Tapps D2 Games

Moderators: freeagent, mjda76384, granger

Re: Tapps D2 Games

Postby SicEm74 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:14 pm

I'm interested in hearing how those results were earned as well.
SicEm74
6-Man Fan

Postby Old76er » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:48 pm

freeagent wrote:I haven't been following six man D2 as close as I have, but there were a couple big surprises last night.

Lifegate winning 52-6 vs Hill Country (who had beaten NBCA). Okay, I thought Lifegate could win, but a 45 point halftime win? Lifegate vs NBCA next weekend is for the district title.

Freddy lost to Bracken 66-16. Wow. Did Freddy have some injuries or did my old friend Coach Stredic really find a way to stop the Hoermann twins?

I didn’t think Lifegate could win. Just looking at the like opponents this game should have been San Marcos by at least 20 points.

NBCA vs Lifegate should be a very good game. I’m sure after the butt whipping NBCA took from San Marcos that they will not under estimate seguin.

Freddy vs Bracken game had me blown away until I heard that several key Freddy players (1 of the Hoerman boys) went out of the game. Not sure what quarter but heard they were significant injuries. I know they have been banged up throughout the year. That’s one tough group of boys. Prayers to those who were injured this week

Anyone else shed any light on these games? 2nd or 3rd hand information can sometimes get twisted a little
Old76er
6-Man Fan

Postby freeagent » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:23 pm

Here's the scoop on the Lifegate - Hill Country game from the Seguin Gazette today:

http://seguingazette.com/sports/article ... E.facebook

There was another great article, not linked on the website, about John Rabon's 47-year coaching career. The folks at Heritage honored him before the game a couple weeks ago. Most of John's career was as an assistant, including some early days at Star HS. Lifegate was his first head coaching position.
freeagent
6Man Authority

Postby KB12 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:54 pm

freeagent wrote:I haven't been following six man D2 as close as I have, but there were a couple big surprises last night.

Lifegate winning 52-6 vs Hill Country (who had beaten NBCA). Okay, I thought Lifegate could win, but a 45 point halftime win? Lifegate vs NBCA next weekend is for the district title.

Freddy lost to Bracken 66-16. Wow. Did Freddy have some injuries or did my old friend Coach Stredic really find a way to stop the Hoermann twins?

Very impressive from Seguin and Bracken! D2 should have a bunch of very exciting playoff matchups this year. Looks like a number of teams have a chance to win the title!

I must have missed last weeks 86-0 score in the Bracken game. Very impressive and a little ironic considering I remember hearing whispers a few years ago that Coach Stredic publicly called out another school for winning a game 90-0 and then went as far as to purposefully vote against some of their deserving players at all-district meeting bc of their lack of “class” for winning 90-0...
KB12
11-Man Fan

Postby Dozer » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:04 pm

In defense of coach Stredic; I’m not sure what else could have been done. By the end of the first quarter the bench (the majority of which is freshman,) was in the game & the Warriors were taking a knee with 3 minutes left before halftime.
Dozer
11-Man Fan

Postby Old76er » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:28 pm

From what I heard they were missing a player or 2 that played a significant role. I think it was inevitable.
I agree on D2 playoffs. It’s packed on the south side! D3 south bracket could be a toss up. Seguin looks to be the down right shoe in....
Old76er
6-Man Fan

Previous

Return to TAPPS-Division II