Week 5

Moderators: freeagent, mjda76384, granger

Re: Week 5

Postby halfdozen » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:18 pm

Thanks MCFan. Don't let Woolfman represent those from Crowell. I'm sure MC did have a bad game--maybe it will help them in the long run.....I did, however ,not agree with the MC coach having his kids running drills while our school song was playing at the beginning; that's not a big deal however, I just thought it was a bit disrespectful.

I wish the best of luck to both teams.
halfdozen
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:11 pm

Re: Week 5

Postby woolfman40 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:14 am

ok MCfan i apologize for the rude comment i was just happy that night but i do agree that it was disrespectful that they were doing drills during crowells school song but i do apologize if my last post offended anyone. goodluck everyone.
woolfman40
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Week 5

Postby ironman# » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:22 am

Crowell looked very dominating Friday night. It was one of those nights that everything went well for them. They totally shut down MC, which was very suprising I think even to MC. During the game this domination really appeared to have an effect on the Matadors (quicksand).... I think they will bounce back from this though a stronger team because it happens. As for Crowell, I would work the ball around to the entire (younger players) team more, just in case of injuries and it won't be new to a replacement. That is one thing I think Throckmorton does real well. Good luck on the rest of the season which should get you into the playoffs. My advice is Rankings doesn't get you to the playoffs, Wins do. With that being said you know my feeling on shutting teams out at Halftime, when it is an opportunity for other players to get some gametime, my opinion...Does anyone else feel the same? Great Game though.
User avatar
ironman#
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:45 pm
Location: secret lair, TX

Re: Week 5

Postby airboss32 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:07 pm

I have no doubts whatsoever that MC will bounce back from this loss, with a vengeance.
Almost feel sorry for their district opponents, and playoff ones too, as they will definitely be more prepared for their games the rest of the season.
airboss32
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:04 pm
Location: Where you haven't looked yet

Re: Week 5

Postby 6mansam » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:16 pm

I don't think Bigham has every worried about offending anyone, especially when it comes to things like that. He cares about winning footbal games. Period. End of story.
6mansam
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:01 am
Location: Lubbock

Re: Week 5

Postby rainjacktx » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:08 am

Crowell always complains about something the visiting team does. If you have a music system, they want you to keep it down. If you have cheerleaders who can actually dance, they don't want you out-dancing their cheerleaders.

They're almost as bad as Paducah.
rainjacktx
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 2444
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 2:01 am
Location: nowhere special

Re: Week 5

Postby congo32 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:36 pm

I bet our band is better than yours too.... So don't bring a band either. Also, you need to bring beat up cars so our vehicles look better than yours, and since we are on the subject when you visit Crowell you should wear black and gold.. If you bring a sound system you should have headphones for all your fans, and our cheerleaders can outdance any of your cheerleaders, just ask them....LOL......oh and I'm not complaining just the facts......hehehe
congo32
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:52 am
Location: TX

Re: Week 5

Postby rainjacktx » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:16 pm

congo32 wrote:I bet our band is better than yours too.... So don't bring a band either. Also, you need to bring beat up cars so our vehicles look better than yours, and since we are on the subject when you visit Crowell you should wear black and gold.. If you bring a sound system you should have headphones for all your fans, and our cheerleaders can outdance any of your cheerleaders, just ask them....LOL......oh and I'm not complaining just the facts......hehehe


That would be pretty funny if it weren't so much truth to it.
rainjacktx
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 2444
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 2:01 am
Location: nowhere special

Re: Week 5

Postby WildcatClassOf89 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:30 pm

rainjacktx wrote:Crowell always complains about something the visiting team does. If you have a music system, they want you to keep it down. If you have cheerleaders who can actually dance, they don't want you out-dancing their cheerleaders.

They're almost as bad as Paducah.


I could care less how loud your music is, UNLESS our school song or fight song is being played. Our sound crew has ALWAYS respected the opposing teams school song and also the short period of time the cheerleaders have the stage so to speak at halftime.

Your real close Rainjacktx to making this personal!!! You didnt mention whether it was our JH or HS cheer squad you were referring to so I can't speak on the issue other than to warn you watch your step. As for out dancing anyones squad I would put money on my daughter as she works very hard as do most cheerleaders to be the best they can be. I cheer for all squads whatever the talent level!

I gave props to your daughter on being crowned Homecoming queen without knowing ANYTHING at all about her. All children should be praised!!

It all goes back to manners and respect for ALL the youth participating!!
WildcatClassOf89
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:44 pm
Location: Goodcreek Bridge

Re: Week 5

Postby cwc » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:37 pm

Better "watch your step" or he'll take away your birthday! lol
cwc
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 9:06 am
Location: Texas

Re: Week 5

Postby steve » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:46 pm

You guys cant stand it when crowell wins. Maybe MC should of brought 4 more speakers, had their cars detailed, and brought 2 more cheering squads cause the way this game went the wildcats mama leftovers wasnt even cold yet. Usually when I get put in my place I make excuses to so keep em coming!!!!!! Good job Wildcats
steve
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: Week 5

Postby rainjacktx » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:16 pm

WildcatClassOf89 wrote:
I could care less how loud your music is, UNLESS our school song or fight song is being played. Our sound crew has ALWAYS respected the opposing teams school song and also the short period of time the cheerleaders have the stage so to speak at halftime.

Your real close Rainjacktx to making this personal!!! You didnt mention whether it was our JH or HS cheer squad you were referring to so I can't speak on the issue other than to warn you watch your step. As for out dancing anyones squad I would put money on my daughter as she works very hard as do most cheerleaders to be the best they can be. I cheer for all squads whatever the talent level!

I gave props to your daughter on being crowned Homecoming queen without knowing ANYTHING at all about her. All children should be praised!!

It all goes back to manners and respect for ALL the youth participating!!


I'm sorry if you took what I wrote as an insult against the kids. It wasn't. But when the cheer sponsor and a gaggle of other women come over to our side of the field BEFORE THE GAME, and tell us they don't appreciate our loud music, or the frequency with which our cheerleaders dance, then proceed to tell us how loud and how often we are allowed to dance - well - I take that personal as well.

Instead of embracing the competition between the two schools - like MC did with Silverton (they bought brand new banging sound system), a few bitter old women from Crowell would rather us be sitting through a Church of Christ worship service.

I certainly hope you've had this same discussion with them.
rainjacktx
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 2444
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 2:01 am
Location: nowhere special

Re: Week 5

Postby rainjacktx » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:20 pm

steve wrote:You guys cant stand it when crowell wins. Maybe MC should of brought 4 more speakers, had their cars detailed, and brought 2 more cheering squads cause the way this game went the wildcats mama leftovers wasnt even cold yet. Usually when I get put in my place I make excuses to so keep em coming!!!!!! Good job Wildcats


LOL - no one is making an excuse for Motley County. You guys - the crowd - behaved like little children when you lost to Valley at Valley. I've never heard so much whining and cussing from a losing team.

But I guess memory is selective, huh?
rainjacktx
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 2444
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 2:01 am
Location: nowhere special

Re: Week 5

Postby steve » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:22 pm

Nah its not selective. I agree there was some uncalled yelling and screaming going on ( matter of fact I had to hold my little ones ears afew times bc of the folks behind us). But there will always be the few loud mouth fans from crowell. I heard the school officials scolded afew of them like lil school children. But I think afew people thought MC was going to walk all over crowell and the tables were turned and that upset those few. And for the record I think the person in charge of crowells music needs to take afew notes from the past few teams they have played those speakers are made to play music not just sit there. Loud music gets me exited about the game.
steve
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: Week 5

Postby rainjacktx » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:39 pm

steve wrote:Nah its not selective. I agree there was some uncalled yelling and screaming going on ( matter of fact I had to hold my little ones ears afew times bc of the folks behind us). But there will always be the few loud mouth fans from crowell. I heard the school officials scolded afew of them like lil school children. But I think afew people thought MC was going to walk all over crowell and the tables were turned and that upset those few. And for the record I think the person in charge of crowells music needs to take afew notes from the past few teams they have played those speakers are made to play music not just sit there. Loud music gets me exited about the game.


I don't disagree with anything you just said. I like MC, and really like the coach - but I'm not what you would call a Matador fan. But in their defense - they played at least two starters short. With a small D-II team, that's huge. I don't know that MC would have defeated Crowell with those two in the game, but I think it would have been a lot, lot closer.
rainjacktx
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 2444
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 2:01 am
Location: nowhere special

PreviousNext

Return to Div 1 - District 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests