Water Valley vs. Grady

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Water Valley vs. Grady

Postby WV Backer » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:56 pm

After a tough win on the road in Anton the toy has this game as a toss-up, what do you folks think? The next three games are a very tough stretch for the Wildcats with #10 Grady, #17 May (on the road) and #4 Borden County before a bye week and then into district play. Let's hear from you WV fans out there, which Wildcats team will be smiling at the end on Friday night? Does the WV go to 3-2 or do they fall to 2-3?
WV Backer
6-Man Fan

Re: Water Valley vs. Grady

Postby oldfat&bald » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:02 pm

That's gonna be a good one. It will be a good gauge if where both teams are. I'll say the Wildcats will win by 10.
oldfat&bald
6-Man Fan

Postby WV Backer » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:41 pm

I see that specificity is not your strong suit, OFB. :-)
WV Backer
6-Man Fan

Postby oldfat&bald » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:55 pm

The exact school that will win is South of Lubbock, North of San Angelo, East of Midland, and West of Abilene. Is that better Backer? :-)
oldfat&bald
6-Man Fan

Postby WV Backer » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:00 pm

Touché
WV Backer
6-Man Fan

Postby fortyfived » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:21 pm

The Wildcats of Water Valley is who I'm picking, but it'll be a battle! How bout the loser gets to clean the litter box in this cat fight?

GO WATER VALLEY !!!!!!

fortyfived
6-Man Fan

Postby Old Bearkat » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:02 am

The Grady Valley Wildcats will win........
Old Bearkat
6Man Authority

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby WV Backer » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:54 am

I've been to Lenorah, there is NO valley there. I think maybe those little bugs are starting to make their way into your head OBK.
WV Backer
6-Man Fan

Postby Old Bearkat » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:22 pm

Merely making my generic prediction that ensures I'm right no matter who really wins.........
Old Bearkat
6Man Authority

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby oldfat&bald » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:13 pm

WV Backer wrote:I've been to Lenorah, there is NO valley there. I think maybe those little bugs are starting to make their way into your head OBK.

But have you made it over to Tarzan?
oldfat&bald
6-Man Fan

Postby fortyfived » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:23 pm

I got to buy lunch (again) at the Tarzan grill today! Kind of wished I would have had on a Water Valley shirt just to to see if It would of raised an eyebrow. Would have had to put it on after food was served of course!
fortyfived
6-Man Fan

Postby oldfat&bald » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:00 pm

fortyfived wrote:I got to buy lunch (again) at the Tarzan grill today! Kind of wished I would have had on a Water Valley shirt just to to see if It would of raised an eyebrow. Would have had to put it on after food was served of course!

It's been a little while since I've been that way. Did they open the Little Dutchman store back up and call it the Tarzan grill?
oldfat&bald
6-Man Fan

Postby fortyfived » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:33 am

oldfat&bald wrote:It's been a little while since I've been that way. Did they open the Little Dutchman store back up and call it the Tarzan grill?

I'm not familiar with the Little Dutchman, but if it's the store right on the Andrews Hwy you are probably right. I just know it's been packed at lunch with all the oilfield activity around.
fortyfived
6-Man Fan

Postby WV Backer » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:13 pm

Heck of a game by two very determined Wildcat teams. The WV ground out a 58 - 56 win over Grady after being down 20 - 6 at one point. Cudos to E.J. Rodriguez (#4) of Grady as the WV had no answer for his combination of shiftiness and speed but the return of Devan Glass from injury proved to be too much as he helped to power the WV offense to their third win of the season. Injuries continue to be an issue for the WV as Cody Zuniga was rendered ineffective much of the game after he came up limping in the 2nd quarter and then had something happen to his right arm late in the game. It looked to me as though Tanner Counts was having some issues as well late in the game but I don't even have a clue what it might have been. Here's hoping they shake it off because they will definitely be needed in the upcoming road tilt at May. Congratulations to Grady on a hard-fought effort and keep your heads up, you'll definitely be making some noise come playoff time.
WV Backer
6-Man Fan

Return to Div 1 - District 6