McLean is For Real!

Moderators: freeagent, mjda76384, granger

McLean is For Real!

Postby Longhorn85 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:55 am

I was not at the Strawn game in Jayton, but knew a lot about McLean going in. I expected it to be a game and talked to several knowledgeable folks that were there and the consensus seems to be that McLean is a real threat in the west in D1. I already expected them to be in the semifinal, but they are a threat to be in Jerry World!

Would like to hear thoughts
Longhorn85
6-Man Fan

Re: McClean is For Real!

Postby Blue Bird » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:23 am

Your tital for this thread sez it all, McClean is for real! Both teams had trouble running out of a tight set for most of the game, but toward the end of the game McLean was running the ball and flat out forcing their will on Strawn. I would have to say that Mclean was totally prepared for this game. They didn't make any mistakes on offense or defense that you could point to and say "Its their first game of the year, they will get better". The coaching staff will probaly see things that need improvment, but from a fans veiw, they looked ready for a deep playoff run right now!!
Blue Bird
6-Man Fan

Postby BuffaloCountry » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:31 am

I’m not surprised at all about the game last night. I had McLean winning by several touchdowns. They’re big and physical and that run game will wear down most teams they play. I expect a deep playoff run by them and hope they stay injury free. I met their coaching staff last year and they’re some great guys. They deserve all the recognition they get.
Strawn will still make it deep in the playoffs. I admire their schedule and only believe that it will continue to make them a better team as the season progresses. Great job to both teams. Real class acts.
BuffaloCountry
6-Man Fan

Postby MilfordInsider » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:51 am

McLean just put the whole state on notice.
MilfordInsider
6-Man Fan

Postby tdog5344 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:31 pm

They held Strawn to 18 points is it the real deal or did Strawn just have an off night?? Im just wondering if Mclean really is the real deal.
tdog5344
6-Man Fan

Postby BigFan22 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:47 pm

tdog5344 wrote:They held Strawn to 18 points is it the real deal or did Strawn just have an off night?? Im just wondering if Mclean really is the real deal.

I think that Strawn is probably not as good as everyone thought, and McLean is better than anyone thought. Unfortunately, McLean won’t really be tested again for a bit looking at their schedule. They 45 Groom at half, and the rest of the season doesn’t look too tough.
BigFan22
11-Man Fan

Postby BuffaloCountry » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:11 pm

BigFan22 wrote:
tdog5344 wrote:They held Strawn to 18 points is it the real deal or did Strawn just have an off night?? Im just wondering if Mclean really is the real deal.

I think that Strawn is probably not as good as everyone thought, and McLean is better than anyone thought. Unfortunately, McLean won’t really be tested again for a bit looking at their schedule. They 45 Groom at half, and the rest of the season doesn’t look too tough.

Follett and Balmorhea will both be solid opponents for McLean, although McLean should win both comfortably still.
BuffaloCountry
6-Man Fan

Postby BigFan22 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:13 pm

BuffaloCountry wrote:
BigFan22 wrote:

Follett and Balmorhea will both be solid opponents for McLean, although McLean should win both comfortably still.

I think Balmorhea will be a good game. I don’t know anything about Follett this year so I’ll have to take your word for it.
BigFan22
11-Man Fan

Postby BuffaloCountry » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:23 pm

BigFan22 wrote:
BuffaloCountry wrote:
BigFan22 wrote:

I think Balmorhea will be a good game. I don’t know anything about Follett this year so I’ll have to take your word for it.

Vance Jones alone will make it a difficult matchup for McLean because of his phenomenal coaching ability and Balmorhea does have some returning talent. I only mentioned Follett because they’re a favorite out of D2 West and they have really solid players coming back this year, but they’re not on Strawn’s level. As I stated earlier, McLean should still win comfortably.
BuffaloCountry
6-Man Fan

Postby tdog5344 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:12 pm

Blue Bird wrote:Your tital for this thread sez it all, McClean is for real! Both teams had trouble running out of a tight set for most of the game, but toward the end of the game McClean was running the ball and flat out forcing their will on Strawn. I would have to say that Mclean was totally prepared for this game. They didn't make any mistakes on offense or defense that you could point to and say "Its their first game of the year, they will get better". The coaching staff will probaly see things that need improvment, but from a fans veiw, they looked ready for a deep playoff run right now!!

So you were actually at the game?? I'm Interested in an eyes on opinion as I can o my go by the radio broadcast.
tdog5344
6-Man Fan

Postby BigFan22 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:03 pm

tdog5344 wrote:
Blue Bird wrote:Your tital for this thread sez it all, McClean is for real! Both teams had trouble running out of a tight set for most of the game, but toward the end of the game McClean was running the ball and flat out forcing their will on Strawn. I would have to say that Mclean was totally prepared for this game. They didn't make any mistakes on offense or defense that you could point to and say "Its their first game of the year, they will get better". The coaching staff will probaly see things that need improvment, but from a fans veiw, they looked ready for a deep playoff run right now!!

So you were actually at the game?? I'm Interested in an eyes on opinion as I can o my go by the radio broadcast.

Same here, I would like to hear from someone who watched the game.
BigFan22
11-Man Fan

Re: McLean is For Real!

Postby Ares » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:24 pm

To be honest, i thought McLean was for real last year. Going 11-2 and only losing both games to Happy. Who was the 2nd best team in D1 West. To me, that made it clear they were potential contenders last year. Finding out they returned several players, I fully expected them to be contenders once again and as of now. I'm putting them as the favorite to make the Semifinals.
Ares
11-Man Fan

Postby swires » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:51 am

McLean is real. They are tough. Strawn was the fastest team I have ever seen in 30 yrs of sixman ball. They did a little bit of damage in the beginning by spreading things out but McLean adjusted to it and shut them down. They have some weapons!
swires
6-Man Fan

Postby swires » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:01 am

The biggest difference I saw in McLean in this game compared to last year was they were a whole heap tougher on defense and their passing game looked a whole heap better as well. Last year, they were a run heavy team.
swires
6-Man Fan

Postby BigFan22 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:00 pm

swires wrote:The biggest difference I saw in McLean in this game compared to last year was they were a whole heap tougher on defense and their passing game looked a whole heap better as well. Last year, they were a run heavy team.

Is the Crockett kid as good as everyone is saying he is? 6 ft, 210 is a big back at the six man level.
BigFan22
11-Man Fan

Next

Return to six-man football talk