Really?

Moderators: freeagent, mjda76384, granger

Re: Really?

Postby SicEm74 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:26 pm

Mrcacalaca wrote:According to sicem, NB had their best game ever.

Contemporary-Times calling Mr. Caca! Contemporary-Times calling Mr.Caca! After much ado pre-season boasting a championship title for the fightin Oaks of the Brazos, the Wild-cats of Unicorn land dash a magical thrashing on the reeling champs. Many cheered delightfully to the tune of PUP that this was indeed the "best game 'the Beast of the Brauns' could play!" Falling the once Living Ents!
SicEm74
6-Man Fan

Postby SicEm74 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:28 pm

Wildcat16 wrote:New Braunfels played better than Liveoak yes, however they still won the game without their best player #12 who was ejected in the 1st quarter do to a bogus call. He had already scored 2 TD prior to ejection.

Do tell what this "bogus call" was. Ejection tend to be more aggressive in nature.
SicEm74
6-Man Fan

Postby pup » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:47 pm

Surprise, surprise. I didn't see that happening. Way to go New Braunfels, sounds like you earned it. Two crearmpuffs coming before a big matchup with Calvert. I wouldn't write off Live Oak, though. You can bet this loss will be a HUGE motivator for the remainder of the season.
pup
6-Man Fan

Postby NDknight04 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:07 pm

I think my Knights will surprise some people still. We've got some real young talent that should be coming into their own once district rolls around. Looking forward to hopefully seeing another run to the big dance!
NDknight04
6-Man Fan

Postby SicEm74 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:02 am

pup wrote:Surprise, surprise. I didn't see that happening. Way to go New Braunfels, sounds like you earned it. Two crearmpuffs coming before a big matchup with Calvert. I wouldn't write off Live Oak, though. You can bet this loss will be a HUGE motivator for the remainder of the season.

Live Oak has ZERO competition for a title birth in the North. Writing them off from the finals is foolish.
SicEm74
6-Man Fan

Postby SicEm74 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:04 am

NDknight04 wrote:I think my Knights will surprise some people still. We've got some real young talent that should be coming into their own once district rolls around. Looking forward to hopefully seeing another run to the big dance!

I looked at the write up on Stars...ND will play second fiddle to them this year. Looks like Granbury is down as well. Making a Stars championship game birth even greater.
SicEm74
6-Man Fan

Postby SmallTownFan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:50 pm

New Braunfels definitely outplayed Live Oak. However the NB player was ejected for an obvious foul, nothing bogus about it. LO played most of the game without their senior QB who was tackled then stepped on by #33 for NB in a pretty low class move. That made LO's #2 (their best player by far) have to move to QB which limited him. That said, no one who saw the game can argue that the NB team played better on both sides of the ball and deserved the win. I hope they get to play again later this year. I will drive a long way to see that game.
SmallTownFan
11-Man Fan

Postby SicEm74 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:34 am

SmallTownFan wrote:New Braunfels definitely outplayed Live Oak. However the NB player was ejected for an obvious foul, nothing bogus about it. LO played most of the game without their senior QB who was tackled then stepped on by #33 for NB in a pretty low class move. That made LO's #2 (their best player by far) have to move to QB which limited him. That said, no one who saw the game can argue that the NB team played better on both sides of the ball and deserved the win. I hope they get to play again later this year. I will drive a long way to see that game.

Looking at the playoffs format it most likely will be LO and NBCA rematching. D2 bracket looks to be the heavy hitter this year but there is still much of the season left to be played so teams can move around.

I'll start a playoff bracket thread possibly tonight with "who will win" and come potential match-ups.
SicEm74
6-Man Fan

Postby Warcat82 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:56 pm

LO isnt even going to win their district. Holy Trinity and NCTA both can beat them. They will lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs. They are not their typical dominant selves. That brutal non district schedule has them beat up.
Warcat82
6-Man Fan

Postby Old76er » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:52 pm

Warcat82 wrote:LO isnt even going to win their district. Holy Trinity and NCTA both can beat them. They will lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs. They are not their typical dominant selves. That brutal non district schedule has them beat up.

Looks like NB won’t win their district either.....
Old76er
6-Man Fan

Postby SWRaider » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:48 am

Warcat82 wrote:LO isnt even going to win their district. Holy Trinity and NCTA both can beat them. They will lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs. They are not their typical dominant selves. That brutal non district schedule has them beat up.

Live Oak is in a different category when compared to HTCS and NCTA. Live Oak will win district and play for the State Championship AGAIN
SWRaider
6-Man Fan

Postby SicEm74 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:07 pm

Outside of WLO, what team up North in D2 bracket is a serious contender for the title?
SicEm74
6-Man Fan

Previous

Return to TAPPS-Division II