Div. III State Final - Notre Dame vs. Baytown Christian

Moderators: freeagent, mjda76384, granger

Re: Div. III State Final - Notre Dame vs. Baytown Christian

Postby Mr Jones » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:39 am

It was a good game afterall. BC pulled away and were en route to 45 WF but the Knights responded.
WF never quit. I was very surprised by the no die attitude down to the end.

Hats off to 13-0 BCA. Although you guys thought the victory margin should have been higher, you got it done and won your first football title. Well deserved.
Mr Jones
6-Man Fan

Postby NDknight04 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:15 pm

Congratulations to the Baytown Bulldogs. Very impressive athletes on both sides of the ball and worthy state champions for sure. I'm pleased you were all able to accomplish something so historic for your school and city.

I don't think I could be any more proud of my Knights even if they had pulled off the upset. They were outmatched in just about every physical category except the size of their hearts. They went the distance with the #1 team in the division, and refused to go quietly into the night.

Anyone who was surprised by this outcome doesn't know the resolve of these boys and the Notre Dame football program. These are the same people that gave them no shot in the pre-season, regular season and post season. The final score proved more than just Baytown being the well-deserved state champion. It proved that Notre Dame football is to be respected. End of story.

Great game yesterday, spectacular season Knights and see y'all next year.
NDknight04
6-Man Fan

Postby GeauxTigers » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:06 pm

Mr. NDKnight04:

I agree 100%. I am proud of the Bulldogs for what they accomplished but I was equally impressed with the heart and resolve of the Knights! At numerous times during the game Baytown went up by 20+ points only to see them come back to make it close again. They never gave up! They fought hard--till the last second. I believe ND could be back to the Finals for a third straight year.
GeauxTigers
11-Man Fan

Postby WFfootballfan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:41 pm

I too would like to congratulate both teams on successful seasons. It's always nice when your team is on month 6 or 7 of football in the school year. Those hot summer two-a-days, grueling regular season schedules and heart-stopping playoff moments all seem so much more worth it when you're playing to be called the best in the state.

Congratulations to Baytown. So many on these boards were hyping other teams within the division, while the Bulldogs seemed to let their talking take place on the field.

Notre Dame, as per usual, also found their fair share of doubters all the way back to the pre-season prediction threads. They were called "down movers" and without the athletic ability of former teams. I think they proved this season that they deserve to be recognized as one of the elite programs in TAPPS 6-man. I hope one day they are able to claim a state title as well to further validate all these great seasons and the hard work of a dedicated coaching staff.

And now we wait until next season. Can't wait to see what lies ahead. Good luck, good night and God bless.
WFfootballfan
6-Man Fan

Postby billybobthornton » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:59 am

Looks like ol Notre Dame just handed the trophy to Baytown. It appeared to be a blow out like QB and Go Kitty predicted.
billybobthornton
11-Man Fan

Postby billybobthornton » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:06 am

[quoteI am not turning this into something that its not, just stating facts.

ND is 7-4 / 3-0 in one, if not the easiest of TAPPS districts. They have an offense that IMO is all over the map on what will happen. Often the QB will throw hail Mary's on first and second down looking for a play. The teams who beat them capitalized on these mistkes by making the interception. To me, the only move they have made since their last defeat was a counter punch to Granbury, which is defensively a mess. ND squeaked by a bad team in Weatherford by only 4 points! Not a strong showing. ND has a run game that is par.

Baytown is 12-0 / 4-0 with no big wins over any true powerhouses but did take care of Freddy by one and mercy ruled a personnel suffering Seguin. Conroe was overrated on this site in power rating and Baytown helped to correct the issue after the win. The beginning and latter of their schedule was blowout after blowout of sub par teams. Baytown is the pretty penny in their district. I have seen this team a few times this season including both playoff games.

I think the guys saying that this will be a decent contest need to hit the road and watch some sixman. This will be a one sided event for Baytown although I do hope for a decent game and not a slaughter. I, for the record would have rather had one D2 bracket and done away with D3. Much more competition this way. ][/quote]

Exactly what facts were you stating?? Maybe you should should "hit the road and watch some sixmnan."

It was one of the weirdest one sided event I have ever watched.
billybobthornton
11-Man Fan

Postby JustFootball45 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:57 am

billybobthornton wrote:Looks like ol Notre Dame just handed the trophy to Baytown. It appeared to be a blow out like QB and Go Kitty predicted.

A blowout? When did getting beat by 11 points become getting blown out? Notre Dame didn't just hand the trophy to BCA, BCA earned it. Last I checked scoring 50+ points on a team who hasn't let anyone score 50 points all year and losing by 11 wasn't a blow out. Did you even watch the game or are you just blowing smoke out your bottom?? Blow outs happen when you get beat by 20+ points not 11 to the undefeated team in Tapps Dlll.
JustFootball45
11-Man Fan

Postby billybobthornton » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:31 am

I guess you need a backstop to catch the sarcasm that flew right over your head!
billybobthornton
11-Man Fan

Previous

Return to TAPPS-Division II