Tough season on tap for the WV

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Tough season on tap for the WV

Postby WV Backer » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Bumping the schedule up against Granger's preseason rankings indicates a tough row to hoe for the Wildcats this season. Of course, I know they are just preseason rankings but they do give an indication of what can be expected from a particular team throughout the season. Starting off the season with #7 Blum at Hico followed by #12 Knox City there and then hosting TAPPS D1 #3 ranked Boerne Geneva will certainly be an eye-opening stretch. I wouldn't call Anton a breather but they are up next then another three in a row of Top 20 ranked contenders. #11 Grady, #19 May and then #9 Borden County round out the non-district schedule. At least Grady and BC are at Diddle Young field. I won't discuss the district schedule as of yet; don't want to cause any undue angst amongst our district brethren or call down the wrath of the Chivo Loco. What do you think Wildcat fans? Can the boys make it through that gauntlet of perennial contenders and come out the other side unscathed? Will they continue their 4 year regular season unbeaten streak? Does it really matter? Let's hear what you think.
WV Backer
6-Man Fan

Re: Tough season on tap for the WV

Postby WinTheDay » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:21 pm

Blum is the only threat there
WinTheDay
11-Man Fan

Postby Caprock kid » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:07 pm

..... You know nothing.
Caprock kid
6-Man Fan

Postby WinTheDay » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:39 pm

WV will have an undefeated regular season if they stay healthy.
WinTheDay
11-Man Fan

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:08 pm

WinTheDay wrote:WV will have an undefeated regular season if they stay healthy.

Can the "D" word be far behind?............
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan

Postby WV Backer » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:13 am

smokeyjoe53,
You may have noticed that the WV didn't even make the list of top 3 programs in the 21st century so, no dynasty talk here. Thanks for dredging that back up though.
WV Backer
6-Man Fan

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:36 am

Never entered my mind.......... I was insinuating, admittedly obtusely, that when undefeated is mentioned, that ugly word Defeated follows closely behind. ...................
My hope for every school in the great Sixman Nation is for an injury free, successful season........
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan

Postby Little Doc » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:20 am

I agree with smokey joe on the injuries. WV lost some hosses, but it is now time for others to get their chance to be the hoss. They have tradition to build on and if they are willing to work, they will have another successful season. Always fun to see a new group step up to the challenge regardless of the school they attend.
Little Doc
6-Man Fan

Postby Caprock kid » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:40 am

Little Doc wrote:Always fun to see a new group step up to the challenge regardless of the school they attend.

I don't know I would like to see Benjamin or some program that has really had a hard time come out of the dark and be successful. Much like Anton or Whiteface did last season.
Caprock kid
6-Man Fan

Return to Div 1 - District 6