Week 9

Moderators: freeagent, mjda76384, granger

Re: Week 9

Postby wths » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:44 pm

Mr.Blue Sky wrote:Wths I knew valley use to be 11man they kind of bounced back, and fourth between the two. They didn't do all that great until they moved back to sixman in 98. What I was trying to say if Paducah would of moved down bout the same time we would have just as much or more success.

It was actually 2000 and I see your point but I don't agree with it.
wths
6-Man Fan

Postby Mr.Blue Sky » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:51 pm

Your right valley moved back in 2000 but began their run in 98. I didn't figure you would agree with me everybody has their own opinion. I figured your also from valley yourself. I know you remember the Dragon team from 04 that was very talented and let valley have that game by a miracle! I can assure you the teams from 2000-03 where even more talented and if they were to have played sixman they would of had some titles!
Mr.Blue Sky
6-Man Fan

Postby rainjacktx » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:09 am

Mr.Blue Sky wrote:Your right valley moved back in 2000 but began their run in 98. I didn't figure you would agree with me everybody has their own opinion. I figured your also from valley yourself. I know you remember the Dragon team from 04 that was very talented and let valley have that game by a miracle! I can assure you the teams from 2000-03 where even more talented and if they were to have played sixman they would of had some titles!

'If's and buts' is the diet of the mediocre.

Is Uncle Rico your hero? "If the coach would have put me in the game, we'd have won state. There's not a doubt in my mind"
rainjacktx
6-Man Fan

Postby Mr.Blue Sky » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:42 am

Lol hate on Paducah all you want but valley will never win a title in any sport they play.
Mr.Blue Sky
6-Man Fan

Postby rainjacktx » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:07 am

Coming from a guy who can't go three posts without revising historical fact with his interpretation of Uncle Rico's porch scene in "Napolean Dynamite", the use of an absolute such as 'never', is more comedic than it is insulting.
rainjacktx
6-Man Fan

Postby wths » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:12 am

Mr.Blue Sky wrote:Your right valley moved back in 2000 but began their run in 98. I didn't figure you would agree with me everybody has their own opinion. I figured your also from valley yourself. I know you remember the Dragon team from 04 that was very talented and let valley have that game by a miracle! I can assure you the teams from 2000-03 where even more talented and if they were to have played sixman they would of had some titles!

Nope wrong again not from Valley or close to Valley for that matter. Again that's your opinion on Paducah's talent and your entitled to it but I will say this, since 98 like you referenced as the beginning of their run, Paducah has had 9 winning seasons and Valley has had 16 or every year since 98. Now could have Paducah's teams been better had they been playing 6-man before the 2004 season? sure they could have but that doesn't mean they would have gotten a single trophy either. Just because a team that traditionally plays 11-man moves to 6-man does not mean they'll dominate the competition.
wths
6-Man Fan

Postby Old Bearkat » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:08 am

wths wrote:

Nope wrong again not from Valley or close to Valley for that matter. Again that's your opinion on Paducah's talent and your entitled to it but I will say this, since 98 like you referenced as the beginning of their run, Paducah has had 9 winning seasons and Valley has had 16 or every year since 98. Now could have Paducah's teams been better had they been playing 6-man before the 2004 season? sure they could have but that doesn't mean they would have gotten a single trophy either. Just because a team that traditionally plays 11-man moves to 6-man does not mean they'll dominate the competition.

Only Jayton and Fort Hancock were able to do that. everyone else had to play 6 man for at least 3-5 years.
Old Bearkat
6Man Authority

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby wths » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:29 am

Old Bearkat wrote:
wths wrote:

Only Jayton and Fort Hancock were able to do that. everyone else had to play 6 man for at least 3-5 years.

and that was back when 6-man first started correct?
wths
6-Man Fan

Postby HP Drifter » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:44 am

Not even close.
HP Drifter
6-Man Fan

Postby Mr.Blue Sky » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:58 pm

Rainjack valley=0 state titles.
Mr.Blue Sky
6-Man Fan

Postby Old Bearkat » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:28 pm

wths wrote:
Old Bearkat wrote:
wths wrote:

and that was back when 6-man first started correct?

Nope. 1984-85/86-92
Old Bearkat
6Man Authority

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby wths » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:55 pm

K I didn't know that thank you sir
wths
6-Man Fan

Postby sixmanfan2007 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:09 am

The Throckmorton team won state in their second year in 2005. I believe they lost to Richand in 2004 in the semifinals in a close game.
sixmanfan2007
6-Man Fan

Postby wths » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:51 am

sixmanfan2007 wrote:The Throckmorton team won state in their second year in 2005. I believe they lost to Richand in 2004 in the semifinals in a close game.

That's a good point, I stand corrected, I didn't even think about Throckmorton
wths
6-Man Fan

Previous

Return to Div 1 - District 2