Div2 _District 7 might have a shakeup!!!

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: Div2 _District 7 might have a shakeup!!!

Postby Texman301 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:41 am

There is the problem with most small towns! There are those that think they know more than the coaches do.

"and the gurus of Sterling City probally know more about those kids than
the coaches ever will "

If these guru's would keep their traps shut to the kids and let the guys who went to school and were taught how to coach do the coaching, more of the small school teams would be more successful!

Just my own opinion!
Texman301
6-Man Fan

Postby Sc Player » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:00 pm

old kicker your crazy if you actually thought westbrook had even a chance to beat the EAGLES you really need to do a little better reasearch before you make some pointless comment because district 7 wont have a shakeup SC will be in abilene in december.
Sc Player
11-Man Fan

Postby oldkicker » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:04 pm

Everyone has a right to there opinions thats why we live in this great country,
we can all open our traps like it or not.
I will always believe in freedom of speech for and against, I just stated my opinion on how good Sterling City
could be, and it is my right to do so along with the rest of the fans in SC that dont care for the coach playing his
favorites yes I said it his favorites. Just go ask some SC fans they will tell you school board or teachers kid means something in this small town.

I really didnt mean to start a big quarrel just expressing my opinion!!!!!
oldkicker
11-Man Fan

Postby Dogface » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:05 pm

Plus,
I think small town minds (gurus?)
don't always see the big picture.

PeeWee dads scare me.
Some of the things they tell the boys
at such a young age,
do more harm than good.
Professional coaches are left (stuck)
with trying to fix
all that camp/littleleague/dribbler
concession stand wisdom.
Dogface
6-Man Fan

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby oldkicker » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:07 pm

yep SC player your right oldkicker was crazy you boys are good,
just hoping for my old Wildcats thats all. I have no doubt you will be back
and Good Luck
oldkicker
11-Man Fan

Postby oldkicker » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:15 pm

You might be right dogface I was just stating what alot of SC fans are feeling, still a little
disappointed in last years State game I am sure, but actually had a fan point a few things out to me
like how many teachers kids never ride the bench or schoolboard kids.

Last years team had a good ballplayer that didnt play offense just makes you wonder? When schoolboards kids did play.

I just wish the coaching staff could hear what the fans are saying it is alarming
I would have figured a winning coach would have the fan support not in SC just makes
me wonder thats all.

Sorry for expressing my opinions I will be careful in the future and if I hurt anyones feeling I am truly sorry
thats not what oldkicker had in mind.!!!!
oldkicker
11-Man Fan

Postby oldkicker » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:15 pm

You might be right dogface I was just stating what alot of SC fans are feeling, still a little
disappointed in last years State game I am sure, but actually had a fan point a few things out to me
like how many teachers kids never ride the bench or schoolboard kids.

Last years team had a good ballplayer that didnt play offense just makes you wonder? When schoolboards kids did play.

I just wish the coaching staff could hear what the fans are saying it is alarming
I would have figured a winning coach would have the fan support not in SC just makes
me wonder thats all.

Sorry for expressing my opinions I will be careful in the future and if I hurt anyones feeling I am truly sorry
thats not what oldkicker had in mind.!!!!
oldkicker
11-Man Fan

Postby Texman301 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:46 pm

Thats just it, the parents or fans dont see the big picture. They see a "snap shot" either Thursday nights for the younger kids or Friday nights for the older kids. The fans see one competition and they think they are experts. They are not there day in and day out and do not have any clue as to why coaches make the decisions they do. All they can do is speculate. I know they also listen to the kids talk about why so and so is not playing but if you deal with kids on a daily basis, you KNOW they swing it in their favor every time. If you want to know why the coaches make the decisions they do, make an appointment bring this topic up. I would be willing to bet the conversation will be short. Why is it that everyone thinks they need to tell coaches what to do or the best way to do things. We dont go to the business place of the fans or parents and commence to tell them how to do their jobs, why must they insist doing it to us? It is our job and it is important to us. A coaches students ccan pass all the state exams every year and that looks really good for the school, but if a coach does not produce on the field or on the court, WINS, they are looking for a job!
Texman301
6-Man Fan

Postby flybynight » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:03 pm

This is doing SC no good. I think people need to stop and think about who actually reads the posts. Adults, yes, but the kids like to read this site. You know? Our players?? The ones you are referring to? Comments like the ones in this thread only make players doubt themselves and that will hurt our TEAM. Gripers will always be gripers. But, please stop and think about what your comments might do to the ones who are playing every Friday night.
flybynight
11-Man Fan

Postby True sc fan » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:51 pm

Not trying to grip, just want the best for our boys. Yes I have a sheep skin on the wall to, but don't remeber football 101 in school. So our coach may get a pay check but that in no way makes him a pro
True sc fan
11-Man Fan

Postby flybynight » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:18 pm

Regardless of what anyone thinks of the coaches and what they've done, NOTHING they do will bring harm to our team like these negative posts will. Positive breeds positive!!
flybynight
11-Man Fan

Postby flybynight » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:45 pm

To follow up, I believe the coaches have made positive changes for the Eagles. I'm impressed with what I've seen so far. I wish the best for this team, and I plan to be in Abilene come December! GO EAGLES!
flybynight
11-Man Fan

Postby Dogface » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:56 pm

Last year couldn't have been that bad.
I think they went to Abilene?
Oh,
That's right, I was there!
So tell all the Benedict Arnold
Guru's to STHU
OR GO TO COLLEGE AND GET YOUR OWN DAD BURN DEGREE!!

BAM!!
Dogface
6-Man Fan

Postby Dogface » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:15 pm

True sc fan wrote:Not trying to grip, just want the best for our boys. Yes I have a sheep skin on the wall to, but don't remeber football 101 in school. So our coach may get a pay check but that in no way makes him a pro

Someone needs to tell this concession stand genius
that yes!
getting paid for your chosen profession
does in fact,
make you a Professional.

(Perhaps not an expert like at the concession stand or along the fence)
DOH!
Dogface
6-Man Fan

Postby Dogface » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:26 pm

oldkicker wrote:Everyone has a right to there opinions thats why we live in this great country,
we can all open our traps like it or not.
I will always believe in freedom of speech for and against, I just stated my opinion on how good Sterling City
could be, and it is my right to do so along with the rest of the fans in SC that dont care for the coach playing his
favorites yes I said it his favorites. Just go ask some SC fans they will tell you school board or teachers kid means something in this small town.

I really didnt mean to start a big quarrel just expressing my opinion!!!!!

Ya gotta love a good opinion!
It's like a sphincter.
Everyone has one and sometimes they stink.
Let's carry your concession stand wisdom
to the next level!
My wife has a lump (not really).
Oh but wait!
All I gotta do is go ask a couple of the Frito pie Bubba's
what I should really be doin
instead of what the professional thinks
I should do?
You moron's inhale.
Dogface
6-Man Fan