Where's david...?

Moderators: freeagent, granger

Re: Where's david...?

Postby Godsmightywarrior » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:24 am

I'm still in shock and awe that my Stars beat Lefors. They were tied at 22 at the half. The Stars scored 14 in the 3rd quarter and held on for the win. Looks like Coach Johnson had the defense firing on all cylinders last night.
Godsmightywarrior
6-Man Fan

Postby djdodstep » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:25 am

Thanks shortround for stepping in while david was busy with his paying job. Not too bad on the predictions! You did a lot better than I would have.

That crystal ball of davids has some power...it was 58-6 with something like .3 seconds left in the game and RCC scored with a great pass in the endzone with the receiver able to get both feet in.

Seguin definitely made a statement last night. Did not expect that at all! Defense wins championships, not a prediction just a statement. My NCTA bias absolutely will not allow that prediction.

I also would like to know what's going on over at WFND. It looks like the "not by two" curse is alive and well. I see WCS winning that district now.

San Marcos is making a statement and looking good.

It's going to be fun watching these next few weeks to see how everything plays out. I hope everyone stays healthy and each team can field their best each week.
djdodstep
11-Man Fan

Postby david9h » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:28 am

Shortround,

In response to your question on how Longview matches up against Granbury, as of right now, I would say not well. And Trinity is relatively healthy. I think it will be high scoring but if I had to guess, I would put it at NCTA 90 - Trinity 50. I think Trinity has the capacity to step up and play well. I think #11 will need to play every snap both ways and play well. Looking at Big Boy and the huge holes he runs through, I see him running up and down the field. Trinity does not shed blocks well and they arm tackle and tackle high. That won't work against this dude. I'd love to put my blinders on and call for a Titans upset but until I see them step up and perform the way they are capable of performing, I'd have to say they're playing for 2nd place in District 2! Gotta call it like I see it.
david9h
6-Man Fan

Postby Godsmightywarrior » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:31 am

Yes Shortround, you did well, considering you had no time to research the games. Maybe next season it could be a friendly competition between a few prognosticators.
Godsmightywarrior
6-Man Fan

Postby shortround » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:40 am

Thanks for the responses! I've updated my post to what I know about freddy vs seguin.
NCTA sounds like they have a big guy that punishes the weak tackles.
David, thanks for the reply about longview and calling it how you see it!
GMW- congrats on the Stars winning!
I will take you up on the offer for a competition between prognostications next week!

I'm now 4-2 on the predections with the BVL win
shortround
6-Man Fan

Postby Godsmightywarrior » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:46 am

Per EPJC coach, they DID NOT play last night. They are on their way to Garden City for today's game against WFND.
Godsmightywarrior
6-Man Fan

Postby Godsmightywarrior » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:47 am

I might come out of retirement for next week, Shortround. I know David is in and has set a very high bar already. Anyone else care to try?
Godsmightywarrior
6-Man Fan

Postby shortround » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:47 am

Godsmightywarrior wrote:Per EPJC coach, they DID NOT play last night. They are on their way to Garden City for today's game against WFND.

Alright! Thanks for the update! Maybe my prediction will hold true and I go 5-1
Yes you should come out of retirement! I'll still make my predictions.
shortround
6-Man Fan

Postby Game Traveler » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:27 pm

Waldo must have been in Vegas with his "Crystal Ball".

Seguin is the cream of the crop now. "THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE". Congrats Sequin!
That statement can also be said for Canyon Creek.

Prickly
Game Traveler
6-Man Fan

Postby freeagent » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:00 pm

Game Traveler wrote:Waldo must have been in Vegas with his "Crystal Ball".

Seguin is the cream of the crop now. "THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE". Congrats Sequin!
That statement can also be said for Canyon Creek.

Prickly

Sequins are something you put on your dress (well, maybe your wife's dress, we won't get into that here...)

But my guess is that in a Lifegate/Freddy game, a 58-8 score says that somebody played really well and somebody didn't. Which has happened a number of times in this series, usually with Lifegate losing the game.
freeagent
6Man Authority

Postby Game Traveler » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:27 pm

Yeah but you knew who I was talkin bout though right?...007!

Oh and Mrs. Prickly says that Sequins are so the 80s. But of course us back woods hillbilly country folk can't get no sequins down at the quicky-mart .

Either way congrats to SEGUIN LIFEGATE on a great win.

Prickly
Game Traveler
6-Man Fan

Postby Godsmightywarrior » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:56 pm

WF Notre Dame 66
El Paso Jesus Chapel 16
Final from Garden City
Godsmightywarrior
6-Man Fan

Postby shortround » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:51 pm

Thanks for the score GMW. Looks like I went 5-1 the only miss being Freddy vs Seguin.
GMW, how do you think the stars will play against WFND? Do you think they take district 1?
shortround
6-Man Fan

Postby Godsmightywarrior » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:00 pm

I think this is the year the title changes hands. Last year the Stars were one end zone completion away. This year the title game will be on home turf. They're a bigger and better team this year. They've been in every game at half time this season and with Lefors, the D held up in the second half. Their three losses are to teams that will win their districts and make the playoffs. How far will they go? That remains to be seen. One thing I will tell you is that great coaching makes a world of difference. I think there is more parity in DIII this season too.
Your picks were great! I don't think anybody expected a rout in the Freddy/Lifegate game.
Godsmightywarrior
6-Man Fan

Postby Game Traveler » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:06 pm

Coach Johnson has turned all his programs around. I have seen a few games of his and he is a good coach. WCS does take District 1. I say they may be Semi-Finalists but will run into a wall against a southern team.
Game Traveler
6-Man Fan

Previous

Return to TAPPS-Division III