Week 1 Predictions

Moderators: freeagent, granger

Re: Week 1 Predictions

Postby Game Traveler » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:15 am

Blah...Blah...Blah. Everyone looked like crap the first week. There were upsets in Public School because its week 1. Please name a team that doesn't have mistakes in week one or a team that walks away week one and doesn't say, we need to get better here _ _ _ _ _ _?

Trinity will run through there little pity pat schedule, then I am calling for them to get creamed in the playoffs by Seguin Lifegate. Freddy appears to be down in numbers, so if they get the injury bug then it will be a long season for the powerhouse Monsters of the south. Seguin to me is the favorite right now. Rankings don't mean a hill of beans. Yes Trinity's offense was great last year, but they should be explosive with that #11 kid, if he is back. Who cares if they lost their coach! They come and go...and he wasn't amazing, because he couldn't win the big one last year. If you can't beat'em, join'em....or in his case, if you can't beat'em, leave! HAHA.

Keep pickin'em there Davey Boy! You did a lot better than the Road Warrior usually does.

Peace Out....Prickly!!!!
Game Traveler
6-Man Fan

Postby loveofgame » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:42 pm

Traveler, you must not be a coach. Blame a coach for running when he left to take care of family. He left to a public school where there's better pay, TRS, and more benefits that a private school just cant afford. If you have a problem with that, you need to check your own priorities.

-a former assistant under the coach..
loveofgame
6-Man Fan

Postby SFA » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:46 pm

wow, loveofgame comes out swinging!...well love, what do think of the new coach...can he do what the old coach did....as I say most of time a coaching change will change the team too...
SFA
6-Man Fan

Postby Godsmightywarrior » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:07 am

Oh, Game Traveler... always so cheerful...
As for your statement about my picks, I have much more important things to worry about. I hope he does pick better than me.
As for your statement about all teams looking like crap, the Stars beating a UIL D2 team 50-0 at the half doesn't sound too bad to me.
Godsmightywarrior
6-Man Fan

Postby loveofgame » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:31 am

I like the "new" coach. Although, he really isnt new. He's been an asst there for many years. I believe the thing going against LT is the loss of freeman. Forrest is a heck of a player and talented, but losing freeman would hurt any team. I still see them making a dent in the playoffs.
loveofgame
6-Man Fan

Postby John Holmes » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:35 am

Warrior, be careful WC week one team is the 62 rank team in UIL Div II. They are ranked 128th out of 137 uil sixman teams. They are no powerhouse, probably a patsy for wildcard points. I hope WC did look good and had no mistakes. WC did get them a much better coach for this year and hopefully he can push them a little better. good luck to yall.
John Holmes
6-Man Fan

Postby Godsmightywarrior » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:06 am

John Holmes:
I realize Benjamin is no powerhouse, but beating any UIL D2 school that badly in a half can't be described as "looking like crap". That was my point.
Godsmightywarrior
6-Man Fan

Postby SFA » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:47 pm

I think John Holmes and GameTraveler are neighbors.
SFA
6-Man Fan

Postby Game Traveler » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:19 am

Hey Lumberjane! I don't live near the "Living Legend". I want to be neighbors with Davey Boy. I would have said the Samurai Warrior but I heard he moved up North and I don't do the cold very well. I have thinner skin in my old retirement age.

Hey war horse, ask any coach week one and I bet they say they need to improve, whether it was a lose to the #1 team or a win against the #137 team. I will agree with Magic Mike 3xl and say yall got a lot better coach in Johnson.

Lover Boy, I retired from coaching many moons ago.

Good Luck Boys and Girls!

Prickly!!!!!
Game Traveler
6-Man Fan

Previous

Return to TAPPS-Division III