Water Valley vs. Rankin

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: Water Valley vs. Rankin

Postby SimplyPut » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:03 pm

WinTheDay wrote:WV by 45 in early 4th

Early 3rd. If WV comes out firing it could be halftime, but they are like a good Cummins.
You have to warm the engine a bit, but then you can't hardly stop it.
SimplyPut
6-Man Fan

Postby sixmanfootballradio » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:40 pm

If you are interested in hearing the game real time you can keep up with it live online at http://975kgkl.com/listen-live/popup/
sixmanfootballradio
6-Man Fan

Postby WV Backer » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:03 am

Good game for the Wildcats but Rankin really shot themselves in the foot tonight. They are a much better team than the 52-6 score would lead one to believe. They must have committed at least 4 or 5 turnovers and they had numerous penalties which really stymied them. Again, they are a pretty good team but it seemed like the wheels fell off a little bit tonight. I seriously doubt that Crowell will be as generous next Friday night.
WV Backer
6-Man Fan

Postby SimplyPut » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:11 am

WV Backer wrote:Good game for the Wildcats but Rankin really shot themselves in the foot tonight. They are a much better team than the 52-6 score would lead one to believe. They must have committed at least 4 or 5 turnovers and they had numerous penalties which really stymied them. Again, they are a pretty good team but it seemed like the wheels fell off a little bit tonight. I seriously doubt that Crowell will be as generous next Friday night.

Yes, they did cough of the ball numerous times. They did that last week as well, they had 6 fumbles against GC. I kept up with that stat. Just one interception I believe but could have been two.
SimplyPut
6-Man Fan

Postby coyote_king » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:12 am

After seeing gc and wv.. I really want to see them play each other.. I'm hoping for a 3rd round game but I'm not so confident both will win this week.. But if it does happen I think gc is better.. They have had a great turnaround from last year!
coyote_king
6-Man Fan

Postby SimplyPut » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:24 am

coyote_king wrote:After seeing gc and wv.. I really want to see them play each other.. I'm hoping for a 3rd round game but I'm not so confident both will win this week.. But if it does happen I think gc is better.. They have had a great turnaround from last year!

I watched GC last week and WV tonight. You may be correct. GC was more explosive in my opinion. Did you watch WV-Rankin tonight? If so, there is one thing you didn't see tonight and I'm still scratching my head over it. That's about as far as that discussion goes though. Just don't seem right to elaborate.
SimplyPut
6-Man Fan

Postby coyote_king » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:30 am

I did see the first half of rankin and wv. I don't know what your referring to, but both teams are pretty bueno. Does anyone know why these two teams don't play in the regular season? It would have been a great matchup this year.. I know last year they played in mccamey but I still think they should play every year
coyote_king
6-Man Fan

Postby Blue Bird » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:37 am

Most coaches would prefer not to face an opponant that they are likely to see again early in the playoffs.
Blue Bird
6-Man Fan

Postby SimplyPut » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:38 am

coyote_king wrote:I did see the first half of rankin and wv. I don't know what your referring to, but both teams are pretty bueno. Does anyone know why these two teams don't play in the regular season? It would have been a great matchup this year.. I know last year they played in mccamey but I still think they should play every year

I knew you wouldn't know, sorry but I can't go any further. WV and Rankin scrimmaged the last two years. I think the McCamey shootout tries to showcase the best game for their finale. That's why it was WV-GC last year, and due to GC being a little down last year they changed that feature game to WV-Grandfalls. Who would have thought GC would be back that quick. They are!
SimplyPut
6-Man Fan

Postby coyote_king » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:41 am

That does make sense, but gc and wv just seems like too much of a rivalry for them not to play every year.
coyote_king
6-Man Fan

Postby coyote_king » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:47 am

Although I am really curious now, you have my respect for being a good fan and not causing conflict!
coyote_king
6-Man Fan

Postby WV Backer » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:48 am

coyote_king wrote:After seeing gc and wv.. I really want to see them play each other.. I'm hoping for a 3rd round game but I'm not so confident both will win this week.. But if it does happen I think gc is better.. They have had a great turnaround from last year!

Yeah, it will be a tough row to hoe for both of them. Garden City taking on #1 Ira and WV playing #5 Crowell. Still, it could happen...
WV Backer
6-Man Fan

Postby WildcatClassOf89 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:00 am

WV Backer wrote:Good game for the Wildcats but Rankin really shot themselves in the foot tonight. They are a much better team than the 52-6 score would lead one to believe. They must have committed at least 4 or 5 turnovers and they had numerous penalties which really stymied them. Again, they are a pretty good team but it seemed like the wheels fell off a little bit tonight. I seriously doubt that Crowell will be as generous next Friday night.

Turnovers at this level get you a nice new pair of Nike's and a warm gym.

See ya next week!!
WildcatClassOf89
6-Man Fan

Postby coyote_king » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:01 am

If it does.. That'd be awesome and most likely the third playoff game sc has hosted this year
coyote_king
6-Man Fan

Postby Old Bearkat » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:09 am

WV Backer wrote:

Yeah, it will be a tough row to hoe for both of them. Garden City taking on #1 Ira and WV playing #5 Crowell. Still, it could happen...

The meat grinder continues to make burger.....
Old Bearkat
6Man Authority

Blog: View Blog (1)

Previous

Return to Div 1 - District 6