6-Man Fan

Re: Josh Hamilton WOW

Postby markf » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:38 pm

Off to a Great start
markf
6-Man Fan

Postby Shane » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:21 pm

The list of players past and present more talented than Josh Hamilton is a short list.
Shane
6-Man Fan

Postby markf » Tue May 08, 2012 9:34 pm

May 8 2012
Again i watched Mantle,Mays,Hank A.,on tv,,,Yaz the last player to win the triple crown,,,
Josh,,16th player in MLB History to hit four HR's in a game
Record 18 total bases in a game ties AL record,,
If,a big word,Josh stays healthy has a chance at winning the triple crown
Not since 1967 when Yaz did it,,winning the triple crown now days seems impossible..Staying healthy Josh has a chance,,,Been a Ranger fan since 72
tonight was a history making night,,Hopefully more history to be..
Amazing feat from a great ball player,,,the Balt. crowd all stood and cheered
with what went down tonight,,So Did I !!!
Stay Healthy Josh...WOW
markf
6-Man Fan

Postby cren22 » Wed May 09, 2012 3:30 am

That Josh Hamilton performance last night was ridiculous. Baltimore fans know an impressive feat when they see one, which is why they gave a standing ovation. The Rangers love setting records against the O's, I still remember that 30-3 beatdown a few years ago, the Rangers got a standing o in Baltimore after that too.

The only sad thing about the Hamilton performance is that there were maybe 4-5k fans there (O's reported 11k, but there's no way that's accurate) to witness it. Despite the fact that the O's had the best record in the AL coming into the series, they are an afterthought right now in Baltimore. The college lacrosse playoffs start this weekend, and 2 city schools (Loyola and John's Hopkins) are the top two seeds, and the Preakness is in two weeks. That is much more important than baseball for most of the city.

Phenomenal performance by Hamilton, who has more talent than any player I've ever seen in person. Classy move on the standing o by the O's fans who were there. The way Hamilton was hitting it I expected him to put one out on Eutaw Street. I do wish more people would have been there to see it though, especially as cheap as O's tickets are (student prices are as low as $3), and the fact that Camden Yards might be the best stadium in MLB, there's really no excuse for such tiny crowds.
cren22
6-Man Fan

Postby Old Bearkat » Wed May 09, 2012 1:23 pm

How much longer is he under contract to the Rangers? I would seriously expect the Yankees to start a bidding war for him soon.
Old Bearkat
6Man Authority

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby 51eleven » Wed May 09, 2012 2:08 pm

Others follow baseball much closer than I and can clarify... Thought I read or heard this is the last year of his contract, that there was speculation on a new contract last fall/this spring until he went out once for a few drinks. After that wasn't there speculation he might have to "prove" his dedication or reliability, again, before a new contract? Unless he reallly falls off the wagon now somebody will pay.
51eleven
6-Man Fan

Previous

Return to Baseball