Div 1 Dist 6 Game of the Week - Sterling City vs Robert Lee

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Div 1 Dist 6 Game of the Week - Sterling City vs Robert Lee

Postby fortyfived » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:01 am

The Steers host the Eagles this Friday in what should be this district's game of the week. Should be a great game even though the toy has RL as a 30 point favorite. Both have beaten GC, Blackwell, and Paint Rock but RL thumped Highland where SC didn't. SC has beaten a physical Zephyr team and barely lost to a physical Rankin team by only 2 points. I believe SC has had the tougher schedule overall. I like this matchup with early playoff implications and hopefully both teams are healthy coming off a boring bye week. I think SC could pull off a W, but I'll go with RL by an slim 6 point margin.

Thoughts and predictions anyone?
fortyfived
6-Man Fan

Re: Div 1 Dist 6 Game of the Week - Sterling City vs Robert

Postby WV Backer » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:05 am

I've got the WV by 45. Wait, wrong game. OK, though I hate to pick the Chivo Loco's team, I have to go with Robert Lee on this one. Neither team has played a particlarly tough schedule but RL was more impressive against their one common opponent. Robert Lee over Sterling City by 16. There you have it.
WV Backer
6-Man Fan

Postby sixman1992 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:00 am

SC by 22
sixman1992
6-Man Fan

Postby THAT_GUY_SHELTON » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:43 am

The job that Shay Avants has done in Robert Lee in the last 6 years is sensational. He has turned that town into a football powerhouse and proved so many wrong. The Steers are one tough team led by a fantastic coach.

Steers by 24
THAT_GUY_SHELTON
6-Man Fan

Postby Blue Bird » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:40 am

Just the fact that Robert Lee is undeated shows that they have improved a lot since the first scrimmage. If they deserve to be at the ranked in the top ten they would have had to improve a huge amount. I suppose anything is possible, but I have my doubts. I still expect Robert Lee to win this week in a close game.
Blue Bird
6-Man Fan

Postby Old Bearkat » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:56 am

RL will steer past the boids......
Old Bearkat
6Man Authority

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby OrangeBlackBlueblood » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:57 pm

I would also like to give props to Shay Avants. From his glory days at good ole PC to the shores of Lake Spence, an unattainable bar has been set. His efforts on and off the field are unequivocally matched by past and present gridiron greats. He has all but cemented his statue in the sixman hall of fame!!!!!! Congrats and keep on keepin on!!!!!! AllrightAllrightAllright!!!!!!
OrangeBlackBlueblood
11-Man Fan

Postby Dusty Britches » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:35 pm

Ok, I know curiosity killed the cat, but I'm wondering. Robert Lee left at halftime with 12 players. Only 9 returned for the second half. What happened? 2 of the non returners were starters. They lost another starter early in the 3rd. Only 2 subs left. Definite factor in an exciting game.
Dusty Britches
11-Man Fan

Postby CVguy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:36 am

Robert Lee suffered 4 injuries to their starters. One running back went to the hospital with a suspected broken leg, another running back went to the hospital with a probable broken collar bone, the spreadback/quarterback was pulled from the game with concussion like symptoms, and the starting safety/backup spreadback suffered a probable sprained ankle. The two running backs and the spreadback happened in the 2nd quarter, the other spreadback was in the 3rd quarter. All four injuries happened while they were carrying the ball.
CVguy
11-Man Fan

Postby fortyfived » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:40 am

CVguy wrote:Robert Lee suffered 4 injuries to their starters.

Wish those young men a speedy recovery!
fortyfived
6-Man Fan

Return to Div 1 - District 6