lot more of them to go anywhere important.
Thirtysix
11-Man Fan

Postby elenaran » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:58 am

IIRC, I think granger has said that the ranking points aren't comparable between seasons
elenaran
6-Man Fan

Postby granger » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:18 am

elenaran wrote:IIRC, I think granger has said that the ranking points aren't comparable between seasons

winner, winner, chicken dinner

The points are not relative. I have expanded the system over the years to grow bigger. The main reason for that? With more teams comes greater disparity. With greater disparity comes the greater the chance a team could have a negative rating. I don't want that...

The system was originally setup for the best team to be around 100. That sounded nice, but in reality didn't work too long.
granger
Guru

Blog: View Blog (3)

Return to six-man football talk