Water Valley vs. Veribest

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: Water Valley vs. Veribest

Postby CDLfan » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:24 pm

West Texas Sixmaner wrote:I thought Leman was from Highland?

Be careful or you will be a genius like myself and jimnedder.
CDLfan
11-Man Fan

Postby WV Nation » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:53 pm

Ok caprock kid you are impressed with crowell who got beat by Follet who got beat by wv and your not impressed with wv? I'm not seeing the logic in that. An undefeated preseason record of 38 now ( I think) seriously give a good team credit where credit is due.
WV Nation
11-Man Fan

Postby cw2006 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:56 pm

indeed
cw2006
6-Man Fan

Postby Caprock kid » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:04 pm

WV Nation wrote:Ok caprock kid you are impressed with crowell who got beat by Follet who got beat by wv and your not impressed with wv. An undefeated preseason record of 38 now ( I think) seriously give a good team credit where credit is due.

I will give them credit when they prove to me they are for real. When you play one team who beat a team who beat a team who was ranked doesn't mean anything you look at WV schedule and see if they play anyone to give them a challenge (besides Follett). Give Crowell and Throck and Ira credit for playing a challenging schedule. My hat is off to those guys who actually prove their rank.
Caprock kid
6-Man Fan

Postby WV Backer » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:53 am

WV has played and beaten the overall #3, #11, & #12 ranked teams. I don't know that Crowell, T-Rock, or Ira have played a tougher schedule but, if they have, cudos to them. In the end you have to beat the teams on your schedule and get to the playoffs... then everyone you play will be tough (if you're in Region II anyway). Heck, WV might not even get the chance to take on one of those three teams considering they will have to get past Garden City or Rankin in the first round.
WV Backer
6-Man Fan

Postby Old Bearkat » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:13 am

Region 2 is a murderer's row this year. There will be barnburner games even in the bi-district rounds this year.
Old Bearkat
6Man Authority

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby WV Nation » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:28 am

A team that has 45 most of their opponents by half and then can walk out on the field and not only hang with but beat a very good team in a full game says a lot about that teams ability to handle whatever crosses their path! Go wildcats!
WV Nation
11-Man Fan

Postby WV Nation » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:37 am

And still not following your logic. Great for those teams supposedly playing tougher schedule but bottom line is you think crowell deserves so much yet they were beat by follet and WV beat follet so whats your point? You don't put much stock into rankings. Well I dont in schedules. Apparently our schedule hasnt slowed our boys down!!
WV Nation
11-Man Fan

Postby Wild Wildcat » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:57 pm

Getting back to the subject. Why would a team forfeit a game because of lack of players but still play a JV game. Wouldn't you play the varsity game? This makes no sense at all. The real losers in this situation is WVs varsity.
Wild Wildcat
11-Man Fan

Postby Bearcat » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:48 pm

If your JV is mostly made up of freshman, it is a safety issue. So the JV plays as a JV and the varsity forfeits.
Bearcat
11-Man Fan

Postby PopRay » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:13 pm

Iffin your varsity team is made up mostly underclassmen and they haven't done too well, and half of your starters are gone for the year...why get a whoopin...when you can play someone more closely to your caliber...just cancel your Varsity and play JV...the team you have is already by default, there...Many teams have barely enough for a Varsity team as it is..so when their best players go down and they are mostly underclassmen left...I can see why they wouldn't want to play a powerhouse...
Apparently there are no incentives for a team not to FF...
PopRay
6-Man Fan

Previous

Return to Div 1 - District 6